Another what would you do

This is a discussion on Another what would you do within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On the news today: http://www.kirotv.com/news/9964841/d...5247&qs=1;bp=t EVERETT, Wash. -- Authorities said a group of about 15 teenagers pulled a woman from her car and beat her ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another what would you do

On the news today: http://www.kirotv.com/news/9964841/d...5247&qs=1;bp=t

EVERETT, Wash. -- Authorities said a group of about 15 teenagers pulled a woman from her car and beat her Thursday afternoon near Mariner High School in Everett.

The attack happened after the woman honked her horn at them to move out of the way so she could enter her mother's apartment complex on Fourth Avenue West, said the Herald.

Police were called to the scene to stop the attack, but about an hour later, the teens, some possibly gang members, saw the woman as she was leaving pick up her 4-year-old daughter from preschool, and once again pulled her from her car and beat her.

The woman, 23, had her head slammed into her car, causing her left eye to be swollen shut. She also suffered cuts, bruises and abrasions. Her injuries sent her to the hospital, where she was released Thursday night, the Herald reported.

During the attacks, the woman's 10-month-old son was in the car's back seat.

Police interviewed and released two teenage girls, ages 17 and 18, who could face assault charges.

A 15-year-old girl, believed to be involved in the second attack, was arrested.

According to police, the teenagers interviewed in connection with the first attack were not involved in the second one.

Authorities said the accused are believed to be students at Mariner High School.

Deputies are continuing to investigate the assaults, police said.
    So, clearly they weren't planning on going anywhere as they attacked her again after the police left. What do you do? Plow them down or drive around for a few hours to wait until they leave? Clearly calling the police didn't do much good as they started the attack again right after the police left. I know I'm preaching to the choir so to speak, but this is yet another example for all of your wives, sisters, mothers, daughters, etc... to have good situational awareness and to CARRY.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    On the news today: http://www.kirotv.com/news/9964841/d...5247&qs=1;bp=t

So, clearly they weren't planning on going anywhere as they attacked her again after the police left. What do you do? Plow them down or drive around for a few hours to wait until they leave? Clearly calling the police didn't do much good as they started the attack again right after the police left. I know I'm preaching to the choir so to speak, but this is yet another example for all of your wives, sisters, mothers, daughters, etc... to have good situational awareness and to CARRY.
    Clearly this woman got the short end of the stick. It appears that she is a compassionate and law abiding citizen. If that were not the case I fear we would have seen her using a couple of tons of automobile to parry the threat. I somehow think that if she did run them down she would end up on the recieving end of the legal stick.

I would almost bet the farm that the hooligans families would have painted a picture where she was out to get "revenge" for her unlawful beating. "My poor child is young and doesn't realize wright from wrong. She beat this poor woman but she didn't deserve to be run over by a car".

Not to mention the fact that she had an infant in the car and it is probably a bad idea to put the infant in jeopardy. I personally think these hoods should have been wearing a buick symbol on their forehead for the rest of their lives. In and ideal world this would have been the case but as we all know it is easy for the victim who was acting in self defense to have the tables turned on them by the legal system.

Criminals have too many rights.
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptable struggle."
    - EDMUND BURKE

http://tacticalhq.org

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    So... she gets pulled from her car once.... then not even an hour later it happens again. Hell if I had gotten pulled from my car as a sheeple, I don't think I'd ever get in an unlocked car again. What the hell was she thinking?!?!
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    So... she gets pulled from her car once.... then not even an hour later it happens again. Hell if I had gotten pulled from my car as a sheeple, I don't think I'd ever get in an unlocked car again. What the hell was she thinking?!?!
    I'm with you, lock the doors.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    I'm with you, lock the doors.
    same here. lock the doors, start honking, and call the cops again.

Did This Woman Have a CCW?

Maybe now she will see a need...if not......she should continue to graze with the other sheep.
    When will people learn...the cops are not here to protect us...we have a responsibility for our own protection.
    Disparity of force...no problem...the little 'scumbags' should have been taught a lesson! With a CCW, this could have ended more peaceable...or a lesson whould have been given!

I hope someone learns something from this awful day...

Stay alert...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Disparity of force...no problem...the little 'scumbags' should have been taught a lesson! With a CCW, this could have ended more peaceable...or a lesson whould have been given!
    I would be a little hesitant to pull a gun in this situation. For one, she's already in her car, so her mobility is very low. For another, 15 people is a lot, and there's no way to know how they would react to either the threat of being shot, or one of them actually being shot. If they all run away, great, but if they swarm or get even more aggressive, then things get really nasty. If deadly force becomes justified, the car itself is probably the best weapon availible.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Maybe now she will see a need...if not......she should continue to graze with the other sheep.
    When will people learn...the cops are not here to protect us...we have a responsibility for our own protection.

I hope someone learns something from this awful day...

Stay alert...

ret
    Of course, when you are playing by Florida rules, any individual attempting to gain entry to your car while you are in it is presumed to do so with the intent of committing a violent felony......

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Roll up the windows and lock the doors. If a window is broken, shoot that way while flooring the gas.
    Once they actively break into the car, it's going to be hard to claim that any still in front of the car, blocking it in, are innocent of the attack.

trun the tables

If she had run them down, they would have sued. I say turn it around sue their parents for every penny they have. Maybe then they will take more care to make sure their kids are brought up properly.

I am not a fan of frivolous litigation, but this woman has suffered losses and much of it is directly attributable to the lousy upbringing those kids had.

Lead Moderator
    Wonder if she had a cell phone?

Possibly locked doors and a call to 911 could have gotten some help and saved a lot of pain.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Not in Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    If she had run them down, they would have sued. I say turn it around sue their parents for every penny they have. Maybe then they will take more care to make sure their kids are brought up properly.

I am not a fan of frivolous litigation, but this woman has suffered losses and much of it is directly attributable to the lousy upbringing those kids had.
    In Florida the use of deadly force, if justified, does not allow the scumbag or his/her family to sue the victim...
    That would include self-defense by .45 or '350 horse'...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Reload...often

In our community, we have never had an incident like this. If and when we do its time for me to move! I would not let anyone pull me from my car with my baby in it. Trying to pull my wife from her car with one of our children in it might be the most dangerous position you could put yourself in. She does not care about consequences when the safety of her children are in question. Disparity of force is the issue here and 15 against one 23 year old woman with a child I think qualifies. Whoever enters the car gets one between the eyes.
    I don't think the other 14 will be much of a problem at that point. This being said, AVOIDANCE is another option here. Was there another exit? Could she have waited them out? Avoidance is the first thing I try to practice. For example, its Friday night and I won't go out after dark because I don't want to deal with the sort of people that come out at this time. I have been in stores at night and have seen shady looking characters in the lot and will wait them out inside. You have to swallow some pride sometimes to do this.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Bad situation. Lock the doors, call the cops. A window gets broken, someone gets run over. Maybe several somebodies.

You might be able to pull me out of my ride and beat me. But only after you've tipped it over and a few of you have been shot....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links