Engaging multiple targets - Page 3

Engaging multiple targets

This is a discussion on Engaging multiple targets within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tricolordad Do we get swords? Nope. Shuriken's ( sp?)...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Engaging multiple targets

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Do we get swords?
    Nope.
    Shuriken's ( sp?)

I can only see it working out if you hand some out to everybody. Assuming that youre moving and theyre not in a line shooting at you, maybe moving to a position where one would be in anothers line of fire would take care of the closest..

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Nope.
    Shuriken's ( sp?)
    I would prefer a hedge clipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Wasn't that "The Outlaw Josey Wales"?
    I think you are right... After a while they all blend together in my mind.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Would depend on the situation. Closest person will get the first shot. If I would have to expose my back to the first person to engage the others, I'd give BG 1 a second dose first.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

One thing to consider in this scenario is disparity of force. If you go along with the "everybody gets some" approach, you need to reevaluate after every shot. Once you've shot one or two BG's, disparity of force may not apply any more. Personally, I say take out the guy that scares me the most and go from there.
    pir8fan and Badey like this.

Tap them all center mass and come back again while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    One thing to consider in this scenario is disparity of force. If you go along with the "everybody gets some" approach, you need to reevaluate after every shot. Once you've shot one or two BG's, disparity of force may not apply any more. Personally, I say take out the guy that scares me the most and go from there.
    Though I'm sure if it's ever brought to court, you can find more than enough expert witnesses (including Ayoob) who say's do all 3 and go back to evaluate. I don't believe disparity of force ends the second you pull the trigger on one of them as you still haven't assessed the threat.

If I had to, I would and I'd pray my training and gun don't fail me.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    If I had to, I would and I'd pray my training and gun don't fail me.
    I would be hoping and praying that I left a extra set draws in my vehicle.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

I'd have to do the Jason Bourne thing in "Bourne Ultimatium" at the London train station where he takes out 3 guys in the little staircase, all while unarmed, Except for when he waps one guy in the head with his own weapon just before dismantling it.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Tacman,

As always it is dictated by the situation. Since my EDC is Glock there is no shortage of love to spread around. All armed with handguns so each is potentially an equal threat. As I move from the X can I stack them? Is there cover? I would attempt to stack them and engage them by one or two and cause chaos with their assault. Closest first, each gets some love all things being equal as I move laterally opposite their gun hand (its harder and slower to track to the outside). I carry a 357 Sig so it is enough gun that a solid hit will conceivably slow them down.

It is a lot easier to prove disparity of force if all of have holes in them.

VIP Member
    Has anyone else other than Scott ever done a force on force drill with multiple well-armed attackers? I would love to hear how it went, and I'm betting the tough part wasn't deciding whether to go with Mozambique or El Presidente.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Has anyone else other than Scott ever done a force on force drill with multiple well-armed attackers? I would love to hear how it went, and I'm betting the tough part wasn't deciding whether to go with Mozambique or El Presidente.
    The tough part is not getting hit in time to hit them.

There's usually one guy that seems to be the most aggressive (the leader, usually). The idea is to take him out first. Human psychology being what it is, the followers will almost always lose some or all of their enthusiasm. If nothing else, it will buy you a moment or two of indecision/hesitation on their part. That might just be the edge you need.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links