SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

This is a discussion on SCENARIO: What gun do you choose? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You're at the drug store getting a prescription filled when three armed guys storm the pharmacy counter looking for drugs. They are also taking wallets ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: SCENARIO: What gun do you choose?

You're at the drug store getting a prescription filled when three armed guys storm the pharmacy counter looking for drugs. They are also taking wallets and purses from patrons. Your concealed handgun will be discovered, you are forced to engage the three armed baddies NOW. What is your gun of choice and why???
    Last edited by FastFreddie; September 3rd, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

The LCR in my pocket.

You don't have a choice in this situation, just whatever you decided to carry for the day.

It's really not a good scenario because if I could just choose any gun I'd go for my 870, but I can't lug that thing around with me.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

No rifles, shotguns or submachine guns. If you could have any semiauto handgun for this scenario, what would it be?

My EDC is going to be enough if and when I engage. S&W 457 with 3 extra mags. IMO this is not the time to wish you had more gun on you.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Lately it would be my glock 19...it's been going everywhere I go. Always have a spare magazine and typically have my j frame in my pocket as well.

sent via iCarry

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The LCR in my pocket.

You don't have a choice in this situation, just whatever you decided to carry for the day.

It's really not a good scenario because if I could just choose any gun I'd go for my 870, but I can't lug that thing around with me.
    I would agree. I can draw mine pretty quick from my pocket as opposed to 330/4 o'clock lift the shirt up and all.. Usually once you start shooting at them they start running.

Introduce them to my 357 magnum, dealer of death. This would happen as soon as I realized they were searching patrons. Since there are three of them I would move to shoot from cover if possible.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Under this scenario I hope I'm carrying my M&P 9C with a spare mag but it could just as easily be my M&P 9 Shield.

This is a legit question. A similar question took me from P7s to Glocks.

Answer: my G22.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I would agree. I can draw mine pretty quick from my pocket as opposed to 330/4 o'clock lift the shirt up and all.. Usually once you start shooting at them they start running.
    Usually? Is this coming from vast experience?

As rammedjammer said, what I ha e on me. Which in these hot months will be my sw 442. This is also why I generally use the drive through rx window as well. Just like the atm.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

.. Three men storm the store and are taking wallets. First off we can assume that they are going after the hard stuff first. Two they can't control the whole place because of the way they entered and three if you see them coming and you have any form of training you would have took a tactical position and engaged the target(s). it takes time to pull a takeover and anyone with any real experience won't do a pharmacy. That is the crack heads looking for easy money

I just have to ask this? Why are you forced to engage the BG's? Not saying not to if you think your life is in danger. Just looking at it realistically, I am picturing an Osco, or Walgreens or other pharmacy because there are very few small ones left. Chances are the BG's are not going to kill you.

Just thought I would throw that in.

But I would use my EDC (P228). I shoot it the best.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

You are NOT forced to fire upon them. There is another option...they may take your wallet and be happy to find your gun also. It does not mean they would kill you.

Three against one is not good odds in an open gun fight. Drawing on them may be a certain demise.

If they were shooting patrons then you have nothing to lose but to fire upon them. It's either get shot or possibly get shot.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Usually? Is this coming from vast experience?
    Come on Bubba, thats what the internet says.....
    Secret Spuk and Bad Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links