An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such - Page 4

An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such

This is a discussion on An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its pretty scary that four members of this forum would shoot children playing with bb guns....

View Poll Results: In the included situation would you use deadly force?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 12.90%
  • No

27 87.10%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: An uneasy situation - Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such

Its pretty scary that four members of this forum would shoot children playing with bb guns.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrahtDog View Post
    Its pretty scary that four members of this forum would shoot children playing with bb guns.
    To be fair, the thread is "Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such."

And when it comes right down to it, lawful justification requires a reasonable belief in imminent death or serious injury ... irrespective of what the age or "caliber" of the gun turns out to be, post-attack.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    To be fair, the thread is "Children & Airsoft not easily identified as such."

And when it comes right down to it, lawful justification requires a reasonable belief in imminent death or serious injury ... irrespective of what the age or "caliber" of the gun turns out to be, post-attack.
    It wouldnt be me judging that matters, but I think it would be real hard to convince the jury though.

If you look at the incident in west Memphis ar, there was a 14 year old boy who had a painted water gun or something along those lines. He was hanging with his friends behind a gas station that had been robbed recently and was on watch when a under cover officer spotted them and told them to get down. They ran and the one pulled out the water gun. This didn't end well for him. I think this had a little to do with the role of parenting in this kids life as do most situations. Sad

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by DrahtDog View Post
    I believe in letting a situation blossom before i intervene. If someone is there simply for money at a gas station or what not then there insurance can cover this. If a kid.....regardless of age, race, etc points a bb gun in my face or at me and threatens me, i can't say i would take the time to check the gun out to see if its deadly or not. Everyone has that line in the sand and i do not judge others for where there's is but if one feels there life is in danger i would hope they wouldn't hesitate. If you hesitate, you die. Of course avoiding situations is always best! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    This is my airsoft gun. It has a full metal body and is licensed by H&K. Imagine the muzzle painted black, which I did have at one point for some pictures.. Ive handled a real MP5, not much difference to someone who hasnt.

Any questions?
    My son has several airsoft rifles and pistols. Some of these weapons are real feel and weight and looks, especially the M4's. The orange barrels are easily covered with black tape making them look even more realistic. I do not allow him to wander the neighborhood with these in tote. My son and his friends play war games in the woods. Similar to paintball but the BB's leave a nice welt on bare skin.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Live for today because no one promised you tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by lj23893 View Post
    My son has several airsoft rifles and pistols. Some of these weapons are real feel and weight and looks, especially the M4's. The orange barrels are easily covered with black tape making them look even more realistic. I do not allow him to wander the neighborhood with these in tote. My son and his friends play war games in the woods. Similar to paintball but the BB's leave a nice welt on bare skin.
    You never been hit with a paintball bro? Gooooooooodddddd gosh they can hurt to. I played competitively for a couple of years......try a frozen one....i hear they sting a little. Never tried it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Forget it bro. I think he's off his meds or something.
    I am not off my meds as I don't take any.

My point being that in modern society kids are joining gangs at early ages and carrying firearms. Often these gangs sell drugs and use the kids to hold the drugs and guns. If a child points a firearm at me or what appears to be a firearm, am I not right to defend myself?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links