Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus - Page 3

Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus

This is a discussion on Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't ride public transportation and this is just one reason why....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I don't ride public transportation and this is just one reason why.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    bangers attacking bangers? I'm staying out of it.

Bangers going after going after kids or old folks minding their business? I'm probably in. (But, not necessarily with a firearm.)

-

Well here is Floridas point of veiw.. Citizens Arrest RightsCitizens Arrest Rights
    How to Make an Arrest on an OfficerHow to Make an Arrest on an Officer

Print this article

Jurisdiction

An officer arresting someone outside of the officer's normal jurisdiction is considered a "citizen's arrest." for example, if a Fort Lauderdale police officer, on vacation in Boca Raton, was to make an arrest, it is considered a "citizen's arrest" regardless of the fact that the person is actually a police officer. It makes no difference.
    Arrest

When someone has the reasonable suspicion that a felony has been committed, a citizen's arrest might be made. The arrest is no different than any other police arrest. All relevant laws apply. Excessive force cannot be used, for example. But the general concept is that any citizen has the right to stop another who has committed a felony.

Local Enforcement

Once the arrest is made, the citizen must call the police chief of the locality in which the arrest was made. That officer then arrives at the scene--or sends a deputy--that will then read the Miranda rights and go through the other niceties of the arresting process. The local jurisdiction is responsible for any irregularities in the arresting process of the citizen in the later trial. This is to say that, a civilian, making an arrest, is treated by the courts like a trained police officer and is responsible or the same code of conduct. The implication of the law here is that all citizen's, when making an arrest under the proper circumstances of reasonable suspicion, have both the rights and duties of a police officer.
    Trial

Both the arresting officer or civilian and the responding local officer then both must appear at the court trial of the defendant in the county within which the arrest was made. The judge, so it is implied, will then question the civilian on the nature of the arrest.

Sponsored Links

Read more: Florida Citizen's Arrest Laws | eHow.com Florida Citizen's Arrest Laws | eHow.com

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    A full metal jacket bullet might come out at right angles. None of the deer I shot had the exit wound anywhere but opposite the entry wound.

@Bill340
    Interesting but what does that have to do with the OP?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

When someone has the reasonable suspicion that a felony has been committed, a citizen's arrest might be made.
    this will not fly, you are not a cop and you can't arrest or even detain on reasonable suspicion; this is a good way to get arrested yourself and sued

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    A full metal jacket bullet might come out at right angles. None of the deer I shot had the exit wound anywhere but opposite the entry wound.
    Phillep, you sound like a reasonably intelligent person. Your experience of a few, or even a lot of, deer wounds is hardly a reasonable survey of bullet wounds. I assure you, bullet paths are often, by a large margin, very unstable. They often fly off at odd angles when they hit hard and soft tissue. Try a google search.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Sorry but it is true in florida, thats where this excerpt came from, and I thought it was in reference to another post about stopping a crime on a bus or a felony on a bus, If I am mistaken then I misunderstood the post, Cal, and a lot of states have this law or one similar, not all, But wrong I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill340 View Post
    Sorry but it is true in florida, thats where this excerpt came from, and I thought it was in reference to another post about stopping a crime on a bus or a felony on a bus, If I am mistaken then I misunderstood the post, Cal, and a lot of states have this law or one similar, not all, But wrong I am not.
    Your post was about arresting someone. The OP is about shooting someone
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I thought it was about what could or should be done in that case, Not my first time being wrong!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Your post was about arresting someone. The OP is about shooting someone
    Or finding an alternative course of action, or doing nothing.

I was visualizing a half dozen or so hostiles, in tight quarters, with at least one knife in play. I'm also crippled up, aside from zero H2H skills. Getting the attention of a bunch of hostiles in a way that left the attention getter alive, well, I'll leave that to the Zooper Kop crowd.

Now, mind, I really rather just toss a seal bomb under their feet. (Reeeeealy LOUD firecracker). I don't mind so much that they'd probably leave head size dents in the roof of the bus, but it'd for sure result in many heart attacks among bystanders.

If my life is not in danger let natural selection take place. Here in Louisville it is illegal to carry guns on TARC

I wouldnt draw unless there was an obvious innocent victim of lethal force. For sure trying to verbally diffuse the tension before a fight breaks is worth trying.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    I would do nothing as I dont ride the bus, thats the advantage of working and paying good money for a safe car. Besides, if your SA tells you that something is about to happen, get off at the next stop. Bus fares are cheap, lawyers aren't.

Everybody hang on I have to switch out ammo to my Glaser Safety Slugs....
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links