"Just going to the store" carry - Page 7

"Just going to the store" carry

This is a discussion on "Just going to the store" carry within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My M&P40c is with me 24/7 (unless I have to go somewhere that it is truly illegal to carry and I try to avoid that ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: "Just going to the store" carry

Distinguished Member
    My M&P40c is with me 24/7 (unless I have to go somewhere that it is truly illegal to carry and I try to avoid that as much as possible) as you never know when trouble might strike.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

great question I leave my Mod 60 in a remora by the door with my keys an wallet, try to take it everywhere but once an awhile i will slide the 380 bodyguard in I guess because I bought it I feel I have to carry it once in awhile. I think I might sell it just to force myself to carry a larger caliber plenty to choose from. Thanks for the question

This is the time to be armed with your EDC piece. That's life.

Scott

in most areas the "stop and rob" is the worst place to stop at night for anything. sometimes it is best to pick a better place to get your ice cream. do not put yourself into a problem. you should allway carry a weapon when you are out and watch your "six".
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

...in response to this...I googled Tom Thumb robberies...and got tired of reading after about 10 pages...they're about the most upscale grocery chain in Texas...I don't shop there unless it's a rare, outdated item that noone else carries because of their prices...and they used to use sworn LEOs for security...but where there's money...you know the rest...it's up to US to be ready to take care of business...

The closest I've ever been to shooting someone was in a nearly empty store parking lot at night and all I had was a j frame and no spare ammo.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I got rid of LCP and got g26 for this reason.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    It's 8 PM and you need a pint of ice cream.
    In my best whiny liberal voice: "But...but....but why does anyone NEED a pint of ice cream????"
    zonker1986 and moonraker like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Always cranky. Particularly cranky for the last 4+ years as I watch what I thought was a great country become a shell of itself. I am allowed to be cranky since I am old; I could not care less what anyone thinks about me--it does not make any difference in my life. Someone is upset, tough--it is not going to change my telling anyone and everyone what I think; if I disagree with you or think your comments are stupid, I will tell you so--none of this nanny government crap where I have to consider "your feelings". If I am proven wrong, I will admit to it and apologize. I'll stick with my friends and my family. G-d bless svg and stay safe.
    I'll bet you have a very short Christmas card list, huh ? Geeesh, what an attitude...you're old because you've allowed yourself to feel that way and it shows.

My normal EDC carry is my Glock-36, but for a quick 'around the corner' trip, I may just grab my Ruger SP101 in .357...it's all good.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    I can't count the number of trips to the all night Walmart I've made for Ben and Jerry's, usually with my 229. God help the thug who gets between me and my Cherry Garcia.
    In my neck of the woods, I'd venture that the local police station has fewer armed individuals in it than the local Walmart after midnight. It's probably the safest place in town to be.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I think I said this in another thread but it fits here as well.

I put my gun on when I get dressed in the morning and take it off when I go to bed. Where I go, it goes, unless I have to go to the Court House.
    Las Vegan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I think I said this in another thread but it fits here as well.

I put my gun on when I get dressed in the morning and take it off when I go to bed. Where I go, it goes, unless I have to go to the Court House.
    I wish I could do same :( I work at a University :( *cough* *cough* excuse me, a GUN FREE ZONE.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Southern Indiana but have a permanent residence in South Coastal Texas
    The business I`m in, I tend to make enemies at times. I carry everywhere at least where I legally can.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have"--- Thomas Jefferson, 1778.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    If I go to the store late at night for a pint of ice cream or something, that store is pretty much always Wal-Mart, due to the fact that it's the only store open. And I carry more and/or bigger guns then, both because it's late and because it's Wal-Mart.

I will drop a .38 in my pocket when wandering around at home or going outside to shovel snow or mow the lawn or take out the garbage.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links