Got Interviewed Tonight - Page 3

Got Interviewed Tonight

This is a discussion on Got Interviewed Tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem becomes a nail." You might well be ready for some real situational training. You ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Got Interviewed Tonight

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem becomes a nail."

You might well be ready for some real situational training. You have many options available before the conversation begins but you have to learn when to act, and how to control the situation before it gets to within arms reach.
    Glhadiator likes this.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by RugerMike View Post
    Due to my job situation I cannot carry at work (I work in a school). So the carry always never tell gig does not work for me. I carry when I can and I have my own rules I abide by. Generally if I am going somewhere that involves being around more than a dozen people I don't know, or if I am going to be anywhere after dark I carry. I figure these rules take care of most of the bad situations I would find myself in.
    I would strive to carry everywhere when you are not physically at work. I understand not being able to carry at work, but that leaves plenty of times you should be carrying, and not just when you'll be out after dark or when there will be a lot of people you don't know.

People who are "part time" carriers, often "get got" at one of those times they were not carrying because they didn't think they'd need it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Ive worked in a large jail for a long time. It pretty much guarantees that I will meet people out in public that Ive had contact with in jail. An old guard told me how he dealt with them early on. And its stuck with me all this time as good advise. I look at them directly, smile and always initiate the conversation. This does a couple of things, It tells them that you are not intimidated, that you recognize that they are still people, and that you are fully aware of whats going on around you. That's really what the interview is about. Him deciding, If he can take you, If he wants to take you, and do you have anything worth while to take. Even if he just wanted some change it was still an interview. DR
    Bark'n likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links