Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. - Page 18

Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pythius why the focus on guns & ammo...and not vegetable seeds? Because it's difficult to acquire guns & ammo when you're only ...

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    why the focus on guns & ammo...and not vegetable seeds?
    Because it's difficult to acquire guns & ammo when you're only armed with vegetable seeds.

Plus, I'm not crazy about vegetables.
    Phillep Harding likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    In a SHTf situation, we all become "thugs" whether we like it or not.
    Rule of Law is very very important and should be protected.

In a SHTF situation the normal LEO, police dept. county sheriff's dept would not be functioning, but sooner or later they will come back on line (JMHO) and when they do the laws of your state will be all important.

Know your state laws and bless the states that have the Castle Doctrines in place.

When and if hopefully ROL comes back on line it may be your word against the bodies buried out back.

Therefore I would keep a complete daily log with info about the times and events as they happen.

BTW I personally would fight to maintain or restore ROL at county or state level.

Make no mistake about it, when the UN forces show up, your county and state government and law enforcement are your best protection and those laws in effect before SHTF will be your only defense.

Don't believe the county or state government could stop the UN forces, but the laws of your state will be a defense in a trial if they are considered by the new powers coming on line.

Power vacuums always being power hungry people, and a nations and or UN to collect the oil, coal, and other resources, and these hunter predator can easily over run a nation at war with itself.

When they deal with out state, county and you and I, we need to have records and just cause under the laws as written before the SHTF.

Just my thoughts, yours may differ and be even more correct than mine please share!!!!!
    rstanek and QKShooter like this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    That's a pretty small house.

Do you mean 1000 sq ft?
    10'x10'

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I would suggest that everybody buy at least one bottle of Survival Tabs to pop into the ol' Bug Out Bag.
    Call and order (Nice Folks) and tell them that you heard about Survival Tabs on DefensiveCarry
    Here You Go~~~~~~> Survival Food Tabs

Just as an FYI - I did 6 full days (personal test) living on just the Survival Tabs - plus water - Plus morning Black Coffee + Plain Tea (no sugar) and I lost some weight and was pretty sick of them by then but, obviously I made it. Good Product.
    Better add some stool softener. Constipation can kill. (Peritonitis from a burst bowel)
    QKShooter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Another thing to add here. For those of you like me who have a well and don't want to waste gasoline to run a generator to get water, don't be caught in a prolonged situation without one of these.

Bison Hand Water Pumps

Flojak Hand Well Pump - Backup Hand Pump for Well

It would be such a shame to have all that nice, fresh water and no way to get it. I would lean toward water being about the most important thing to have and yet one of the first things that people are going to run out of.
    As well, if people are spending money being concerned about SHTF, then they might as well spend some brain power.

Now is as good of a time as any to learn how to construct and and maintain an alcohol still out of spare parts, at least print out the wiki. A source of liquid fuel would be really, really handy at some stage.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    History has also shown that the majority, when it has had enough will snuff out the minority. That is where revolutions are born from. It goes both ways.

Currently, in all democracies or similar types of governments, the majority has little tolerance for the minority which do what they please. The mindset simply isn't in "free" people to be controlled. I do believe that some people will have to be "pursuaded" to get the backbone to stand up for themselves, but being hungry, or the loss of family members would quickly change the attitudes of most.
    I was going to make the same point, Farron. Eventually the majority will revolt and oust the minority. Sometimes it takes years or lifetimes however.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    I've yet to see any evidence of SHTFers creating large networks of people, with plans to bug-out to specific locations, preparing the right skill-groups to provide for a mini-society for several years. That means doctors, teachers, farmers, and other professions needed for a stable society to function.

however, if there is such a place on the internet where you can network with folks in you area for such a scenario, please let me know. :)
    ZombieSquad

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would suggest that everybody buy at least one bottle of Survival Tabs to pop into the ol' Bug Out Bag.
    Call and order (Nice Folks) and tell them that you heard about Survival Tabs on DefensiveCarry
    Here You Go~~~~~~> Survival Food Tabs

Just as an FYI - I did 6 full days (personal test) living on just the Survival Tabs - plus water - Plus morning Black Coffee + Plain Tea (no sugar) and I lost some weight and was pretty sick of them by then but, obviously I made it. Good Product.
    I looked at the website and couldn't find the answer to this: How long is the shelf life? Listed and actually usefull? I am definitly intersted in picking up a few of those if they last more than a year or two.
    Walk softly ...

When the first one-two-three of his posse hit the dirt with lead poisoning, they will scatter. Maybe they will be back and maybe just maybe three-four-five more die from lead poisoning.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bill View Post
    When the first one-two-three of his posse hit the dirt with lead poisoning, they will scatter. Maybe they will be back and maybe just maybe three-four-five more die from lead poisoning.
    A few pages back Lima hit on this topic (very broadly)...... When the starving hoards find out there supplies they will come and starvation will drive them to get what they can...... and they will die trying. Starvation is heady master and it's used, currently, with wide-sweeping success by rouge goverments, warloards, ethnic majorities, etc. to 'keep the peace' and to get their way. (eastern/central Africa and several middle eastern locals come to mind) They'll want food and they will kill themselves to possess it.

Something to think about.... No, it won't be like that everywhere, perhaps not at all, but it has to be considered.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    I only made it through the first video. I havent read all of the posts here either. I do have a few thoughts:

1. The security issue is important....no doubt. What he says (the threat) should be a chapter in everyone's "SHTF book". I doubt if the guy has any experience in post-SHTF raids, the confidence he displays is his opinion. Don't ask me why, but watching him in his video made me think he was not a thug, but maybe he (and others) made the video for some other reason?

2. Keeping quiet about your "stuff" is essential. No need in telegraphing it out to the community pre-SHTF. If they don't know you have "stuff" then you are not easily on their radar. Aside from that, I might or might not have my stuff on location, it might be somewhere else, good luck on finding my cache.

3. A good game-changer and edge would be night vision.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    "but watching him in his video made me think he was not a thug,"

I don't think he's a thug either. That is more apparent in one of the follow-up vids.

Actually I think he is Normalcy Biased and after having viewed some other Prepper Vids on YouTube - he has been hit with a realization that others ARE actively preparing for something - whereas he is not so....I think he is trying to mentally justify the fact that he is really NOT personally prepared for any catastrophic or emergency scenario.

I think that he is envisioning how others that are unprepared will get THEIRS by predatory taking so that he may be better mentally equipped to place himself into that role if the SHTF.

But, it's quite obvious that preying on others is something that would not come naturally to him and he is internally bothered by the thought of ever having to possibly do it at some future point in time.

OK...QKShooter Psychology 101 Class Is Over.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    "but watching him in his video made me think he was not a thug,"

I don't think he's a thug either. That is more apparent in one of the follow-up vids.

Actually I think he is Normalcy Biased and after having viewed some other Prepper Vids on YouTube - he has been hit with a realization that others ARE actively preparing for something - whereas he is not so....I think he is trying to mentally justify the fact that he is really NOT personally prepared for any catastrophic or emergency scenario.

I think that he is envisioning how others that are unprepared will get THEIRS by predatory taking so that he may be better mentally equipped to place himself into that role if the SHTF.

But, it's quite obvious that preying on others is something that would not come naturally to him and he is internally bothered by the thought of ever having to possibly do it at some future point in time.

OK...QKShooter Psychology 101 Class Is Over.
    Yes!!!! I agree.
    QKShooter likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Of course he's not a thug! That was a Brooks Brothers ball cap.

But it's apparent he is rationalizing behaviors. QKS Psych 101 for sure.

VIP Member
    Since we're back to the videos, I have to say that I don't think he's totally wrong. I've seen many post here that seem confident that shooting a couple of bad guys will make the threat go away. It may, but it isn't something you can rely on. What if the group that decides to raid you happens to be somewhat disciplined? Perhaps they've become somewhat battle hardened before they ever found you and your supplies. That group of 30 could have been 50 weeks ago!

Whether we like the messenger, or the message, isn't all that important. I think we can learn something by looking at any view of what a post-SHTF world will be simply because it tells us how they are likely to respond. If your group is only 4-5 people of which 2-3 are really trained to fight you may have some difficulties. That isn't to say that you don't stand a chance or cannot stack the odds in your favor, but it is something that should be thought about. My personal plans call for a somewhat larger group of people of which the majority have backgrounds that make them valuable in a fight. Of course, there are other areas where we fall short, and we know it. But we work often to correct that problem.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Links