"Just going to the store" carry - Page 6

"Just going to the store" carry

This is a discussion on "Just going to the store" carry within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PIMking Now I am armed at all times, that is, unless I'm fornicating or showering. Really? You can't even shoot blanks without ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: "Just going to the store" carry

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Now I am armed at all times, that is, unless I'm fornicating or showering.
    Really? You can't even shoot blanks without a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Your situational awareness depends on your environment.
    does it?
    Snub44 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Wow kel, ain't we cranky this morning? Just rainy Saturday morning musings. Sorry for being obtuse.
    Always cranky. Particularly cranky for the last 4+ years as I watch what I thought was a great country become a shell of itself. I am allowed to be cranky since I am old; I could not care less what anyone thinks about me--it does not make any difference in my life. Someone is upset, tough--it is not going to change my telling anyone and everyone what I think; if I disagree with you or think your comments are stupid, I will tell you so--none of this nanny government crap where I have to consider "your feelings". If I am proven wrong, I will admit to it and apologize. I'll stick with my friends and my family. G-d bless svg and stay safe.

Distinguished Member
    You too mi amigo.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    My carry gun never changes no matter the occasion. I'm thrilled to have been able to afford one carry gun.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I try to be especially watchfull at night and during the time of the challanging, and to challange all persons on or near the parking lot of my local 7-11
    But, you don't have to worry about violent attack at a 7-11, their corporate policy is NO carry in their stores. While I don't know about Florida but all the ones in Oklahoma are posted with NO Weapons signs, so all the evil doers have to turn around and leave, after all THEY HAVE A SIGN, and it WILL protect you.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Every time I leave the house, my P239 9mm is with me.

Armed to same level all the time. Go when I want to wherever I need to go.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

...what's this "we"? you gotta mouse in your pocket??? I go fully dressed whenever I leave my yard...24/7...in my yard, sometimes I only carry one .45 and a spare mag...

...seriously...thought-provoking and a welcome reminder...what we need to hear, we can never hear too often...thanks for pokin' us lest we be caught nappin'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    First let me say that I include myself in this observation. It's 8 PM and you need a pint of ice cream. You're already wound down from the day so you pop the little carry caliber in your pocket and jump in the car. But with the street lights already on, you may be heading to highest level of SD requirement/exposure of the day. The parking lot of the local convenience store, at night, is a classic place for trouble. Probably more so than walking the parking lot at work. And yet many of us are less prepared than we were 12 hours before, ordering a biscuit for breakfast. In truth, I'm far enough out in the sticks that the store is already closed at that hour but you get my drift. I wonder why we do that?

If I carry something other than my m&p9c it will be my bersa thunder 380. My kel-tec p-32 is now reserved for cycling duties and other deep concealment missions.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMac View Post
    personally i do not pop a small caoiber in my pocket to run to the store, it is something i feel will be sufficient, or i would not have it, which is usually a airweight 38 / and a speed loader, which is what i tend to carry a lot anyhow....if you feel the gun you pop in your pocket leaves you under-protected, you should remove it from your carry list....and possibly from your inventory....just my way of thinking....
    I disagree. Those little pocket guns are great for backups or backup of backups. I have a little .25 that I'll carry as a back up. What's the chances it'll ever see the light of day in a bad situation? Negligible at best. I'd have to be completely out of ammo for my .40 first. However, there's no way that not having it puts me in a better position than having it - even if it does just leave a purple-nurple on a guy's chest when he's wearing leathers. It's enough of a shock to surprise him - and the next shot will hit the throat where it's a lot softer.

I can't count the number of trips to the all night Walmart I've made for Ben and Jerry's, usually with my 229. God help the thug who gets between me and my Cherry Garcia.

"Just going to the store" carry

The only thing that would likely change for me is carrying my backup mag. I try to only carry one gun in one position (3:30 for me) for consistency of presentation/manual of arms. You never know what you're gonna get into but I'm confident I could end a hairy situation with 13 rounds if I had to. I do agree with you however, late night runs to the corner market or gas station are more likely to turn out dangerous than your walk to your car at 5pm. Good point. Posts like this should keep us on our toes and not wallowing in apathy.

God Bless

I'm more worried about they guys here who think 8pm is late!

All kidding aside I carry my glock 19 everywhere. My girlfriend laughs at me when I take my gun from the night stand because I forgot something I needed in my car. She thinks I'm crazy for carrying my gun from the house to the car (150 ft). But I really do know what you mean, it seems less dangerous just because its going to take 10 mins.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

I Plan Ahead! I ain't no workin stiff no longer. It is 20 miles to town & back. If I wanted frozen yogert or a 6 pack it would be here. It ain't FEAR that I don't go out to town.

So that is how you get your Jollies so be it...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links