CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby

This is a discussion on CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tet4 Fine, let me rephrase it and call it a lapse in judgement. I'm pretty sure we've all had them. I'm also ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: CHL Holder Busted in Airport, LEO Has AD With Snubby

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    Fine, let me rephrase it and call it a lapse in judgement. I'm pretty sure we've all had them. I'm also pretty sure we have quite a few people on this forum that have shown up at a security checkpoint with something that is banned, through no malicious intent of their own. Pocket knives, ammo or spent casings in the carry on bag, etc. (Or a bottle of water, OMG) I'm not saying what she did was right, I'm saying that it was a minor lapse in judgement that should have been handled with her being told to take it back to her car. Not having a huge scene made of it. This one incident will probably cost tax payers well north of $10K. I'd rather have that money spent on something else.
    I understand your point but let me give you a scenario and tell me what folks think should happen to this individual:
    A 12th grade teacher and her husband are fine upstanding folks but like to do "home bedroom movies". This is just for them and not the internet or to show anyone else. The teacher is in a rush for work and takes a tape of a PBS show she was going to use for class. But she did not know that by "accident" one of their movies was on it. She starts the PBS show and walks out for a moment. While she is gone the PBS special switches over to the other content.

That is an "accident" also. Betcha 5 bucks folks would want that teachers head on a platter. And I would not be surprised that she would be fired for her "accident".

Point is IMO we like to forgive folks that have "accidents" with their guns but less forgiving for others that make mistakes.

As far as taking stuff through security, yup, had a ppair of pliers once. But good grief, we are talking about a gun. And I never said to rake her across the coals. But a fine or something else should be done minimum.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Well, that's because what the teacher did caused harm (or so the theory goes), where as bringing a gun to a checkpoint really doesn't. Well, not any more than a pair of pliers. :)

I guess that's the point that rubs me the wrong way - why does the TSA have such a phobia of guns when the biggest airplane terrorist attack in history happened with box cutters? The misplaced, irrational fear is what escalated this situation.
    phreddy and hotShot like this.

Well, that's because what the teacher did caused harm (or so the theory goes), where as bringing a gun to a checkpoint really doesn't. Well, not any more than a pair of pliers. :)

I guess that's the point that rubs me the wrong way - why does the TSA have such a phobia of guns when the biggest airplane terrorist attack in history happened with box cutters? The misplaced, irrational fear is what escalated this situation.
    I almost gave you a like but did not want you to think I agreed with everything LOL!!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    Are male flight attendants also "Stewardesses"? Time to update your terminology from the 1960's.
    I see no reason to change the language to satisfy some latter day idea of politically correct terminology .

Per Miriam Webster:

Definition of STEWARD: an employee on a ship, airplane, bus, or train who manages the provisioning of food and attends passengers

Definition of STEWARDESS: a woman who performs the duties of a steward; especially : one who attends passengers (as on an airplane)
    pittypat21 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

It doesn't. It has a phobia about guns, knives, scissors, files, and liquids, and about anything else it can imagine.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Per Miriam Webster:

Definition of STEWARD: an employee on a ship, bus, or train who manages the provisioning of food and attends passengers - or a male that performs the duty of a stewardess on the aircraft of a failing airline.

Definition of STEWARDESS: a woman who performs the duties of a steward on board a proper passenger aircraft
    Fixed it for Webster.

Dumb and dumber at the airport. I say jail both of 'em.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links