Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. - Page 10

Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wingryder I am curious as to how long the game animal stock would last facing the entire population as hunters. Deer, elk ...

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    I am curious as to how long the game animal stock would last facing the entire population as hunters. Deer, elk and other game herds and populations are carefully managed to prevent over hunting, in the PAW, the game herds would be doomed within a season or two. Just a thought. I wonder if our wilderness can sustain the calorie/protein demands of 300,000,000 people. I think eventually all animals could face extinction from over hunting.... Squirrel, rabbit, coyote, rat, etc, will all be hunted en mass! I don't see how they can manage to sustains their population when everyone starts to hunt.

My personal opinion is that a vast majority of the population will starve to death... Perhaps 80%. Sadly, I have to be honest, I will probably be one of them... I realize that I don't have the necessary hunting and tracking skills that would give me an advantage over the countless millions of other suburbanites. I feel that I should learn to varmint hunt at the very least... So many skills needed to thrive in this environment... Tool making, tanning leather, furniture making, black smithing, shelter, trapping, farming, wild edibles, primitive weapons hunting.... It's overwhelming honestly.
    I have cattle, a horse, (after getting rid of 2 of those chow hounds) ducks and chickens. I would say that the entry level "farming" that has the biggest bang for the buck, especially if you're not in a rural area, would be a couple of laying hens. They thrive on grass, bugs, grains, weeds; cost little to nothing to feed and you get an egg almost daily per hen for protein. Get at least 2 hens, that way when one of them stops laying and ends up on the BBQ, the other takes the hint.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Just another reason to stockpile as much ammo as possible while we still can, and make sure we're well trained with our firearms in order to defend our homes and stored goods.
    Yeah and say hello to the Easter bunny when he comes by to drop off delicious chocolate goodies!

Honestly now.. Everyone in here talks tough about what will happen to those who come to take what you have. In all reality, you won't know until it happens.
    Go it alone or with a group and you will find that there is ALWAYS someone out there who is meaner, stronger and more violent than you can imagine.
    So what. You have a dozen rifles and two dozen hand guns, big deal. You will NEVER have the ammo of friends to defend it.
    I can only shoot one gun at a time, how about you?
    I ha e also gazed upon the true evil that man can perpetrate against man, against that is what you will need to overcome.
    QKShooter and Rock and Glock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    I have cattle, a horse, (after getting rid of 2 of those chow hounds) ducks and chickens. I would say that the entry level "farming" that has the biggest bang for the buck, especially if you're not in a rural area, would be a couple of laying hens. They thrive on grass, bugs, grains, weeds; cost little to nothing to feed and you get an egg almost daily per hen for protein. Get at least 2 hens, that way when one of them stops laying and ends up on the BBQ, the other takes the hint.
    Don't forget domestic rabbits. Breed quickly and come in serving sized containers so preservation by smoking, drying or freezing is not a factor.

Michael
    QKShooter and pgrass101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Still just thoughts from the first half of the first video...

It's amazing how this guys assumptions/ignorance really glare.

I'm glad he assumes that my "stockpile" of food and ammo is in my house...

Makes for a good diversion.

And maybe he should drive through the country sometime and see Mother Nature's "stockpile"...

They're called fields, forests, rivers, and lakes.

That 15 acres needs to have a few zeros added to be more accurate!

It's amazing how many different types of food you can make from soybeans, rice, and fish.

And, yes, it will be much more difficult to cultivate a food plot that size without fossil fuels; but if ultimate SHTF scenario occurs I'm thinking that I'll have a little more time to devote to farming as the auto-repair business will most likely be in a "dry spell".

I know that it was difficult ( to watch the WHOLE video ) but Mr Stankmouth has hunted and fished and owns a lot of guns himself. He did have some valid and disturbing points but apparently he was "not your cup of tea".
    Let me guess... He wouldn't be someone you'd want in "your" group.
    Well guess what, he's welcome in mine!
    QKShooter and Secret Spuk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    He said his group was for black folks, that disqualifies me.

I wouldn't mind having him in my group though, especially if we run into a gang that wants to challenge us to a strategy game. Although, I'm not sure World of Warcraft servers will be up and running during the apocalypse.
    QKShooter and Bad Bob like this.

It appears that we have two groups involved in this topic.
    One group watched the videos to try and learn something.
    The other group are the "homey" haters who dismissed this mans videos as some kind of "gang banger" mentality, aka the "black crowd" who are ignorant and just want to "gank" everyone's stuff.
    It's actually amazing that it is so apparent as to who are racist and who are not.
    It's sad too because he has valid points to consider, just didn't come from a white guy though so who care!

"gang banger" mentality, aka the "black crowd"
    This forum isn't really the place for those kind of racist remarks or characterizations.

It appears that we have two groups involved in this topic.
    One group watched the videos to try and learn something.
    The other group are the "homey" haters who dismissed this mans videos as some kind of "gang banger" mentality, aka the "black crowd" who are ignorant and just want to "gank" everyone's stuff.
    It's actually amazing that it is so apparent as to who are racist and who are not.
    It's sad too because he has valid points to consider, just didn't come from a white guy though so who care!
    I suppose that's one take on it. It's certainly not mine. I've heard my fair share of people run their mouth, both black and white. In my opinion they are not the ones you need to worry about. In fact, in a true SHTF scenario, with the right people present, I think he would be dead before he got very far into his monologue. Maybe he had valid point that I could have benefited from hearing but in all honesty, being an old dog, I don't hear new ideas very often.

Truth is most of us wouldn't survive, prepared or not. The odds are stacked against us and there will be no second chances. Those that do should thank plain dumb luck.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I believe he does have a point. I listen regularly to a podcast called the gunrunner in stitcher, and he brought up this exact point in one episode. You'll need to get together with your neighboors and set up some kind of perimeter defense, and get organized if something mayor happens. I know most of my immediate neighboors are pretty well prepared and are like minded on this issue.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I believe he does have a point. I listen regularly to a podcast called the gunrunner in stitcher, and he brought up this exact point in one episode. You'll need to get together with your neighboors and set up some kind of perimeter defense, and get organized if something mayor happens. I know most of my immediate neighboors are pretty well prepared and are like minded on this issue.
    I agree with you. I'm also in Orlando but unfortunately I don't think my neighbors are like minded. Most will not say hello or even smile at me and very few speak English. Gotta love this town
    QKShooter likes this.

I know that it was difficult ( to watch the WHOLE video ) but Mr Stankmouth has hunted and fished and owns a lot of guns himself. He did have some valid and disturbing points but apparently he was "not your cup of tea".
    Good guess...

You're wrong, but nice try.

Nailed it on the "not my cup of tea" though...

Anyone, regardless of race, who claims that in times of strife that "your stuff will be my stuff" is drinking that same kool-aid.

I'm not gonna come right out and call you a race-baiter, but in my view you are both walking and quacking like a duck...

Good day sir!

CPanther95 likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    I'm not gonna come right out and call you a race-baiter
    I will.

It was about as subtle as a 5 year old parallel parking a schoolbus.
    kerberos likes this.

Only watched about 5 minutes of video 1 before I stopped. But from the discussion, he did make some valid points to consider, as have many of the posters on this thread. Long term, I won't be staying in place in my current location in a SHTF scenario as described. My family will be bugging out to an undisclosed location. Will the location hold up to a big gang as described? That would depend on their desperation and dedication to their attack after they start getting attacked.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

The printed word carries a "tone" to it. If you can't read and understand the tone behind it, I am sorry.
    There was not any race baiting. I only pointed out the"tone" of some of the posters.
    A lot can be learned if you read between the lines, you only have to "look" for it.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Back to the topic at hand, yes? We will all be tone-deaf, yes?

Chickens (layers) are pretty low maintenance for a steady source of protein, and I have heard rabbits are pretty easy, although I have no personal experience with same.
    OD* likes this.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Links