Man with real looking explosive device walking up to you. Happened last night in SLC

Man with real looking explosive device walking up to you. Happened last night in SLC

This is a discussion on Man with real looking explosive device walking up to you. Happened last night in SLC within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man shot by Utah officer had explosive device Wires running from backpack to hand held detonator. Police shot and killed him. Turns out it was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Man with real looking explosive device walking up to you. Happened last night in SLC

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Man shot by Utah officer had explosive device

Wires running from backpack to hand held detonator. Police shot and killed him. Turns out it was a real device. The crazies are getting crazier.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I think the crazies are the same amount of crazy, it's just easier for them to learn how to make bombs and get bath salts thanks to the internet.
    oneshot and JerryMac like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Explosives are easy to make or get. It's the blasting caps that are hard. Straight up "suicide by cop".

(BTW, anyone else annoyed about that simple "West Jordan"? "West Jordan, Utah" blast it! Otherwise it's going to be "Oh, he is from the middle east?")

Oppressing his right to bare arms!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    Explosives are easy to make or get. It's the blasting caps that are hard. Straight up "suicide by cop".

(BTW, anyone else annoyed about that simple "West Jordan"? "West Jordan, Utah" blast it! Otherwise it's going to be "Oh, he is from the middle east?")
    Yup. Sounds like suicide to me.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post

Are we conspiracy kooks if we believe that the reporter meant to leave that impression on the reader?
    West Jordan is a city in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. West Jordan is a rapidly growing suburb of Salt Lake City and has a mixed economy. Wikipedia
    Michael

Great goobs of goose-poop.....!?! Crazy is a correct assumption me thinks. Suicide does seem to be the underlying reason. I'm intrested in what the investigation into this yahoo turns up.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Great goobs of goose-poop.....!?! Crazy is a correct assumption me thinks. Suicide does seem to be the underlying reason. I'm intrested in what the investigation into this yahoo turns up.
    Yep, sounds pretty straight forward suicide by cop. Time will tell as more information becomes available.

VIP Member
    Lucky for all that he did not have a dead man detonater on his device. I hope that this is not the start of a new trend here in the USA.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    But making bombs is illegal! Didn't he know that?
    ep1953 and gator15 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

You know, if these people are willing to use State employees to help them commit suicide, I'd rather it be a doctor who can do it easily and painlessly.
    ArkhmAsylm likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    Desparate people do desparate things.
    He was a menace to society, and was put down like a rabid, crazed dog. As it should be anywhere.
    atctimmy likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Seems they dont' know if there were explosives or not, since they detonated the backpack and are examing the pieces to see "IF " there were explosives.

However, whether there is or isn't, the officer was justified in shooting him from what it says.
    RichB70 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Are we conspiracy kooks if we believe that the reporter meant to leave that impression on the reader?
    Michael
    He might have. But try to figure out where something happened when you follow a link from Drudge; few papers tell you what state as they all assume the readers are locals.

Is there any question about what this guy was expecting?!? If a guy's got a chainsaw, I suspect he's cutting firewood. If a guy's got a guitar, I suspect he might be a musician. If he's got a hand detonator wired to a backpack, it's not unreasonable to believe that he's decided to make a greasy spot of himself & any/everyone with whom he can snuggle. He already planned to die, the police just help him go it alone.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links