SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

This is a discussion on SCENARIO: What gun do you choose? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ScottM So-called "carry ammo" can't be that expensive for a P22 duh!!! LOL. I completely passed over that part, figured it was ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    So-called "carry ammo" can't be that expensive for a P22
    duh!!! LOL. I completely passed over that part, figured it was a typo!!! Whatever, I would be shooting a brick a day if my carry ammo was s cheap as .22 LR

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    not to change subjects here....why do you spend the money on carry ammo for range time? You already know what carry ammo your gun likes so don't worry about it and go cheap on ttraining ammo...my 2 cents
    Because in the army my rifle and ammo was supplied by the cheapest bidder and it almost cost me my life.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    duh!!! LOL. I completely passed over that part, figured it was a typo!!! Whatever, I would be shooting a brick a day if my carry ammo was s cheap as .22 LR
    Hahahahaha are we fighting a caliber war?

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Other than an inquiry as to what I carry on a given day, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the question.

Or did I know they were coming that day and therefore picked what I consider my hand fired nuclear weapon, the better to whack and stack?
    Believe it or not, I have friends who pick their carry gun solely on how comfortable it is to carry. They carry thinking that there is a slim to none chance of ever needing it. Kinda like the small dough-nut spare tire most have in their car. Handy to carry I would pick a different tire if I was sure I would need one.

A question like this might make them rethink what they carry. Do I carry the ultra small light weight easy to carry weapon. Or, do I carry something possibly a bit more uncomfortable to carry but a better choice in a fight.

Michael
    bmcgilvray likes this.

The need to survive is the first order of business; duck and cover if possible. wait for the appropriate time if you are having an off day to take a chance and start shooting TO DEFEND yourself. Call 911 and notify them and assess the situation. But three against one, best case is get one (two if you are an old man is a internet poker room) and worse is be-gotten and a whole lot of shooting by all (if they have a working gun). Remember NO one feels your pain like you do!

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    $6.57 for a box of 50 is a lot when youre unemployed. But i can hit the target without the aid of a red dot, which you obviously cannot because your every day carry gun is sporting one. Learn to use the sights.
    Unless you know something I don't a red dot sight "IS A SIGHT." And they must be better than iron sight as the Army has gone to them, which I take you are a part of or were.

As to hitting the target lets put that target at 100 yds, can you hit it with your P22 I'm betting Scott can.

But let all carry what they want and find to be right for them, be it .22 or .50, handgun, rifle or shotgun go for it and be safe.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Unless you know something I don't a red dot sight "IS A SIGHT." And they must be better than iron sight as the Army has gone to them, which I take you are a part of or were.

As to hitting the target lets put that target at 100 yds, can you hit it with your P22 I'm betting Scott can.

But let all carry what they want and find to be right for them, be it .22 or .50, handgun, rifle or shotgun go for it and be safe.
    If its 100 yards away, its no longer a threat. My rifle had no optic sights, just the A2 sights. And if i had to engage somebody at 100 yards with a handgun, id use my STI Eagle but usually for things id like to shoot at those kinds of distances, i use a rifle.

I would draw my five-seven and hose down the closest mutt, the move on to the second and do him in... then transition to my M1A and shoot through what ever the last one has taken cover behind. How to explain all the innocent bystanders with 5.7, and .308 holes in them?... Thats collateral damage. It happens. I was in fear for my life... so I was justified.

Seriously... This IMO is a great scenario to consider. Things like this do happen. In a case as this I think a persons tactics would have a greater effect on survival, than the choice of rirearm. However I think the choice of firearm would dictate the tactics.

I will be down low trying to get to the back room of the store and dialing 911.
    I don't want to engage anyone at this point, I am going to try and disappear.
    If forced to defend my own life, my Glock-36 is always with me.
    Time is on my side as these dirtbags want to spend as little time in the store as possible.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

$6.57 for a box of 50 is a lot when youre unemployed. But i can hit the target without the aid of a red dot, which you obviously cannot because your every day carry gun is sporting one. Learn to use the sights.
    Been shooting irons since I was 5 in 1967. And my pistols still have irons on them.

FWIW, I could hit at 100 before I put the RDS on the guns.

But I'm not afraid of using technology, either. So, I have a 9mm that I carry daily and can be used from contact distance to 100yds.

I make no apologies for what I carry.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Been shooting irons since I was 5 in 1967. And my pistols still have irons on them.

FWIW, I could hit at 100 before I put the RDS on the guns.

But I'm not afraid of using technology, either. So, I have a 9mm that I carry daily and can be used from contact distance to 100yds.

I make no apologies for what I carry.
    I also make no apologies for what i carry, although some think i owe them one. Its not very nice when somebody swings the attitude back atcha is it?

I also make no apologies for what i carry, although some think i owe them one. Its not very nice when somebody swings the attitude back atcha is it?
    To be honest, I really don't care.

That should be obvious by now.
    suntzu and Brad426 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Let's think this scenario over a bit. 3 BGs. Multiple customers. Didn't say where you were in relation to the BGs, or the other customers. I may infer you were pretty close to observe what was happening. No shots fired be BGs. All 3 armed. My first thought was to hand them my wallet and hope they don't find my gun(s). If they are concealed should not be a problem. If I start a gunfight, I will endanger the rest of the customers and store employees from my rounds and the BGs rounds as well. Remember the NYPD incident a few days ago? Can't wait until the BGs shoot someone to act, but chances are the BGs just want to get in and get out quickly. With the loot. Three against one works in the movies, not often in real life. Think about it. If I am forced to fire because the shooting has already began, then what happens next just happens. Hopefully I could find cover first and engage them. I don't want to sound like a sheep, just looking at a different side of this. Also, the choice of my weapon was made before I got there. Hope I had the SR9c and not the S&W airweight that day.
    grouse likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    You're at the drug store getting a prescription filled when three armed guys storm the pharmacy counter looking for drugs. They are also taking wallets and purses from patrons. Your concealed handgun will be discovered, you are forced to engage the three armed baddies NOW. What is your gun of choice and why???
    The one in my holster, because it is what I have with me. Since I don't have it in my wallet or my purse, the likelihood of it being discovered is pretty low, unless they make us undress.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    You're at the drug store getting a prescription filled when three armed guys storm the pharmacy counter looking for drugs. They are also taking wallets and purses from patrons. Your concealed handgun will be discovered, you are forced to engage the three armed baddies NOW. What is your gun of choice and why???

How can you choose what you'd be carrying when an event happens???

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links