Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound.

This is a discussion on Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm scared of some birds, and chipmunks with big claws and teeth..... But, in this case I must say that if it was my yard, ...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Wife just saw the business end of my neighbor's shotgun. LEOs inbound.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I'm scared of some birds, and chipmunks with big claws and teeth..... But, in this case I must say that if it was my yard, I would have helped the woman catch her dog. Unless there are more circumstances, In my opinion, there is nothing in this story that warrants the use of a firearm.
    RichB70, atctimmy, tundra and 1 others like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Owner of what?

If not all wet, likely the reverse... angry and stupid... Handgun against his shotty... hmmmm who's gonna win that one?
    Whoever lands the first shot en pointe.

OD*
    Mouse guns scare me.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Hopefully this was posted as a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Get her an AR or AK with some 30 rd mags......
    Please don't do this! You going to retrieve your dog on someone else's property with an AR or AK slung is one of the fastest ways to get someone to pull the trigger on their shotty..... And it won't be pointed at the dog!
    OD* likes this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

My wife would have sent the neighbor an express invitation to a dirt nap if he pointed a gun at her in a menacing fashion.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    My wife would have sent the neighbor an express invitation to a dirt nap if he pointed a gun at her in a menacing fashion.
    I somewhat doubt that. Trying to outdraw someone with a shotgun already pointed at you is rather difficult.

It's best to let cooler heads prevail in circumstances like these.
    atctimmy likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Sheesh, some of you guys need to chill out here. Based on the context the OP gave, this guy is frequently drunk and bullies the neighbors and their dog even when the dog is fenced. It sounds like this guy gets his jollies from acting like a tool. I would have some choice words with him for pointing a gun at my wife (she being in the line of fire) over something so trite when it was obvious that he was not in danger.

I think some here need to meditate a little on the virtues of common sense and reasonable responses.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    I somewhat doubt that. Trying to outdraw someone with a shotgun already pointed at you is rather difficult.

It's best to let cooler heads prevail in circumstances like these.
    She would have still sent the invitation.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Para, how old is this person?
    30s I believe.

So I have been off the net for a couple days. Let me clarify a couple points.

1. Neighbor's occasional visitor, who I'll call "Jerk," per his own admission saw my dog on his back porch about the same time Wife realized she had escaped enclosure (a section of fence was found broken on opposite side of yard).

2. Wife exited side gate to retrieve dog which is now in my front yard. Jerk in shadows tells Wife that dog is out in a calm voice. She replies that she knows and is out there to get her back inside.

3. As wife is bringing dog back to fence, Jerk pops out from behind cover (my shed) ON MY PROPERTY by a good 15 feet, pointing shotgun at dog (and wife) and threatens to shoot.

4. Many loud vulgar comments ensue about shooting dog because she is "vicious" and a threat to the neighbor (homeowner). Due to the yelling, the dog takes a "stance" from about 15 feet away. Wife tells Jerk to call 911 if he has a problem, and pleads with Jerk to stop yelling at dog, which is causing more of a problem (I think he was trying to provoke it to attack), has to forcefully pull dog into gate and then to door where older Son (12) takes dog and shuts door. All the while Jerk is shaking shotgun and loudly cursing and threatening to shoot dog even though dog is under control and restrained. Wife was telling jerk she is recovering from surgery and amputation and is doing the best she can. Jerk says "I don't care, I'm still going to shoot that !@#$ $%^& dog!" Wife, at door and out of frustration and fear, says, "I feel threatened by you, I am calling 911, and I have a gun too!" Jerk turns and goes back inside.

5. Dog has NEVER shown any "vicious" behavior. She barks. She has never approached neighbors before. I can certainly understand that a large dog barking at you while standing at the fence can be disconcerting. I myself have been bitten by a dog when I reached across a fence to pet it. Not one of the neighbors have ever expressed any concern of the dog being vicious. It would be a simple thing to let them come over and see she is a cupcake. Labradanes are not known to attack, rather they are lazy bums.

6. You don't make friends with a dog by taunting it. My 5 year old sometimes goes on the porch when the dogs go "potty." He told us that Jerk once threw water on the dog but we didn't see it ourselves. I and my other son have witnessed Jerk growling and screaming at the dog.

This is Bentley:

B1.jpgB2.jpgB3.jpgB4.jpg
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Sheesh, some of you guys need to chill out here. Based on the context the OP gave, this guy is frequently drunk and bullies the neighbors and their dog even when the dog is fenced. It sounds like this guy gets his jollies from acting like a tool. I would have some choice words with him for pointing a gun at my wife (she being in the line of fire) over something so trite when it was obvious that he was not in danger.

I think some here need to meditate a little on the virtues of common sense and reasonable responses.
    This. He shows up a few days out of the month to drink with the homeowner and his son, usually on weekends. Based on his behavior, he's not much smarter than my dogs. Oh by the way I have 3 all together. The "evil" one, a smaller brown mix that doesn't bark much, and a black puppy mix that looks like a "Labra-hound" but is colored exactly like Bentley, that I found lost on a lonely stretch of back road a couple months ago. Imagine a white spotted black Lab with a Dachshund/Bloodhound face/ears and sad, sad eyes.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I'm stuck at work and my neighbor just threatened to shoot my dog and my wife while pointing a shotgun at them. All because the Labradane escaped the fence. He CAME OUT OF HIS HOUSE WHERE HE WAS SAFE to perform this stunt. Deputies en route... Tomorrow should be interesting.
    Based on just your post, I'd say that your neighbor will be heading to jail.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Wow, a lot different story. Not criticizing as things have probably calmed down. Think he needs to take a ride. Wife shouldn't have told him she has a gun, but done good getting things calmed down.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Enough already. What did the cops have to say about the event? Surely they talked with your wife.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

OP, you've got a problem. Hope it works out for you.

Everybody else--- were you there?

Gee Para that does look like one vicious dog. I can imagine her licking you to death in a couple of weeks or so Based on your updated account I would agree this Jerk does need a Grey Bar Vacation. On your property with a Shotty and threatening your dog and wife?? and yet the Cops didn't take him away?? Do you know these cops? I am guessing you work in the county or a nearby one. Sort of strange they didn't bring him in to explain how people with manners and an IQ are expected to act.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Links