SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

This is a discussion on SCENARIO: What gun do you choose? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The gun in my Avatar. The gun I EDC. I don't carry a mouse gun in my pocket....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

What gun do you choose?

The gun in my Avatar. The gun I EDC.

I don't carry a mouse gun in my pocket.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I would agree. I can draw mine pretty quick from my pocket as opposed to 330/4 o'clock lift the shirt up and all.. Usually once you start shooting at them they start running.
    This situation I would not bet on that. If your mindset is that it will scare them you my very well end up dead.
    tricolordad and Secret Spuk like this.

My EDC is a Glock 19 so that would be my choice. 16 rounds in the gun plus the spare mag(s) I carry. I use 19 round magazines as my spares and always carry at least 1 but sometimes 2 depending on where I'm going.

Occasionally I carry a Glock 26 but that is as small of a pistol as I feel comfortable carrying. 11 rounds in the gun plus a 15 round reload. Not as many rounds but still a pretty decent number. I don't feel under gunned when carrying the 26 like a do with small pocket .380's.

Scenarios involving multiple attackers are why I personally don't consider a 6/7 round .380 to be sufficient for a primary carry piece. They are great BUG's though.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    You made your choice of what you would use when you loaded up that morning not once you face the threat. That's a choice most make each morning as they carry many different makes and models. Myself I made my choice a long time ago, XD 9, if I make a choice in the morning it's what other one I carry. Mostly my J-frame in off side front pocket, but it could be a LCP. So I guess I do have a choice to make at the start of the fight. But I don't see it as something to worry about, just get it done if you are going to do it at all.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Come on Bubba, thats what the internet says.....
    .... and there it is.

Other than an inquiry as to what I carry on a given day, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the question.

Or did I know they were coming that day and therefore picked what I consider my hand fired nuclear weapon, the better to whack and stack?

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    You're at the drug store getting a prescription filled when three armed guys storm the pharmacy counter looking for drugs. They are also taking wallets and purses from patrons. Your concealed handgun will be discovered, you are forced to engage the three armed baddies NOW. What is your gun of choice and why???
    It's a little late at this point to be choosing a gun don't you think? How's that .32 in your pocket feeling now?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Glock G26 with Crimson Trace laser in my pocket if there wasn't a way around a gunfight.Realistically I'd probably through my wallet on the ground towards them,that way they wouldn't discover my gun.

Pocket rocket GO!!! Id pull the P22 thats always in my pocket and fire in bursts of two until i downed the perps or my rear bumped the handle of the emergency exit and then im gone. Say what you want about it, i treat my little pocket rocket right, load her with the best performing ammo, keep her spotless and shiny and train daily with the load i carry. Not that i should have to make a pre-emptive strike about my choice of BUG and sometimes primary carry, but...

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Pocket rocket GO!!! Id pull the P22 thats always in my pocket and fire in bursts of two until i downed the perps or my rear bumped the handle of the emergency exit and then im gone. Say what you want about it, i treat my little pocket rocket right, load her with the best performing ammo, keep her spotless and shiny and train daily with the load i carry. Not that i should have to make a pre-emptive strike about my choice of BUG and sometimes primary carry, but...
    You train daily with carry ammo? More money than I have. I train almost everyday but with handloads or cheap walmart deals.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You train daily with carry ammo? More money than I have. I train almost everyday but with handloads or cheap walmart deals.
    So-called "carry ammo" can't be that expensive for a P22

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Yeah but lately since the unemployment comp ran out its been down to 20 rounds in the p22 and 7 with the STI except for rainy days.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Yeah but lately since the unemployment comp ran out its been down to 20 rounds in the p22 and 7 with the STI except for rainy days.
    not to change subjects here....why do you spend the money on carry ammo for range time? You already know what carry ammo your gun likes so don't worry about it and go cheap on ttraining ammo...my 2 cents

I've started adjusting my carry system based on who I'm with, not so much where I'm going.

By myself I would have a greater chance of getting out of there, but whenever I'm with my kids I've been carrying an extra mag in a belt pouch (10 in the CZ rami, 16 in the spare mag)...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    So-called "carry ammo" can't be that expensive for a P22
    $6.57 for a box of 50 is a lot when youre unemployed. But i can hit the target without the aid of a red dot, which you obviously cannot because your every day carry gun is sporting one. Learn to use the sights.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links