The wrong car!

This is a discussion on The wrong car! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In high school, I had a '64 GTO. My buddy has '66 396 SS Chevelle. His key would unlock my doors but wouldn't turn the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The wrong car!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    In high school, I had a '64 GTO. My buddy has '66 396 SS Chevelle. His key would unlock my doors but wouldn't turn the ignition. My key worked in everything on his car. Guess who had the most fun hiding the other's car? There were a few other GMs that we could unlock, but nothing worth messing with. It's not as uncommon for keys to fit other cars as one might think.

And for the record, his Chevelle never beat my Goat at the local Shuffletown drag strip!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

I'm laughing at myself right now. A couple months ago I walked up to my car but the damn key fob thingy wouldn't open the door. I about squeezed it in two before I saw the lights flash on a similar car a couple cars down. Now I actually looked at the car but no longer thought it was mine. I just muttered something about a stupid old man as I slithered down to my car. I was a bit pained as I recalled my teen age years when I hoped I'd never get like that old guy and now I AM that old guy. If you aren't the old guy yet just keep in mind when you see me that someday it will be you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links