Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident - Page 2

Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident

This is a discussion on Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nedrgr21 Just from the story: Second time in as many weeks, why can't people just drive off? She needs a "vacation". People ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Just from the story: Second time in as many weeks, why can't people just drive off? She needs a "vacation". People with that attitude are a bigger danger to the 2nd A than the OC "baiters".
    OH YEA...Great idea... NOT!!

Did you watch the video?? Guy in a pickup, woman in a small car; take it onto the street where he would have a decided weight advantage, possibly engage in a running bumper car battle and endanger everyone else. Maybe you would have no problem if they crashed into your family and killed someone: I WOULD, she done good!

I'll not be second guessing her reaction to someone pounding on her car window hard enough to break it. Too bad the dead guy never learned to control his emotions. That type of behavior usually ends badly for someone.
    ILoveSigs likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. IMO it was a good shoot. In the same situation I probably would have reacted the same way. I've been the focus of road rage on three separate occasions, sometimes things happen so quickly your fight or flight instincts kick in and her instinct in this instance was to fight.
    AngryBadger417 and ILoveSigs like this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Once the decedent broke the window, the incident went from a property crime to justifiable concern for the driver's life. From what little we know, it sounds like a good shoot. Would like to see gas station video if they have it for further assessment. The cops did let her go, so it appears that they did not have enough to charge her...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Just a guess Spirit51, but I would say they wanted to test him for GSR. Covering all possible scenarios. It seems to me she was followed into the station by the other driver and he tried to gain entry to her vehicle by force. Good shoot. May have been other options for her, but she was under stress at the time.
    Good answer. Easy to say just start up your car and drive away. Odds are she had stopped and car was not running and she may have also removed keys before exiting to get gas. Firearm in purse is right there. Station video should clear this up and it sure sounds like a good shoot. I do not 24/7 CC but I usually CC when in car. Road rage or car jack, IMO, are my most obvious threats outside of evening dinners and getting to my car in a darkened parking lot or garage where I cannot CC due to SC law on CC in restaurants w/alcohol service.
    ILoveSigs likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Just from the story: Second time in as many weeks, why can't people just drive off? She needs a "vacation". People with that attitude are a bigger danger to the 2nd A than the OC "baiters".
    Where did you get the "second time in as many weeks" from? I read the article twice and watched the video twice and didn't see or hear anything about her being involved in another incident.

As for just driving off, depending on the amount of damage and state law, it could get you arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.
    ILoveSigs likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I'm glad the lady wasn't hurt, and I'm saddened for the affects on both families, but what a dumb way to get killed.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Where did you get the "second time in as many weeks" from? I read the article twice and watched the video twice and didn't see or hear anything about her being involved in another incident.

As for just driving off, depending on the amount of damage and state law, it could get you arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.
    We just went through this in another thread about the man that shot a guy on a bike he hit. I have a hard time beleiveing a woman with a broken windshield caused by an irate dude will be arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.

And if that is the only reason one does not leave (they are afraid of getting arrested) and decide the better alternative is to take a life then they are an idiot.

I did not say to not defend yourself at all. Nor did I say to not shoot. I am just saying that would be a ridiculus thought process.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Road rage

I guess that answers the question, "can I pull the trigger?". Sounds likes a good shoot to me as well.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

We just went through this in another thread about the man that shot a guy on a bike he hit. I have a hard time beleiveing a woman with a broken windshield caused by an irate dude will be arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.
    It wasn't the windshield it was the DRIVERS WINDOW,HE THEN TRIED TO OPEN THE DOOR.Sounds like he needed anger management classes,he did get one too bad it was fatal
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It wasn't the windshield it was the DRIVERS WINDOW,HE THEN TRIED TO OPEN THE DOOR.Sounds like he needed anger management classes,he did get one too bad it was fatal
    Did you bother reading the entire post? OK, sorry, drivers side window. That was not my point. I said
    I did not say to not defend yourself at all. Nor did I say to not shoot.
    My point was that if she could have driven away I do not beleive a LEO would arrest her for leaving the scene of an accident. And if you have the ability to drive away safely then that is an option one should consider instead of taking a life.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHB View Post
    I agree that driving off would be the obvious option but he may have blocked her in if he pulled in after she did. Also many people believe it's illegal to leave the scene of the accident.

In the road rage situation I was targeted in, the man followed me nearly all the way to my workplace (20 minute drive with numerous turns). He was acting completely crazed and I had no phone or CCW at the time. I was very relieved when he didnt make the last turn into the drive after me. If he had, I'd have kept on driving and looked for a police station. That guy was acting insane. I have no doubt he'd have gotten physical, if given the chance.
    Bad drivers and road rage are a norm in Memphis. I get a little paranoid when an angry driver seems to take the same course behind me. My first step against an encounter is to take as many turns in well populated areas as I can, to get to my destination. If my final stop is home or work, I dont go. I have never found anyone to follow me the entire way. Not yet at least. But if that day comes then goodluck to them. Following me that much will probably justify a shoot better than I shot right away. Fortunatley it is pretty hard to NOT find a cop in Memphis.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

VIP Member
    If I felt unsafe, and compelled to leave the scene of an accident or whatever, I'd phone the police and tell them what's going on and when the police secure the scene I'll be happy to meet with them.

If they charge me, then so be it, we'll work that out later. I don't ever want to be "carried away from the scene on a stretcher".
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

why can't some people be civilized if its a fender bender let insurance deal with it.

Possible road rage ends in fatal shooting - Houston Chronicle

The man was a danger the road also. He was getting in front of her and slamming on his brakes, she dialed 911 and pulled into a gas station. When she got to the gas station he tried to force entry into the car. She shot, problem solved. He already proved to be a danger on the road, why get back on the road? He will probably just start ramming your vehicle. Sounds like she did fine to me. She tried many different options, the last one worked out. Looks like a clean shoot to me.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links