I think I got it right but not sure...

This is a discussion on I think I got it right but not sure... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As others have said - only to protect LIFE or LIMB; either yours or someone else's. Material possessions aren't worth the hassle. Additionally - know ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think I got it right but not sure...

As others have said - only to protect LIFE or LIMB; either yours or someone else's. Material possessions aren't worth the hassle.

Additionally - know your State's use-of-force statutes. They clearly define when you are justified in using deadly force and when you are not justified.

Leaving property out of the equation (since most of us here are in agreement that property isn't worth it); in most States if you are not in fear of immediate death or great bodily injury either to yourself or another person, you are not justified in bringing deadly force to bear.

2. Remove Ads

Since I do not have my CCW yet, I will stick with the Freeze+P.
    Lady Valerian

I have 2 guns - one for each of ya'. Tombstone

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    you ARE NOT a cop. No weapon? No threat? Let him take the cash and go. Just be a GOOD witness. Forget the gun and just keep it handy.
    Unless you SEE him pull a weapon, keep your mouth closed and your eyes open.

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread here, but seeking opinion, upon further reflection.

You warn BG and tell him in a not nice way that he's not taking your wallet, yet he insists on coming toward you intent to take it. You are within your rights to defend yourself, and if I was unarmed and he is too, I'm wanting to WHA at this point because I' m POed now.

The problem is, if you engage H2H, you could risk loosing weapon retention. So is it better to just give him the wallet (which I would have an awful hard time doing) and not risk elevating a non-Deadly Force situation to a Deadly Force by loosing weapon retention.

I think this potential situation has just convined me to carry pepper spray w/ my weapon so that I can disable the BG with little risk of loosing my weapon in a fight.

What do you think????
    Nah on the pepper spray. If he moved toward me, I would draw on him and command him to the floor. If he continued to come, I would open up. Of course, if it were a midget, I might not, but I think an attempted robbery and mugging and failure to heed a warning while holding a firearm is enough for me to convince people that he was an immenient threat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links