Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound.

This is a discussion on Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OD* So not jst anyone can edit any articles now? That would be a huge improvement, but if anyone with a computer ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    So not jst anyone can edit any articles now? That would be a huge improvement, but if anyone with a computer can edit an article, it's not reliable to me.
    no anyone can still edit them, but over the last few years their moderation staff has greatly improved. while i am not saying the site is reliable yet, it has gotten a lot better. it also depends what you are trying to look up. i use it for life sciences and entymology mostly. not really a crowd of people looking to edit those articles without the knowledge to do so. like i said, you have to take it, like everything else, with a grain of salt. i like the interface, it works well from my phone, and i don't have to pay a subscription fee like encyclopedia brittainica.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Exactly. Look how long it took for Zimmerman to be arrested. FL "requires" an investigation prior to arrest for an alleged SD shooting, despite what the media and so-called "bereeved" may demand. That investigation may take ten minutes, or ten months. But until the state says: "No case," an arrest is possible.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Go ahead and cite Wiki in a legal case.
    i would not.
    NotMallNinja and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Exactly. Look how long it took for Zimmerman to be arrested. FL "requires" an investigation prior to arrest for an alleged SD shooting, despite what the media and so-called "bereeved" may demand. That investigation may take ten minutes, or ten months. But until the state says: "No case," an arrest is possible.
    Until the statute of limitations has tolled the state can still bring about charges later. The reason this can happen is that a declination to prosecute (nolle prosequi) is not adjudication of a case on the merits (by the court) and thus, until the statute tolls, the ability to bring charges remains.
    Last edited by NotMallNinja; September 3rd, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Yes it does, a 5 year old or a 55 year old; they are unauthorized intruders. So what if he hears a noise and doesn't see anyone does it make the noise any less menacing? "Reasonable fear" is the bases; who is to say what that is? Reasonable fear to a 28 year old marine is different from reasonable fear from an 80 year old woman.
    If a noise outside makes you reasonably fearful for your life then you better be able to articulate the noise and why, because just saying you are isn't going to be enough. And IMHO if someone is actually fearful for their life then leaving the safety of the home and the intermediate barrier between them and the noise doesn't hold water.
    OD* likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    But, whoa, how did this get to discussion about murder? One of the two people that was there said (according to OP) "He didn't point the gun at me, just at the dog".
    The original post indicated an assailant had aimed at the woman unjustifiably, along with a threat to kill. That's where it came from.

Only the second post from Para indicated the assailant apparently did otherwise.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Barstool Marine is spelled with a capitol M. Thank you.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    But if he felt threatened by a strange dog running through his yard he would be. Especially if he saw someone shouting and screaming after it and this person looks like they are having trouble walking (assuming she was as she just had surgery according to the original poster). I would feel threatened and fear for my life.
    Really? That would have made you fear for your life?

Dang.
    atctimmy, tundra and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Really? That would have made you fear for your life?

Dang.
    atctimmy and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Barstool Marine is spelled with a capitol M. Thank you.
    what if i am fishing in a marine enviroment, or studying marine biology, marine geology, or marine ecology?

Wikipedia is actually a pretty great way to look up information. Yeah, it's still not considered a reliable source when it comes to serious academic work or legal advice, but it's almost always accurate. If someone posts some false information on it, it will be changed within the hour. I don't have access to databases of peer reviewed journals on my personal computer, so Wikipedia can be a good place to start.

Wikipedia is a better source of information than the vast majority of internet sites.
    W9HDG likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    But if he felt threatened by a strange dog running through his yard he would be. Especially if he saw someone shouting and screaming after it and this person looks like they are having trouble walking (assuming she was as she just had surgery according to the original poster). I would feel threatened and fear for my life.
    So let me get this straight. You're inside your house and a dog running outside with a limping person chasing it would make you fear for you life? Is that what you just posted? Really?

Is there anything else you are afraid of? Toast and jelly? Air? Birds? Chipmunks?

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    what if i am fishing in a marine enviroment, or studying marine biology, marine geology, or marine ecology?

What (not capped) if I (cap) am fishing in a marine environment (missing the N), or studying marine biology, marine geology, or marine ecology?

I fixed it for you so if I am missing just a capped M; I can live with it

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    What (not capped) if I (cap) am fishing in a marine environment (missing the N), or studying marine biology, marine geology, or marine ecology?

I fixed it for you so if I am missing just a capped M; I can live with it
    how the hell did i misspell environment?! must have been all the beer i drank yesterday...

Maxwell47 likes this.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links