At High Orange 24/7

This is a discussion on At High Orange 24/7 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened last Monday . My family has owned the apartement complex that I live in ,and I had an apartemt there for last year ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: At High Orange 24/7

At High Orange 24/7

This happened last Monday .

My family has owned the apartement complex that I live in ,and I had an apartemt there for last year and a half since my divorce.

Its not in best of hoods but there are kept up and clean.

We have had one suspected tenanet that we thought is dealing dope.

It has taken a year and a half but last monday around noon the police did raid and busted them.

( he was bailed out and back by 1:00am )

My thoughts now are there has to be no question as to he has to know I turned him in .

I live on the same side as he does he lives next door.

We have gave him a notice of eviction notice but this scum will not go the easy way.

I just feel I really need to watch my back till hes gone.

Am I too paranoid ??

Thoughts please.

2. Remove Ads

How long before he's out? 90 days?

You can't stay high orange 90 days... you'll overheat and explode!

So, you turned him in.... He has no way to know this.... for certain... he probably suspects....

My evictees tended to turn to property crime... against my car (or their apartment on the way out...)

Alarm system for the apt... cameras. gun on your person all the time... Higher SA when out in public...

Good luck
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Watch your back for sure. Especially if he has the "gang" mentality. Keep a ar or ak or some high cap rifle close in the house. In the mean time save up some money and put yourself in a better neighborhood bro. Quality of life can't be that great in a place where someone is pushing dope next door and police raids are happening. I read your recently divorced so this may have something to do with it......good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Not paranoid at all, IMO...but don't let them know you're in high orange...be the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    How long before he's out? 90 days?

You can't stay high orange 90 days... you'll overheat and explode!

So, you turned him in.... He has no way to know this.... for certain... he probably suspects....

My evictees tended to turn to property crime... against my car (or their apartment on the way out...)

Alarm system for the apt... cameras. gun on your person all the time... Higher SA when out in public...

Good luck
    Well I hope he will be out in 30 days but doubt it.

After the dust settled I went to him on Wed night and asked due to his criminal behavior I asked to leave in less than 72 hours.

We bolth know he would not do that .

We did give him a legal 15 day notice this week end.

This is the kicker I hate liars

When I talked to him wed night he says oh cant he have anonther chance hes learned his lesson on and on.

All the while this scum would knock you out with the sentch of Pot .

Yeah right he learned his lesson .

Well, if he stunk of pot, it's highly unlikely he'll be motivated enough to come after you.... but, also likely he'll forget to move out... (snicker)...

The only lesson he may have learned is to be more discreet... but if it was pot... he probably already forgot the lesson...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

My father and I didnt the rental houses for a few years. One of the tricks we learned to get people out sooner was to offer them cash to leave. Sometimes, its cheaper to offer say 200 dollars to leave, than it is to go thru all the court costs. Its just an idea. Either way, be safe.
    atctimmy, WHEC724 and marcclarke like this.

Having gone through the fun and frivolity of having to evict a tenant in FL the best advice is to get a lawyer well versed in tenant law and get them moving. My situation was on the surface far simpler than yours and mine ended up being finalized about one week short of a year. Certain events in a tenants life can reset the "how many days until the law can toss them out" clock.

My tenant found those events and utilized them perfectly.

Ended up selling the house and property for the value of the land alone. Cat carcasses and possum skeletons with no sheet rock left in the house tends to lower property value. I learned the hard way that the landlord is not the favored party in disputes.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    My father and I didnt the rental houses for a few years. One of the tricks we learned to get people out sooner was to offer them cash to leave. Sometimes, its cheaper to offer say 200 dollars to leave, than it is to go thru all the court costs. Its just an idea. Either way, be safe.
    Yes, unless the guy's trashed the place, offering to refund the security deposit quickly or possibly forego the "last month's" rent may induce him to leave peacefully. Sometimes it's best to lose a few bucks to save more. By all means keep a record of encounters and discussions, preferably with a witness.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yes, unless the guy's trashed the place, offering to refund the security deposit quickly or possibly forego the "last month's" rent may induce him to leave peacefully. Sometimes it's best to lose a few bucks to save more. By all means keep a record of encounters and discussions, preferably with a witness.
    Most of the time they trash the place anyways. I never gave the security deposit back if the place was trashed. I just offered them 200 dollars, if they took it great, if they didnt its off to court. Most of the time, around 60% of the time, it would work. They would be out in a couple of days.
    marcclarke likes this.

Rule #40: If it seems someone is out to get you, they are.

Stay sharp
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Not paranoid at all, IMO...but don't let them know you're in high orange...be the sheep.
    Indeed

If there's a chance he's a hard case, try the $200 disappearance bribe. It's a cheap price to pay. Outside Houston many years ago a tough biker gang began hanging-out around a small country store. Regular customers starting avoiding the place & the store owner was stumped for an easy solution. I asked him what how much he was willing to pay to make 'em go away. He said he was losing over $600 profit a week. There were around a dozen bikers. I asked if they ever wanted to float any credit for cigarettes, beer, etc. He said "sure, all the time". I suggested extending $20 credit per biker. In about a week, all the bikers owned the owner $20 = ~$250 total. They rode off and were never seen again. They thought they had made-off with a few free packs of cigarettes & a case of beer. But what HE knew was...they were gone. Good Luck!
    Caertaker likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

stay vigilant, you have a reason to be paranoid.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    In the mean time save up some money and put yourself in a better neighborhood bro.
    You can't spend enough money to keep a drug dealer from moving in next door (they make a lot of money). You might get a higher end drug dealer but it can still happen. I live in 'nice' area. Upper middle class type neighborhood and a few years back the house 6 doors down was taken down by the police.
    We kind of suspected it because there were different cars their all the time.

Another worry related to being in the vicinity of illegal activity is the risk that your home is invaded by mistake by bad guys who were after the dealer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links