SCENARIO: What gun do you choose? - Page 6

SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

This is a discussion on SCENARIO: What gun do you choose? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rammerjammer The LCR in my pocket. You don't have a choice in this situation, just whatever you decided to carry for the ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The LCR in my pocket.

You don't have a choice in this situation, just whatever you decided to carry for the day.

It's really not a good scenario because if I could just choose any gun I'd go for my 870, but I can't lug that thing around with me.

+ 110%

Its what ever I have in pocket that day

Trust me its bout to get ugly real quick

Everyone who answered, "the gun I'd use is the one I have on me." OK, I get it...In a pinch ya use what ya brung! But what if you could have ANY semiauto handgun on you that day (even one you don't own) what would it be? :)

Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    Everyone who answered, "the gun I'd use is the one I have on me." OK, I get it...In a pinch ya use what ya brung! But what if you could have ANY semiauto handgun on you that day (even one you don't own) what would it be? :)
    Freddie, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm afraid you probably won't get many replies that will satisfy you. Here's why:

You gave a specific scenario and asked how we would prepare for this scenario as far as the type of firearm we would choose to carry. The problem is that it could be a completely different scenario unfolding, which may change our choice of firearm, or even a different situation from the first two. And so on. The point is that we have no way of knowing what will happen on any given day, and we cannot possibly prepare for all possible contingencies. So, the best we can do is be completely familiar and proficient with whatever we carry, try to always have spare ammunition available for quick reloads, should it become necessary, and have the mindset that will give us the clear head we would need to get out of any such situation alive. Proficiency and mindset will trump firearm choice every time.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it represents the reality that we must all live by.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    You're at the drug store getting a prescription filled when three armed guys storm the pharmacy counter looking for drugs. They are also taking wallets and purses from patrons. Your concealed handgun will be discovered, you are forced to engage the three armed baddies NOW. What is your gun of choice and why???
    I take this situation as out of what I own. ummm I guess my p-85 because it has the largest mag. However it seems they are nonviolent and just taking peoples money and over the counter drugs. I would not engage and put whoever else is there at risk. They can go ahead and take my p-85.

If they were already shooting at people that is a different story. but what is given from the OP, I'm not exactly cool hand Luke and those three "baddies" are likely placed in unfavorable locations that would allow at least one to fire a few times and injure anyone there so again I would not unless they shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    They can go ahead and take my p-85.
    Wait...what?

You would willingly let some criminal take your gun?

Ok, I'll play...

My Glock 19 with a G17 mag as a spare. Why? In short because it is the pistol/caliber that I have invested the most time in, running it hard through many training classes. I can accurately put more rounds on target faster with the G19 than any of the other pistols currently at my disposal. I have confidence in it and my abilities with it.

VIP Member
    The answer to this is simple....whatever I'm carrying at the time.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Wait...what?

You would willingly let some criminal take your gun?
    yes the picture I painted from the info given was you got one guy behind the counter grabbing pills, 1 guy collecting wallets ect (likely with his own weapon drawn) and 1 covering him. Does not seem the ideal situation to go dirty hairy when I have x number of bystandards. Too risky to start a gun fight imo, different story however if they start one. Also p-85 was like $350 so easy replace, I could use a new one :)

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Also p-85 was like $350 so easy replace, I could use a new one :)
    Easy to replace, but you have also further empowered a criminal.

Hopefully he won't use your gun on a friend or relative of yours...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Easy to replace, but you have also further empowered a criminal.

Hopefully he won't use your gun on a friend or relative of yours...
    +1. If I'm in a situation where drawing and firing will do more harm than good then I will simply keep it concealed. I will never willingly give up my weapon. Has nothing to do with the monetary value of it, but everything to do with what the BG may do with it.

Oh I think there is some misunderstanding here. I am not simply saying here it is, I had the idea I was being checked for valuables. I wouldn't just say wait guys I think you might like this as well as my wallet. if they don't realize I have it then I'm keeping it of course but like I said I won't be starting a gun fight in this situation.

s&w 340pd because that is that i pocket carry. if they are just robing pharmacy for drugs i would not engage. pharmacy have insurance for that kind of stuff i am not getting killed to protect corporate profit.

1) Toss them my cash, if I have any or

2) Pull the SIG 2022 .40 and hope for good shot placement...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links