Fixed Blade Karambit Help

This is a discussion on Fixed Blade Karambit Help within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I am a college student in good ol' Southwest Missouri. I carry 2 folding knives on me at all times and I was wanting ...

Thread: Fixed Blade Karambit Help

Fixed Blade Karambit Help

So I am a college student in good ol' Southwest Missouri. I carry 2 folding knives on me at all times and I was wanting to trade one of them for a fixed Karambit (United Cutlery Honshu Karambit), just a taste thing. After one of my friends was saying that there were some issues with fixed knife laws in this state, I decided to do some research and I cannot come up with a definitive answer. So I thought what better place to ask then a defense carry forum.

SO, please help me out here. I have had some training in a different state on how to use my knives defensively, and there were no issues with what I have been carrying, as far as I know, but with this switch I am unsure. I am wanting to carry the Karambit concealed under my shirt, and I just need to know if it is legal for me to possess it in public. A17-UC2786(2).jpg
    Thanks for the help

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hope this helps. Scroll down to MO section, you'll see MO knife laws vary from city to city.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Hope this helps. Scroll down to MO section, you'll see MO knife laws vary from city to city.
    this may just be that I don't know where to look, but scroll down from what? You didn't post a link

VIP Member
    Sorry about that. It's been a long week. Here's the link I meant to attach.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thank you, while I am not saying that the information you gave me isn't useful, it doesn't specifically say anything about fixed blade knives. I have done some research on it and I have yet to find anything definitive about what the law actually states in this aspect. It says that folding knives 4 inches are less are fine to carry concealed, but I am needing to know about a 4 inch blade fixed knife.

VIP Member
    If you use that link and follow it out, it will take you to specific codes. For example I clicked on Ballwin, and followed it out and came up with this:

Sec. 17-54. - Weapons generally.permanent link to this piece of content

(a)

It shall be unlawful for any person to wear under his clothes, or to conceal about his person, or to display in a threatening manner any dangerous or deadly weapon including, but not by way of limitations, any pistol; revolver; slingshot; blackjack; cross-knuckles or knuckles of lead, brass or other metal; or any bowie knife, dirk, dagger, razor or any knife resembling a bowie knife or having a blade in excess of 2 inches in length; or any other dangerous or deadly weapon.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

One caution regarding the Karambit. If you have not had training specific to this type of blade, get a rubber version and practice, practice, practice. The handling and movements to be effective and not cut yourself are night and day to a traditional blade.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Links