An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such - Page 3

An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such

This is a discussion on An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mlr1m When I was a kid we had very realistic looking toy guns. Yup, I spent a big part of my childhood ...

View Poll Results: In the included situation would you use deadly force?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 12.90%
  • No

27 87.10%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    When I was a kid we had very realistic looking toy guns.
    Yup, I spent a big part of my childhood running through the neighborhood and hopping fences with realistic looking toy guns (before orange barrels), playing 'guns'. The only rule was spot your buddies at a reasonable distance and yell "Bang" before they did. Now my kids just get on the playstation...

Back to the OP, I would use a little judgement. If they looked like kids playing I'd leave them alone. If they looked old enough to know better, I'd get out of there and call the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I am wondering where all the CCW warriors are. If this was in a mall would people engage to save the lives of others? I would not assume they were carrying airsoft guns as that could put my life in jeapordy and I would assume the worst. I don't know if they are some Al Quaeda sleeper cell or some radical Mormon militia or some left wing guerillas and I am not going to chance it. I would like to say I would draw and start putting rounds on target.
    Wherever you live, I do not want to move there.
    sparkykb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    So there are a lot of 10 year old boy terrorist sleeper cells in the US these days?
    They were aged 10-15 according to the original post. It seems feasible as many religious have dangerous kids. Remember the kids at Ruby Ridge were armed and opened fire at law enforcement. It is not unheard of to see crazy parents raising crazy children.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Wherever you live, I do not want to move there.
    Trust me, you don't want to live here. Not many can handle it.

They were aged 10-15 according to the original post. It seems feasible as many religious have dangerous kids. Remember the kids at Ruby Ridge were armed and opened fire at law enforcement. It is not unheard of to see crazy parents raising crazy children.
    Seriously...

You may want to very much consider moving to where you will not find any kids or anyone else that might be dangerous. You must be constantly on edge, beyond hyper vigilant.

Trust me, you don't want to live here. Not many can handle it.
    Ok. You're the man. I'm so thankful I am here to receive the little pearls of wisdom and experience you choose to impart upon us.

Seriously...

You may want to very much consider moving to where you will not find any kids or anyone else that might be dangerous. You must be constantly on edge, beyond hyper vigilant.
    The last time I was in condition white was in 2002. Only for an hour though.

Ok. You're the man. I'm so thankful I am here to receive the little pearls of wisdom and experience you choose to impart upon us.
    Thanks, but I don't need compliments or sweet talk. I'm here to learn and share as we all are.

Note to self...paint end of kid's BB gun tomorrow morning...

We have 2, I know for sure one doesn't have an orange tip because I have used it side by side with my handgun to illustrate to my kid's it's hard to tell the difference between a gun that shoots bullets and one that shoots BB's and ANYTIME ANYWHERE they see a gun don't touch it and don't assume.

Now granted, I am a bit overprotective and I don't trust young and stupid, so my boys aren't allowed to play with even the BB and airsoft guns unattended but just in case I'm thinking I need to add some paint to the barrels...

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    Note to self...paint end of kid's BB gun tomorrow morning...

We have 2, I know for sure one doesn't have an orange tip because I have used it side by side with my handgun to illustrate to my kid's it's hard to tell the difference between a gun that shoots bullets and one that shoots BB's and ANYTIME ANYWHERE they see a gun don't touch it and don't assume.

Now granted, I am a bit overprotective and I don't trust young and stupid, so my boys aren't allowed to play with even the BB and airsoft guns unattended but just in case I'm thinking I need to add some paint to the barrels...
    Good idea and great parenting. You're not overprotective, you appear to be the kind of parent kids need.

mkh
    As others said, I would drive away. Unlikely that a bunch of 10 year olds would have real guns.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    As others said, I would drive away. Unlikely that a bunch of 10 year olds would have real guns.
    In today's society? With kids joining drug gangs at such early ages, it might not be.

In today's society? With kids joining drug gangs at such early ages, it might not be.
    I'm confused. First it was terrorist cells and now it is drug gangs. Wait, I know...It's terrorist drug gangs.

VIP Member
    I'm confused. First it was terrorist cells and now it is drug gangs. Wait, I know...It's terrorist drug gangs.
    Forget it bro. I think he's off his meds or something.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links