Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound.

This is a discussion on Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure to whom to attribute this famous quote, "Good fences make good neighbors." Probably a fence salesman....

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound.

I'm not sure to whom to attribute this famous quote, "Good fences make good neighbors." Probably a fence salesman.
    Spirit51 and ironmike86 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Nope. Legs too long for Basset or even dashund, but you can sure see the hound in him. I love hounds. Have a Basset Hound and a Blue Tick. Just got a Pom for a lap dog. Thank goodness the hound girls are fixed....he has taken a real "interest" in the Basset and I would hate to think what that combination would look like. Waiting for a "fixing" special at the Vet's (he does that twice a year) to get him fixed. Vet want 65 dollars to fix him. That is what he charged for each of my daughter's two old English Sheep Dogs. With "equipment" as small as his...it shouldn't cost that much, should it?
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Nope. Legs too long for Basset or even dashund, but you can sure see the hound in him. I love hounds. Have a Basset Hound and a Blue Tick. Just got a Pom for a lap dog. Thank goodness the hound girls are fixed....he has taken a real "interest" in the Basset and I would hate to think what that combination would look like.
    Imagine the surprise of the Basset when a half-dozen little 4in long, 1in tall, ear-droopin' puffballs popped out.

Or, your surprise when a grown Pom-Tick showed promise while treein' coons, with the exception of the hair getting tangled beyond repair in all the brambles.

No doubt any combination would turn out to be as lovable and devoted as ever. Gotta love 'em.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It was clearly brandishing.

He was scared and took the gun with him for protection from your dog when he went to complain to your wife. Big mistake. If you need to talk about it with the dog's owner, do it after the dog is inside and you don't need a gun.

The only time this would have been justifiyable to produce a weapon was if the dog was still on his property.

Brandishing yes. Assault? No... Still his word vs hers for the brandishing charge. Even then though, if he admitted to LEO that he brought the gun to your house, hed still need to put it in writing for a charge, which is unlikely.

I'd have a reasonable talk with him and if hes just an ass-hat, either install security cameras or move out if you really love your dog. Lots of jerks put poison in steak and toss it over the fence. Its impossible to prove who did it without a CCTV tape. I'd move if hes a jerk............
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; September 16th, 2012 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by finnman1 View Post
    Lots of jerks put poison in steak and toss it over the fence. Its impossible to prove who did it without a CCTV tape. I'd move if hes a jerk
    ^^^Yep. My brother in law used to feed alot of cats on his property. All of a sudden many of them turned up missing. And then he started finding them, several at a time, laying in a nice neat row on his back porch, dead. He's sure his neighbor poisoned them but he can't prove it.

ETA: Just so there is no confusion, I was agreeing with you about the possibility of the neighbor poisoning their dog.................
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; September 16th, 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    With "equipment" as small as his...it shouldn't cost that much, should it?
    I think this is truly one of those cases where size doesn't matter. I would be funny to see a vet's rate charge by the oz
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I think this is truly one of those cases where size doesn't matter. I would be funny to see a vet's rate charge by the oz
    I don't remember the exact weight cutoffs, but my vet does charge less for a small dog than a mid-size, and less for that than a large dog. My previous vet did the same. I just assumed this was a universal practice.

Pay the fine, pay the homeowner a token amount to compensate him for the trespass (if you're on good terms, then 'insist' he take the $50 or whatever), and sue the shotgunner for assaulting your wife who was partially crippled.

Finally, tut yourself for having dogs that you cannot control.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Sounds like the kind of scenario you should be able to leave work for? Even if it was a risk of being fired. Yes, the LEOS will get there before you, but I know if it was my wife, she would want me home, and it would be difficult to focus on work with that going on anyway.

But I can understand certain jobs, such as if you are a Paramedic in the middle of running a code, or something like that. (but in that case I guess you'd be too busy to answer a phone call from your wife?)

Anyway, hope it all ends well. Its tough when its a neighbor, because the issues will be there until one of you moves, which is too bad.

I just read your post # 129.......

Some real idiots and jerks.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I know that LEOs out here have a live and let live philosophy but he admitted pointing the shotgun at her (and he pumped it too). I just can't see NOT locking him up for at least a little while.
    If he had racked a round in the chamber, and I was in your wife's shoes, I would have shot him right then and there.

Your wife should be armed when she goes outside. My wife is always armed, especially when outside the house. And she knows how to use it.

Years ago, both my wife and I had an encounter with a drunk neighbor brandishing a pistol at us when we lived on a rural county road. We both learned then, not to go around unarmed, even around the house.
    Spirit51 and RichB70 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Glad no one got hurt. I'm a big softy for dogs. You can be my neighbor and let him run free all you want. My wife's allergic and I can't have a dog :(. After being stationed in Afghanistan and see the mass amount of free dogs there I fell in love with them and truly knew no dog is mean unless there owner teaches it.

I take my daughter to sportsmans warehouse every couple of days to say hi to all the guide/hunting dogs people bring it. Unless it came to my daughters safety idk if I could pull the trigger on a dog rushing at me unless he was foaming. M 2c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I showed my daughter the dog pictures and she tried to eat my phone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...She's too much of a softy at heart.
    Softies at heart have a bad habit of getting shot full of holes for not recognizing when their life is in immediate danger. She should think about that for a while.

I'm supportive of your dilemma. I hope you can end up getting your wife more grounded in reality. It's not always an easy sell. But keep after her.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    So I was wondering if you had taking these advice
    I'd have a reasonable talk with him and if hes just an ass-hat, either install security cameras or move out if you really love your dog. Lots of jerks put poison in steak and toss it over the fence. Its impossible to prove who did it without a CCTV tape. I'd move if hes a jerk............
    Thought maybe this was you listing your place for sale.

New Jersey Home Owner Sells House Because of ‘A**hole’ Neighbor | TheBlaze.com
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Links