Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. - Page 15

Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HotGuns One thing that will hinder many "preppers" in the fight for their lives is their adherence to life long rules. What ...

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    One thing that will hinder many "preppers" in the fight for their lives is their adherence to life long rules. What many fail to understand or realize is that when the SHTF, there is one rule and one rule only...Survival of the fittest. Nothing else will matter, all law will become null and void.

When society as we know it collapses for any reason, there will be no law or order. Panic will be the rule, rather than the exception. Many people, if not most, will be behind the curve when this takes place and many will want to deny the horrors that they will encounter because it is human nature to do so.
    This I think is the key to survival. Knowing when the rules no longer apply. If you toss the rule of law too soon (before everyone else) you have serious problems. Killing your neighbor for raiding your garden half an hour before the National Guard convoy shows up with tons of food is not going to easy to explain away. If you are still adhering to rule of law when everyone else abandoned it you will have serious problems too. Going to a neighbors house to help them with something and finding yourself at gunpoint to be ransomed for weapons/food/ammo from your spouse is not the best way to find out rules no longer apply. (That assumes they don't just put one behind your ear when you walk in so they can take your carry weapon, gut and clean you and put your body on the smoker and then assault your home)
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    why, cause folks can live on bullets alone and won't need to eat?

In all seriousness, if folks want to REALLY prepare for a doomsday scenario, where most elements of society break-down, people should be forming local networks of skilled individuals who will be ready to move their families to a chosen location, where everyone will get together and provide for the needs of all..until the crisis is over.

That would include doctors, teachers, farmers, policemen..who form the backbone of any society.

they would pick a spot where they would live off the land, teach the children, protect their borders and keep their mini-society orderly & peaceful, until such time as a larger government is again in place.

there is MORE than enough open land in this country, to provide for such mini-socities for say...100 million people.
    100 million is probably a reasonable estimate for the number of people who can be sustained in a post-apocalyptic US. The problem your solution fails to address is the other current 200 million who don't make the cut.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    100 million is probably a reasonable estimate for the number of people who can be sustained in a post-apocalyptic US. The problem your solution fails to address is the other current 200 million who don't make the cut.
    the point is that hundreds of millions of people all preparing to bug-out independently, is stupid.

folks should organize their friends, neighbors, relatives...to bug out together.

Pythius;

What makes you assume that all these hundreds of millions of people are planning to bug-out independently?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Pythius;

What makes you assume that all these hundreds of millions of people are planning to bug-out independently?
    I've yet to see any evidence of SHTFers creating large networks of people, with plans to bug-out to specific locations, preparing the right skill-groups to provide for a mini-society for several years. That means doctors, teachers, farmers, and other professions needed for a stable society to function.

however, if there is such a place on the internet where you can network with folks in you area for such a scenario, please let me know. :)

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    pythius;
    what makes you assume that all these hundreds of millions of people are planning to bug-out independently?
    or at all!?

VIP Member
    the point is that hundreds of millions of people all preparing to bug-out independently, is stupid.

folks should organize their friends, neighbors, relatives...to bug out together.
    I, mine and millions like us are already where we will be after it all comes down. Where do you city-dwellers plan on going once the lights go out, the toilets quit flushing, and the transportation comes to a standstill right out in front of your current abodes? How are you going to get there?
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    why, cause folks can live on bullets alone and won't need to eat?

In all seriousness, if folks want to REALLY prepare for a doomsday scenario, where most elements of society break-down, people should be forming local networks of skilled individuals who will be ready to move their families to a chosen location, where everyone will get together and provide for the needs of all..until the crisis is over.

That would include doctors, teachers, farmers, policemen..who form the backbone of any society.
    Some of us are. We just don't post about our plans here. I, for one, am a member of over a dozen forums, including rural life in Alaska, fish ponds, hunting, boating, kayak building, survivalism, and cooking. I don't talk very littile about guns around the kayakers, I don't talk kayaks here.
    they would pick a spot where they would live off the land, teach the children, protect their borders and keep their mini-society orderly & peaceful, until such time as a larger government is again in place.
    Annnnnd, protect the borders how? Moral indignation?
    there is MORE than enough open land in this country, to provide for such mini-socities for say...100 million people.
    Nope. Not even close. Farming without oil is man-power intensive; that's why slavery/serfdom/peasentry was so common back before the combine and the cotton harvesting machine. That leaves aside water for the crops and climate.

Someone from the Queens talking about how easy it is to go back to the land? (snicker)

I, mine and millions like us are already where we will be after it all comes down. Where do you city-dwellers plan on going once the lights go out, the toilets quit flushing, and the transportation comes to a standstill right out in front of your current abodes? How are you going to get there?
    I have a bike, if roads become unpassable.

I'll bring my camping stove, sleeping bag, tent, and other supplies. :)

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    however, if there is such a place on the internet where you can network with folks in you area for such a scenario, please let me know. :)
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    ...Someone from the Queens talking about how easy it is to go back to the land? (snicker)
    would you like to see pictures of my 450 sq. ft. farm plot in Queens, where I grow cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, parsley, celery, green pepper, yellow pepper, radishes, basil, and snap peas?

yeah, I'm one of THOSE NYers. ;)

I've yet to see any evidence of SHTFers creating large networks of people, with plans to bug-out to specific locations, preparing the right skill-groups to provide for a mini-society for several years. That means doctors, teachers, farmers, and other professions needed for a stable society to function.

I do not know the extent of the members that go to these sites. But you asked for places on the internet...so here they are:

Colorado » Prepper Groups
    Community Preparedness - American Preppers Network
    Mainstream Preppers - Thriving in Good Times and Bad
    Pythius likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    I have a bike, if roads become unpassable.

I'll bring my camping stove, sleeping bag, tent, and other supplies. :)
    But what about all those from there-to-here folks who didn't adhere to your gun-a-month program, and seriously want your stuff?
    Ayn Rand

But what about all those from there-to-here folks who didn't adhere to your gun-a-month program, and seriously want your stuff?
    my rifle will accompany me.

VIP Member
    would you like to see pictures of my 450 sq. ft. farm plot in Queens, where I grow cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, parsley, celery, green pepper, yellow pepper, radishes, basil, and snap peas?

yeah, I'm one of THOSE NYers. ;)
    Given that it takes about 100k sq. ft., or roughly two football fields per person per year to generate enough food to survive, you might want to increase the size of your plot.
    Ayn Rand

Links