Defensive Carry banner

CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby

4K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  paching 
#1 ·
#2 ·
An entirely preventable incident, officer should have never put his finger on the trigger, flight attendant definintely knew better, things like this make CHL holders look bad and cause new gun laws to be enacted..

#5 ·
Difficult to determine who is the denser of these two brain trusts. Kudos to the cop who didn't know how to properly unload a revolver and cheers to the STEWARDESS (that's what they are) who didn't have a clue she had the j-frame in her purse in the first place. Good job people!

#11 ·
Who is sooooo dumb they can't unload a revolver safely ???

I now know the answer to that question.

We already have a wide spread video that DEA agents can shoot themselves in the foot with semi-autos.

#13 ·
Airport police accidentally discharges revolver while unloading

Flight Attendant Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security

Basically, a flight attendant somehow forgot she was carrying in her purse, and she was taken to security. While there, the police officer fired the s&w air weight while trying to unload it.

Now I'm not one of those guys who says that ALL AD's are due to incompetence (or that it could NEVER happen to me), but how can you be a police officer in an airport and not know how to unload a revolver. Also, this was not a matter of carelessly pulling the trigger while going thru hundreds of rounds at the range. This was a high security situation where there should have been no lack of focus or concentration.

On a separate note, she was only charged with disorderly conduct. I wonder what would have happened if you or I got into the same scenario.

#14 ·
#20 ·
Good example of why no one should handle your weapon but you. I have no doubt that the average security cop has no idea how to handle/unload my single aciton revolver.

#22 ·
I find it hard to believe a .38 revolver would go off while someone was attempting to unload it. I mean, come on, with the long hard double action trigger pull? You'd have to "really" be a fumble finger to pull that off. Doesn't say much for the cop that pulled the trigger. This has major FAIL written all over it.

#25 ·
Yet another incident that could have been handled safely and sensibly, but no, Barney Feif had to make it into a crime scene. Really folks, it should not take a genius to be able to tell the difference between a mass terrorist and someone who accidentally or inadvertently brings their lawful gun into an area that they shouldn't. The best answer would have been to point it out to the employee and tell them to take it back to their car. How much less hassle would that have caused?

Sometimes, I find myself really getting disgusted at the criminalization of the citizens here.

#26 ·
Yet another incident that could have been handled safely and sensibly, but no, Barney Feif had to make it into a crime scene. Really folks, it should not take a genius to be able to tell the difference between a mass terrorist and someone who accidentally or inadvertently brings their lawful gun into an area that they shouldn't. The best answer would have been to point it out to the employee and tell them to take it back to their car. How much less hassle would that have caused?

Sometimes, I find myself really getting disgusted at the criminalization of the citizens here.
Glad someone else said it! I would cut the flight attendant some slack, frankly because accidents do happen. This really should have been a "take it back to your car, ma'am" situation. So, I place the blame for this on the airport police officer for being totally incompetent, and then on our elected government for letting the TSA run rampant over any type of common sense when it comes to security.

#27 ·
How is that an accident? An accident is she packed her bag, went to get something and her cat knocked over a loaded firearm into her bag and covered it up. It is stupidity. I am not a zero tolerance kind of guy and don't beleive folks should be raked over the coals for lapses in judgement (depending what they are). But good grief. We on this forum tell folks
1: How responsible we are
2: We follow the law

This woman did not know where a loaded firearm was.

No accident.

Reactions: jumpwing and 65108
#28 ·
Disorderly Conduct is a pretty minor charge considering what she did. Wearing that stupid sign will be punishment enough. As for the brainfart who fired the gun, that individual needs to be reassigned to Philly's infamous Meter Maid Brigade..

#29 ·
Disorderly Conduct is a pretty minor charge considering what she did.
She probably only got Disorderly Conduct BECAUSE the cop AD'ed the weapon. I'm sure he felt like enough of an idiot for actually SHOOTING the gun in the airport that he let her off with a slap on the wrist. It probably wouldn't look too good if he had given her the charge she deserved while he walked away scot free after negligently discharging a firearm in an airport.

#30 ·
How is that an accident? An accident is she packed her bag, went to get something and her cat knocked over a loaded firearm into her bag and covered it up. It is stupidity. I am not a zero tolerance kind of guy and don't beleive folks should be raked over the coals for lapses in judgement (depending what they are). But good grief. We on this forum tell folks
1: How responsible we are
2: We follow the law

This woman did not know where a loaded firearm was.

No accident.
Fine, let me rephrase it and call it a lapse in judgement. I'm pretty sure we've all had them. I'm also pretty sure we have quite a few people on this forum that have shown up at a security checkpoint with something that is banned, through no malicious intent of their own. Pocket knives, ammo or spent casings in the carry on bag, etc. (Or a bottle of water, OMG) I'm not saying what she did was right, I'm saying that it was a minor lapse in judgement that should have been handled with her being told to take it back to her car. Not having a huge scene made of it. This one incident will probably cost tax payers well north of $10K. I'd rather have that money spent on something else.

#31 ·
I understand your point but let me give you a scenario and tell me what folks think should happen to this individual:
A 12th grade teacher and her husband are fine upstanding folks but like to do "home bedroom movies". This is just for them and not the internet or to show anyone else. The teacher is in a rush for work and takes a tape of a PBS show she was going to use for class. But she did not know that by "accident" one of their movies was on it. She starts the PBS show and walks out for a moment. While she is gone the PBS special switches over to the other content.

That is an "accident" also. Betcha 5 bucks folks would want that teachers head on a platter. And I would not be surprised that she would be fired for her "accident".

Point is IMO we like to forgive folks that have "accidents" with their guns but less forgiving for others that make mistakes.

As far as taking stuff through security, yup, had a ppair of pliers once. But good grief, we are talking about a gun. And I never said to rake her across the coals. But a fine or something else should be done minimum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.