CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby - Page 2

CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby

This is a discussion on CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All I can say is...Wow!?!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby

All I can say is...Wow!?!

You gotta be kidding me.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

There are just so few words that can be said and allowed on this forum, about this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    Difficult to determine who is the denser of these two brain trusts. Kudos to the cop who didn't know how to properly unload a revolver and cheers to the STEWARDESS (that's what they are) who didn't have a clue she had the j-frame in her purse in the first place. Good job people!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    Are male flight attendants also "Stewardesses"? Time to update your terminology from the 1960's.
    Umm actualy, I believe Steward is an acceptable term for a male flight attendant lol
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

My wife and I like to call these people the 98%
    pittypat21 likes this.

Good example of why no one should handle your weapon but you. I have no doubt that the average security cop has no idea how to handle/unload my single aciton revolver.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

add's a little fuel to the argument against informing and potentially being disarmed by a LEO (if you have the choice). certainly not all police officers are firearm experts. this one is lucky he/she drilled his desk and not himself or someone else.

I find it hard to believe a .38 revolver would go off while someone was attempting to unload it. I mean, come on, with the long hard double action trigger pull? You'd have to "really" be a fumble finger to pull that off. Doesn't say much for the cop that pulled the trigger. This has major FAIL written all over it.
    beararms likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Has to be a real tard to have an AD with a revolver while unloading, unless he thinks the only way to unload it is to pull the trigger.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Lead Moderator
    Merged multiple threads of same topic.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Yet another incident that could have been handled safely and sensibly, but no, Barney Feif had to make it into a crime scene. Really folks, it should not take a genius to be able to tell the difference between a mass terrorist and someone who accidentally or inadvertently brings their lawful gun into an area that they shouldn't. The best answer would have been to point it out to the employee and tell them to take it back to their car. How much less hassle would that have caused?

Sometimes, I find myself really getting disgusted at the criminalization of the citizens here.
    beararms, phreddy, .XX and 1 others like this.

Yet another incident that could have been handled safely and sensibly, but no, Barney Feif had to make it into a crime scene. Really folks, it should not take a genius to be able to tell the difference between a mass terrorist and someone who accidentally or inadvertently brings their lawful gun into an area that they shouldn't. The best answer would have been to point it out to the employee and tell them to take it back to their car. How much less hassle would that have caused?

Sometimes, I find myself really getting disgusted at the criminalization of the citizens here.
    Glad someone else said it! I would cut the flight attendant some slack, frankly because accidents do happen. This really should have been a "take it back to your car, ma'am" situation. So, I place the blame for this on the airport police officer for being totally incompetent, and then on our elected government for letting the TSA run rampant over any type of common sense when it comes to security.
    phreddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    Glad someone else said it! I would cut the flight attendant some slack, frankly because accidents do happen. This really should have been a "take it back to your car, ma'am" situation. So, I place the blame for this on the airport police officer for being totally incompetent, and then on our elected government for letting the TSA run rampant over any type of common sense when it comes to security.
    How is that an accident? An accident is she packed her bag, went to get something and her cat knocked over a loaded firearm into her bag and covered it up. It is stupidity. I am not a zero tolerance kind of guy and don't beleive folks should be raked over the coals for lapses in judgement (depending what they are). But good grief. We on this forum tell folks
    1: How responsible we are
    2: We follow the law

This woman did not know where a loaded firearm was.

No accident.
    pittypat21 and jumpwing like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Disorderly Conduct is a pretty minor charge considering what she did. Wearing that stupid sign will be punishment enough. As for the brainfart who fired the gun, that individual needs to be reassigned to Philly's infamous Meter Maid Brigade..
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Disorderly Conduct is a pretty minor charge considering what she did.
    She probably only got Disorderly Conduct BECAUSE the cop AD'ed the weapon. I'm sure he felt like enough of an idiot for actually SHOOTING the gun in the airport that he let her off with a slap on the wrist. It probably wouldn't look too good if he had given her the charge she deserved while he walked away scot free after negligently discharging a firearm in an airport.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

How is that an accident? An accident is she packed her bag, went to get something and her cat knocked over a loaded firearm into her bag and covered it up. It is stupidity. I am not a zero tolerance kind of guy and don't beleive folks should be raked over the coals for lapses in judgement (depending what they are). But good grief. We on this forum tell folks
    1: How responsible we are
    2: We follow the law

This woman did not know where a loaded firearm was.

No accident.
    Fine, let me rephrase it and call it a lapse in judgement. I'm pretty sure we've all had them. I'm also pretty sure we have quite a few people on this forum that have shown up at a security checkpoint with something that is banned, through no malicious intent of their own. Pocket knives, ammo or spent casings in the carry on bag, etc. (Or a bottle of water, OMG) I'm not saying what she did was right, I'm saying that it was a minor lapse in judgement that should have been handled with her being told to take it back to her car. Not having a huge scene made of it. This one incident will probably cost tax payers well north of $10K. I'd rather have that money spent on something else.
    .XX likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links