SCENARIO: What gun do you choose? - Page 4

SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

This is a discussion on SCENARIO: What gun do you choose? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What I am carrying at the time. However I see this going down I am already moving long before they get to me. Unless I ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

What I am carrying at the time. However I see this going down I am already moving long before they get to me. Unless I am the first they grab.
    And yes I would have the SA to do so.
    By the way you can not shoot just because they are stealing around here, you have to help them load up their take.
    tricolordad likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I draw 2 Glock 17s and I start dual wielding them like in a John Woo film. It would be a hail of gunfire, a pile of brass and the bodies of the dead bad guys, with me clearing the area in a cloud of gun smoke.

In actuality it would probably be my Glock 19 as that would most likely be on my person.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwponline View Post
    I've started adjusting my carry system based on who I'm with, not so much where I'm going.

By myself I would have a greater chance of getting out of there, but whenever I'm with my kids I've been carrying an extra mag in a belt pouch (10 in the CZ rami, 16 in the spare mag)...
    How does who you're with impact your carry? Does it depend on if they carry and what they carry?

Lately it'd be my 1911, but I'd hope this was one of the rare occasions that I decided to pack along the G21.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I think this is a very good question to be asked, because what you do carry is what you choose to fight with. The time to ask is the right choice is now before the fight starts.

spidey, I'm going to pick you last post because it's here so don't take this personal, because there are many here who do this. Carry what they do because it's cool or it's comfortable.

Lately it'd be my 1911, but I'd hope this was one of the rare occasions that I decided to pack along the G21.
    So if you wish you are packing the G21, why carry the 1911 at all? If I was to carry what I really want to carry, I'd carry nothing, it would be alot more comfortable to go with out the weight and pressure of a gun on you. But I do carry because I just may need it, so I carry what I would want in the fight. Not just my pocket gun but something I can and like to fight with.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I would either have my walther pps 9mm or g23 on me and a spare mag. I would hope its the g23 that day, just because I would rather have 27 rounds instead of 16. But I could do ok with either.

All I have is my Glock 23. I carry with one 13 round mag plus one in the chamber and a second 13 round mag.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    How can you choose what you'd be carrying when an event happens???
    The same gun I always carry. Glock.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

I pretty much always carry my LC9, and my lcp every day. check my avatar...Thats what I'll have with, and I'll try to do everything I can to get out of there and call the cops first.
    Ionracas likes this.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

mkh
    If this happened to me I would just whip out my IPhone, go to a gun forum and ask what I should do. Lots of commandos on forums and they would be able to tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by framedcraig1 View Post
    I pretty much always carry my LC9, and my lcp every day. check my avatar...Thats what I'll have with, and I'll try to do everything I can to get out of there and call the cops first.
    +1

Multiple gunmen in an occupied business, engaging might be a bad idea. In a store with shelves concealing everything, that wont help and depending on the items on the shelf and that they are usualy aluminum, Id worry about over pennetration and missed shots.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

If it happened today, I'd probably be carrying my LCR. And I'd be damning myself for wearing it in a belly band and not right in my purse where I could say I was grabbing my wallet.

But if I prepared myself for every scenario, I'd have one around my waist in the front, back, ankle, and purse. Would that be too nutty?
    Ionracas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    You're at the drug store getting a prescription filled when three armed guys storm the pharmacy counter looking for drugs. They are also taking wallets and purses from patrons. Your concealed handgun will be discovered, you are forced to engage the three armed baddies NOW. What is your gun of choice and why???
    You raise a valid, plausable and even very possible scenerio. In fact, my fear of this happening to me is the primary reason I started carrying a pistol. I live in Texas and have since 1975. Some of the older folks on this site may remember the Luby's Cafeteria situation where an armed bad guy drove his truck in the front door trapping all the diners inside. Then proceeded to shoot innocent families as they had their midday meal. Many died that day. Since then, we all know about the terrible attocities carried out by bg.....I don't think I need to list them. I carry all my waking hours, everywhere I can legally carry. To the gym when I work out, to the bank in my car, out to dinner, when I go camping, in my lazy boy, to church, when I cut my grass, etc......... I don't plan to end up a dead gold fish in a gold fish bowl. Nomally, I carry one pistol (either a Glock 30 or a Sig P220), with at least 1 spare mag....sometimes 2. Not saying I won't be a victim someday, but at least I want to have a fighting chance.
    t

VIP Member
    Wow glad the thread got back on track, it was beginning to look like another "My pee pee is bigger than your red dot" thread.

You are pretty much stuck with what you have unless you have a crystal ball and can see what you will get into that day and arm yourself accordingly. Whether or not you engage the bad guys is strictly an individual choice but should you decide to you better be ready for what comes back at you. This is another one of those times that you don't want to figure out in the middle of the fight that you don't have enough gun, bullets or skill to handle the situation.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

OK, maybe I should have just asked, "Suppose you are forced to engage three armed men. What semiautomatic handgun would you choose?"

The reason I asked the question is I have seen plenty of videos just like this on the Internet (OK, usually just two bad guys).

I have questioned my carry choice because I concealed carry anything from a .380 Ruger LCP all the way to a 10mm with full power loads.

Engage 3 BGs with my LCP: certain suicide. With the G26, too few bullets. With my G20 (10mm, full power Buffalo Bore loads), follow up shots very slow. With my M&P .40 (full size), good...BUT for speed and accuracy I think I'd want the G19 (with +P's) with me that day. So I'm thinking maybe I should only carry a G19 and forget about the others??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links