Escaped prisoners, helicopters just down the street from home.

This is a discussion on Escaped prisoners, helicopters just down the street from home. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So a little background,...I live several miles outside a tiny town in rural Virginia. My in-laws life here and watch my daughter. We have an ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Brad426

Thread: Escaped prisoners, helicopters just down the street from home.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

So a little background,...I live several miles outside a tiny town in rural Virginia. My in-laws life here and watch my daughter. We have an apartment that shares the same property as them to save $ on rent since I stopped working to become a FT student.

So last week I leave for class,my mother-in-law(MIL) is watching my toddler. I'm about a mile from the interstate(our house is about 6-7 miles from the interstate, and about 10 from the outskirts of town.) and see two police vehicles parked on the side of the road and officers looking through bushes and walking around. Made me a little bit. Basically NEVER EVER see cops on the road to our house because its VERY rural and mostly farmlands, or nicer newer luxury homes.

I get on the interstate, and on both sides of the highway in the emergency lane? Cop cars. Lots of them. State and local, and a helicopter overhead. Oh crap. This ain't good. My wife works about 4-5 miles from the interstate, and my child is very close by.

I called my MIL and told her what I saw, she said she was going to make sure everything was locked up and retrieve a shotgun from the safe to keep it as handy as possible(IE out of the tots reach.).

Turns out 2 convicts on a work crew tried to escape, and they had ran off with some landscaping tools that could be used as weapons. The news didn't say WHAT they took, only that they could be used as weapons. Luckily they were caught within a couple hours and nobody was injured.

Certainly an eye opener. Anywhere, anytime.

Also is a good reminder to stay vigilant, even when at home.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I shudder to think of my MIL with a shotgun. It'd be like the wedding all over again...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I shudder to think of my MIL with a shotgun. It'd be like the wedding all over again...
    No, on second thought, I'll leave that one alone!

GT, that story shows that you just never know when you may be put in a situation that may require you to protect yourself from BGs. Glad they were caught and everything ended well.

Anytime, anywhere.

Glad all was welk and your family and others were not harmed.

I would of also called my wife to inform her of the ordeal and/or see if she was safe since it happened so close to her place of employment..

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Sponsored Links