Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident - Page 4

Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident

This is a discussion on Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nedrgr21 Her lawyer was running her mouth, What else do you expect from an attorney--except a bill?...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Young woman shoots Texas man in road rage incident

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Her lawyer was running her mouth,
    What else do you expect from an attorney--except a bill?

He's dead, and maybe the a--hole with the bags on his hands will learn a needed lesson. I would bet the dead guy has a prior record.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    And if you have the ability to drive away safely then that is an option one should consider instead of taking a life.
    She did'nt take his life, he threw it away when he attacked her.

The headlines on these stories always make me angry: "Road rage ends with fatal shooting outside gas station". From the headline, your first thought is that some maniac followed an innocent person to a gas station and shot them dead. Why not a headline: "Alleged attacker shot by woman fearing for her life"?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    As to driving away, in Texas is there a "duty to retreat"? Not saying that she should or shouldn't have tried that before shooting, just that "not" driving away shouldn't place guilt on her if the law doesn't require it.
    This is an update to my earlier post. It didn't come out quite like I meant it I guess.

In Ohio, thank heavens, we have no duty to retreat. You break in my car window I will shoot to keep you from hurting me. You are not breaking in my window to talk to me you are going to hurt or maybe kill me. What good would it do to leave? He could just follow her and bash up her car and kill her, he sure was mad enough. She went to a populated area which was safer than trying to drive with this man around her. Maybe she had to because of the accident. Doesn't matter, she should have been safe.

It shouldn't matter if she could have left or not but you know people if she could have she should have. You know, I wasn't there when this happened. I wasn't terrified like this lady was. Even if the law does say she had the duty to retreat I don't care. She protected herself and that is all that should matter. I just hope that if the law where she lives says she has a duty to retreat the videos show she couldn't have done so.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Here's the deal suntzu, maybe the thought of just driving away did not occur to her. When faced with a deadly threat, a lot of people react to a deadly threat with immediate justifiable deadly force.

The law does not require you to mentally go down a list of possible other options in the face of a deadly threat. You do not even have to choose the best course of action. If you are faced with a deadly threat and lethal force is justified, you are not penalized for using lethal force in repelling the attack.

I'd like to think I would drive off if that option was available to me... But when the glass breaks from some nut job trying to get at me, and I haven't driven off by that point, I'm shooting them.
    Harryball, F350, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Here's the deal suntzu, maybe the thought of just driving away did not occur to her. When faced with a deadly threat, a lot of people react to a deadly threat with immediate justifiable deadly force.

The law does not require you to mentally go down a list of possible other options in the face of a deadly threat. You do not even have to choose the best course of action. If you are faced with a deadly threat and lethal force is justified, you are not penalized for using lethal force in repelling the attack.

I'd like to think I would drive off if that option was available to me... But when the glass breaks from some nut job trying to get at me, and I haven't driven off by that point, I'm shooting them.
    This was my exact qoute:

And if you have the ability to drive away safely then that is an option one should consider instead of taking a life.
    If you have the ability (meaning you have the prescence of mind to make that determination)
    One should consider (meaning that it is an option that one should look at before killing someone

No where, not once did I say the lady had this option, nor did I say that even if it did exist that she realized it.
    No where, not once did I say that you must leave instead of shooting

Point is that even in a "good shoot" by the law IF someone has the presecenc of mind to leave and can safely do so they should consider that.

Never once in that quote was I refering to the lady in this situation.

Just because one can take a life does not mean they should. Too many folks are cavalier of death. I swear there are some that are just out lookig for a "legal" reason to shoot someone. Not saying you or Harryball who gave your post a LIKE
    Powpig2002 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Looking at the window on the driver's side in the video..... I'm not sure he busted the window, or when she shot it shattered it. To me, it does not appear to be a window 'busted' from hitting it but from the round(s) fired. That may play a big part in deciding how honest she is being about it.

Someone being mad, or feeling intimidated, is not in itself a justification for shooting. I have a feeling that is where this one is going to end up.

Be interesting how it plays out, what the station videos show, etc.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Looking at the window on the driver's side in the video..... I'm not sure he busted the window, or when she shot it shattered it. To me, it does not appear to be a window 'busted' from hitting it but from the round(s) fired. That may play a big part in deciding how honest she is being about it.

Someone being mad, or feeling intimidated, is not in itself a justification for shooting. I have a feeling that is where this one is going to end up.

Be interesting how it plays out, what the station videos show, etc.
    Fear is intimidation. We'll have to wait and see though.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

This was my exact qoute:

If you have the ability (meaning you have the prescence of mind to make that determination)
    One should consider (meaning that it is an option that one should look at before killing someone

No where, not once did I say the lady had this option, nor did I say that even if it did exist that she realized it.
    No where, not once did I say that you must leave instead of shooting

Point is that even in a "good shoot" by the law IF someone has the presecenc of mind to leave and can safely do so they should consider that.

Never once in that quote was I refering to the lady in this situation.

Just because one can take a life does not mean they should. Too many folks are cavalier of death. I swear there are some that are just out lookig for a "legal" reason to shoot someone. Not saying you or Harryball who gave your post a LIKE
    Sometimes you crack me up. I do not disagree with you on the part about driving away. However, most folks, like the women in this story do not train for anything. She IMO did what she needed to do. When in a situation like this, you have maybe a second to make a choice, while someone is trying to smack you down. She did what I believe most should do. She didnt take off into traffic and put others in danger. Imagine that scenario.

Bloodlust is for those that seek conflict, Bark'n and I do not participate in that type of activity. A legal means of defense, is just that, Legal. To be honest, I applaud her for not becoming a victim...
    Spirit51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I am not talking about the lady!!! It was a general statement!...Anyway, how are things? Kids good? Texas is hot but getting used to it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I am not talking about the lady!!! It was a general statement!...Anyway, how are things? Kids good? Texas is hot but getting used to it.
    My bad. I must have taken your post the wrong way. Wouldnt be the first time..LOL....

Im well, smoke free for 3 weeks now. Kids are good. Thanks for asking

Im happy to hear that you and your wife are doing well in your new home. That was a big move...For me the heat sucks. I am a polar bear, cold is good...LOL
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

I can't find the quote right now, but there was a SCOUS ruling in a self defense case that goes something like this [paraphrase] Calm reflection can not be expected in the face of a raised knife[/paraphrase]

Just curious, does anyone think they would have a different opinion about this story had it been a male (victim)? Just a thought. Some people do tend to make things more justifiable when it comes to female victims. From what i gathered from this story, I believe it was a "good shoot." Just a thought.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I can't find the quote right now, but there was a SCOUS ruling in a self defense case that goes something like this [paraphrase] Calm reflection can not be expected in the face of a raised knife[/paraphrase]
    Since you put my name in bold in the post you replied to I assume you were trying to get my attention. I made it perfectly clear that the state of mind of the person matters and that their actions are dictated by that. I am fully aware that some folks might fear for their lives while others do not in identical situations. I do not know how more clear I can be on that,

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links