Armed Robbery In Brazil. man shoots robber/ robber shoots man

This is a discussion on Armed Robbery In Brazil. man shoots robber/ robber shoots man within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We will call this "anatomy of a shootout"; things I like to point out before you watch the video. 1) The man is pocket carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Armed Robbery In Brazil. man shoots robber/ robber shoots man

We will call this "anatomy of a shootout"; things I like to point out before you watch the video.
    1) The man is pocket carrying and looks to have a hard time getting it out; looks like an auto
    2) He doesn't drop his bag, could this have hamper his ability to shoot better?
    3) He only shoots the first guy once and this proves to be fatal mistake, did he just wing him?

Last edited by barstoolguru; August 20th, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

It isn't conclusive that the GG died from his gunshot wound by watching the video.

It's a good example of why training is so important. Kudos for the man taking the initiative to defend the cashier, but he made lots of mistakes. And if he did die as a result of the exchange, it's sad since in all likelyhood it appears that wasn't necessary.

I think this video should go under 'Defensive scenarios'. Many times posters put up stuff without all the needed details. This video is great as it provides different angles as well as time frames. Audio would have been nice but I spent time there and I doubt we could understand them anyway.

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

By all means if it could be moved and do some more good somewhere else I am all for it. Sometimes it's hard to see which category something like this goes in

Consider it moved!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    It definitely seems that the GG would have been better off firing several shots at the BG in the store before turning his attention to the BG on the motorcycle. It's not clear if the outside BG is armed, so why even bother with him?

The GG did the right thing at first - take back the tactical advantage with a surprise attack. He didn't press his advantage by continuing to fire until the inside BG was down and out.

The G also made an amazing shot while lying down and firing at the fleeing BG.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I have to agree. The mistake was turning his back on an armed attacker without fully neutralizing them. The other BG on the bike wasn't an immediate threat.It looks like the guy on the bike wasnt wanting to stick around. it teaches me that even at point blank range one shot stops rarely happen and in this case the guy just got right back up.

In the GG's defense things happen so fast.Actions have to be made in seconds.

I pray for the victim(s) of this crime. I hope that GG didn't die.

it looks to me like the first shot didn't connect. the BG jumped up and start shooting as he was running then the GG make a heck of a shot at a running BG after he was hit and the BG folds into the street

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    it looks to me like the first shot didn't connect. the BG jumped up and start shooting as he was running then the GG make a heck of a shot at a running BG after he was hit and the BG folds into the street
    It looks to me like the GG did hit the inside BG, because the video shows him going down. The GG's mistake was that he didn't make sure the BG stayed down.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

It looks to me as if the GG may be an off duty cop,after shooting BG1 he then goes after and shoots BG2.I would bet that where this happened Civilians either don't have firearms or can legally carry them so the Armed Robber wasn't expecting to meet somebody with a gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    It looks to me like the GG did hit the inside BG, because the video shows him going down. The GG's mistake was that he didn't make sure the BG stayed down.
    Look at the better then half way point on that tape and for some camera across the street the GG makes a shot and the BG folds into the pavement. The way he was shooting and running tells me that the first shot must have just grazed him and the shot in the street was the one that connected

I think it's obvious that he had assessed the situation based on the fact that he quickly turned his attention to the next target. His greatest error was in not neutralizing his first target.

Two quick shots to center mass, then adjust to the next target from a covered and/or crouched position. I feel he also made a mistake by approaching his next target, which also put his last target to his back, and assuming that there wasn't yet another BG hiding off to the side to provide getaway cover-fire.

But as to that last shot he took at the BG. Pretty amazing. I think we can assume he knows how to shoot. I just don't think he ever trained for a gun battle. Which leads me to think he isn't LE. Of course he could be...

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Wow. One shot may not always be enough and it's dangerous to turn you back on a BG, especially one that you have shot and not incapacitated.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

because it was brazil we will never know what gun or if he was a police. I couldn't tell if the BG comes in and shoots the guy in the white shirt because he falls and then crawls away so if that is the case I can't blame the GG for shooting the BG on the motorcycle. it very well could be gang related robberies.

So if that happen here is the USA would it be legal to shoot the guy on the motorcycle? He poses no threat that we can see or had a weapon but he was an accessory to a crime.

Not sure what the credibility of Liveleak is, but they claim the man in the store was actually a police officer, and that he did end up dying along with both bad guys: LiveLeak.com - 3 dead in armed robbery - Brazil

One of the two criminals broke into the shop and announced the robbery. An off-duty police officer responded and shot the robber and accomplice who was waiting on a bike outside. But he ended up getting hit too. All three died in hospital.

sgb
    Even the largest handgun calibers are poor fight stoppers.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links