Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus

This is a discussion on Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got to thinking about this while riding a bus in another town. Suppose the you are on a city bus some time when it's crowded. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar

Teen gang attack inside crowded city bus

Got to thinking about this while riding a bus in another town.

Suppose the you are on a city bus some time when it's crowded. You are sitting toward the back. A bunch of delinquent teen girls spot an enemy on the bus a couple of seats ahead oh you and close in. They are starting to get violent, clearly they are going to escalate to bodily harm, and do so, but the driver has not done anything to indicate he is aware or doing something about it. A knife comes out.

You are carrying concealed. Carrying may or may not be illegal on the bus but you have not checked (good luck tracking all such laws/regs/rules). There is no one between you and the closest of the gang, and any pass throughs would just hit another of the gang, and the angle is upward through the roof anyhow (velocity loss might make the bullet essentially harmless, if it hit someone outside the bus. More likely it would hit a car roof.)

Intervene? When and how?

2. Remove Ads

If your life is not in danger, just take it all in and be a good witness. As callous as this may sound, it's not your job to save every gangbanger you come across. Getting involved in this mess will more than likely just create an even bigger mess.

just because you have a gun doesn't make you a cop, pepper spray in closed quarters will make a nice show stopper
    beararms and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    just because you have a gun doesn't make you a cop, pepper spray in closed quarters will make a nice show stopper
    Yeah, I thought of that too, but in a crowded bus (as the OP described) the chemical would more than likely affect other people, as well as the intended target. If one of the nearby passengers has asthma, it could really cause a problem.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

VIP Member
    The two previous posters hit it dead on, just because you are armed it does not make you an LEO, be a good witness.
    40Bob, Caertaker and Spirit51 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

In Tx I'm not gonna let some POS with a knife stab somebody,Your right I'm not a Cop I'm not trying to arrest anybody,I am coming to the aid of a 3rd party.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    In Tx I'm not gonna let some POS with a knife stab somebody,Your right I'm not a Cop I'm not trying to arrest anybody,I am coming to the aid of a 3rd party.
    Thank you. It's nice to see another who is willing to help their fellow man.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post

Suppose the you are on a city bus some time when it's crowded. You are sitting toward the back. A bunch of delinquent teen girls spot an enemy on the bus a couple of seats ahead oh you and close in. They are starting to get violent, clearly they are going to escalate to bodily harm, and do so, but the driver has not done anything to indicate he is aware or doing something about it. A knife comes out.

You are carrying concealed. Carrying may or may not be illegal on the bus but you have not checked (good luck tracking all such laws/regs/rules). There is no one between you and the closest of the gang, and any pass throughs would just hit another of the gang, and the angle is upward through the roof anyhow (velocity loss might make the bullet essentially harmless, if it hit someone outside the bus. More likely it would hit a car roof.)

Intervene? When and how?
    Gang bangers, going after another gang banger? To be quite honest, if you do anything at all you lose. The "gang" will claim they were just talking with their "friend". The accosted banger will not come to your defense. That would be against street code. Her and her bangers will settle it themselves.

Pull the cord and get off as soon as the driver stops the bus.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Hmmm. I would think it would be reasonable to stay out of it, unless someone actually was stabbed or really close to it. As others have stated, it may come back on you. Additionally if it is a bus there would most likely be other citizens whom would serve as competent witnesses.

Distinguished Member
    I don't ride the bus... Too many violent teenage girls.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    Tueller tells me I should be in fear for my life as soon as the knife is presented as a weapon.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    Hmmm. I would think it would be reasonable to stay out of it, unless someone actually was stabbed or really close to it. As others have stated, it may come back on you. Additionally if it is a bus there would most likely be other citizens whom would serve as competent witnesses.
    I am sure that the 77 year old Nana or the young mother with a baby are going to put their lives in danger by going against gang bangers for you.

Besides, you can't carry a gun on a bus in Missouri....it is a felony. Know your states laws.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A knife comes out.

That was all I needed to se to know I'm buggin' out. My fear of knives equates to some people's fear of snakes, only I tend to get out of range rather than shoot. Besides, if they are really gangsta teens, perhaps they'll thin the ranks out to the point they're no longer a problem for the rest of us.
    BkCo1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Even though it would be a gallant effort to open fire on a bus full of people will create more than one infliction thus possibly putting you in financial debt for the rest of your life in or out of jail

he has it all mapped out but the trick here is DO you really think this is what will happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post

Intervene? When and how?
    Teen girls? Sounds like a gang likely to break up when Melissa gets caught holding hands with Jessica's ex, Tim, who Sarah said she saw kissing.....
    Spirit51 and pittypat21 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links