Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Small groups that take over a grocery store, Sysco distribution center, etc. will have the currency to attract plenty of "henchmen". Those that may not ...

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Small groups that take over a grocery store, Sysco distribution center, etc. will have the currency to attract plenty of "henchmen". Those that may not want to submit to a group will do so if it means food for their family. And once they become dependent on the group for survival, it'll be hard to break away - or refuse their demands.

2. Remove Ads

I believe the loners will be the most dangerous.

They will let the group rampage while they go after their real agenda, whatever that may be.

Example: while home 2 blocks down the street is invaded and sacked, and your family has all attention that way hoping to stand off invaders if they come your way, loner wolf is coming through the back door or window to take you and your out strictly for his benefit.

Perimeter defense is crucial, not just at night but 24/7.

Alarm system of some type or defensive stand alone systems ( think nails driven through boards placed near fence or windows and doors) would be a comfort.

There are many ways to defend your back or weak sides but they do require thought and maybe some before hand prep.

JMHO-YMMV
    Last edited by searcher 45; October 4th, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

#5 will happen... at least the latter part of it...

Unless very well disciplined, and of fairly good moral character, large groups will feed on each other... there will be infighting within the ranks... there will be attrition within the ranks...

It happens every day in Chicago, LA, and wherever gangs are present.
    It happens in LEO forces (recently in Detroit, apparently).
    It happens in the armed forces (why do they need MPs? And why is the sexual assault problem so prevalent?).

I guarantee it will happen in a group of ill-disciplined, morally bankrupt, teeming horde of urban commandos.

However, once the final pecking order/cadre is established... the remaining, leaner/meaner horde will be very very dangerous. It will be the surviving "fittest" of the worst elements that come out of the cities to any distance.

Depending on their skills in the field... they may or may not get to your house... however far out you are... And however resistant others have been between you and the city.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    All I can say is I'm going down fighting, and I'm not going down alone.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In a real doomsday scenario (and in life in general) the guy in the video, all those that have posted and everyone else alive today WILL DIE! The question is what manner of life/death.
    The older I get the less concerned I get. In a real doomsday situation, I may be inclined to just go out fighting rather than to live like an animal in a hole worrying about what/who will attack and when.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    All I can say is I'm going down fighting, and I'm not going down alone.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349495451.482199.jpg

Administrator
    Interesting post by Eagleks. I will enjoy doing a bit of elaboration.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    I would not make an Internet Tough Guy insinuation with regard to the comment by OldVet. He has merely expressed a mindset that he shares with many war/MIL veterans. It is why we have the best and most highly trained and effective killing force in the history of the planet.
    They have traveled down a certain bloody path already with many other brave Americans that have not gone down without fighting the BEST/good fight.
    Naturally nobody can predict the exact outcome of any future deadly confrontation but, the man is here today because he is a proved survivor.
    And so he has expressed the fact that he is not personally willing to go down without giving any future perilous confrontation his all.
    If he has maintained his ingrained skill set (which I am confident that he has based on some of his past postings) the likelihood is quite good that he'll go down fighting and will not go down alone because he knows himself and his capabilities.
    So while that comment may applicable to some goofy punk mamas-boy kid with a ton of video war-game experience in his parents Living Room you cannot stick that to OldVet without that comment coming across as being a poor reflection on you.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I would not make an Internet Tough Guy insinuation with regard to the comment by OldVet. He has merely expressed a mindset that he shares with many war/MIL veterans. It is why we have the best and most highly trained and effective killing force in the history of the planet.
    They have traveled down a certain bloody path already with many other brave Americans that have not gone down without fighting the BEST/good fight.
    Naturally nobody can predict the exact outcome of any future deadly confrontation but, the man is here today because he is a proved survivor.
    And so he has expressed the fact that he is not personally willing to go down without giving any future perilous confrontation his all.
    If he has maintained his ingrained skill set (which I am confident that he has based on some of his past postings) the likelihood is quite good that he'll go down fighting and will not go down alone because he knows himself and his capabilities.
    So while that comment may applicable to some goofy punk mamas-boy kid with a ton of video war-game experience in his parents Living Room you cannot stick that to OldVet without that comment coming across as being a poor reflection on you.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349621632.406125.jpg

I make that comment because to "go down fighting" is a futile comment. It's a defeatist term.
    It's bravado at its worst and implies that one has given in.
    He has the wrong mindset. I have no desire to go down fighting. I will punish those who would attempt to take mine.
    If I have to I will retreat to fight another day, to pull back, regroup and hit them again and again.
    It will be costly for "them", not me.
    Last edited by CharlesMorri; October 7th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

I make that comment because to "go down fighting" is a futile comment. It's a defeatist term.
    It's bravado at its worst and implies that one has given in. I don't care if he served, he has the wrong mindset.
    Disagree.

I'm fairly sure the sentiment is equivalent to what's occasionally voiced here: "from my cold, dead hands ..." meaning, in both cases, that criminals will be facing a to-the-death-if-need-be fight on their hands if they should dare to come through me to get to mine.

Doesn't strike me as striving to imply anything beyond that, no matter that the words contain "go down" in them.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I don't care if he served, he has the wrong mindset. I have no desire to go down fighting. I will punish those who would attempt to take mine.
    If I have to I will retreat to fight another day, to pull back, regroup and hit them again and again.
    Presumptiousness is the greatest gift to an adversary. You certainly did not learn that from any practical experience.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I don't care if he served, he has the wrong mindset. I have no desire to go down fighting. I will punish those who would attempt to take mine.
    Now who's the"Internet tough guy" here? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'm fairly sure the sentiment is equivalent to what's occasionally voiced here: "from my cold, dead hands ..." meaning, in both cases, that criminals will be facing a to-the-death-if-need-be fight on their hands if they should dare to come through me to get to mine.
    Which of course means "you'll go down fighting". But who now will look after "yours" now that you are gone?

I can replace my stuff but not my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Now who's the"Internet tough guy" here? Just saying.
    Maybe. Maybe not but I sure as heck ain't gonna fight till I'm dead. I can fall back and plan.
    You can't do that if "you go down fighting".

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Links