"Just going to the store" carry

This is a discussion on "Just going to the store" carry within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's going to be a Ruger 1911 or CZ 75 Compact. I don't feel under-gunned with either....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: "Just going to the store" carry

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    It's going to be a Ruger 1911 or CZ 75 Compact. I don't feel under-gunned with either.

2. Remove Ads

I try to be especially watchfull at night and during the time of the challanging, and to challange all persons on or near the parking lot of my local 7-11

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    It seems like a lot of people are getting caught up in preparing for battle. If I thought I was going into a war zone I would not go, A quart of ice cream isn't worth that. But I live where I feel safe. I don't feel less protected with a mouse gun. I'm not fool enough to think "It couldn't happen here". But an armored car and a 50 cal mounted on top are not going make me any more safe than "Good SA" and bringing "any" gun to the party. DR

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I live to far out in the country to be going into town after dark. It's 3mi to the closest store and it closes early. So, unless it's a real emergency I'm not going anywhere. (Ice cream, soda, beer, cigs or junk food ain't no emergency!)

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    It seems like a lot of people are getting caught up in preparing for battle.

I'm not fool enough to think "It couldn't happen here".
    It's little more than that: preparing to accommodate the simple reality that it could happen here ... as easily on a quickie trip to the corner store as anyplace else. It's no more a "battle" situation than anything else we do, save going to riskier places at riskier times (ie, crappy neighborhood, 2am, alone).
    Badey likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    It's 8 PM and you need a pint of ice cream.
    Unless you are having a birthday party and forgot to buy the ice cream, you don't NEED a pint of ice cream at 8 PM. That being said, if I go out late at night I always carry my EDC gun, not a bug. Every time I go out of the house, I carry exactly the same thing, no matter what time of the day or night, or how long the trip is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    Unless you are having a birthday party and forgot to buy the ice cream, you don't NEED a pint of ice cream at 8 PM. That being said, if I go out late at night I always carry my EDC gun, not a bug. Every time I go out of the house, I carry exactly the same thing, no matter what time of the day or night, or how long the trip is going to be.
    au contraire mon ami there are times exactly what you need is ice cream lol. I happen to like fat free frozen yogurt.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    au contraire mon ami there are times exactly what you need is ice cream lol. I happen to like fat free frozen yogurt.
    Pardon his French.
    minimalbrat likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I can relate to the OP in some regards. I get off a 12 hour shift and the last thing I want to do sometimes is go home, change clothes, walk the dog, and then make dinner. So what do I do? I throw an LCP or CM9 into my scrubs, walk the dog to subway, and grab a BLT, three birds and one stone. This is frequently done around dark. I don't feel any more concerned than an I am at any other time; I've got a gun, a light, my other EDC items, and a retriever. Come and take it, but either way I'm getting my BLT with added avocado. Be aware, be prepared within reason, and live your life.
    ws76133 and ohiorobp like this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I dont do this. I carry the same weapon, 45, 85% of the time. Only what I must wear as clothing changes my carry. More formal, more concealed, then smaller weapon.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

VIP Member
    I never carry anything smaller than a Glock 19.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    No one said "already carrying inside my home so I just throw on an outer shirt"?

Same as any other time, the CZ 82 or the P-64.

But, after dark, I drive the APC. :D
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    No one said "already carrying inside my home so I just throw on an outer shirt"?
    Nope I don't think anyone said that. The entire point of the OP's post was concerning when your NOT already carrying your normal carry gun, and so just throw a smaller caliber gun in your pocket for convenience sake.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    First let me say that I include myself in this observation. It's 8 PM and you need a pint of ice cream. You're already wound down from the day so you pop the little carry caliber in your pocket and jump in the car. But with the street lights already on, you may be heading to highest level of SD requirement/exposure of the day. The parking lot of the local convenience store, at night, is a classic place for trouble. Probably more so than walking the parking lot at work. And yet many of us are less prepared than we were 12 hours before, ordering a biscuit for breakfast. In truth, I'm far enough out in the sticks that the store is already closed at that hour but you get my drift. I wonder why we do that?
    I don't do that. I go .... but I go well prepared... if not more so.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links