Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by suntzu If that is state land it sounds like you guys are being the thugs by claiming it for yourself. If I ...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    If that is state land it sounds like you guys are being the thugs by claiming it for yourself. If I misunderstood then disregard.
    I took it to mean that his land was backed by state land.

2. Remove Ads

In one of the video's, Charlie mentions that he has more than 100 members of his family that will all united together and they can collect up a few guns (presumably so they can go out and "take" whatever they want). All I heard was that they have 100 hungry, unprepped mouths to feed. In the words of the great Jeff Cooper, having a weapon doesn't make you armed. Because Stankmouth and his family have a few guns, and may have been out can plinking a few times doesn't make a highly trained militia.

There are millions of americans that are also armed and have various levels of military, tactical, combat, hunting and even competition experience. Judging from some of the Survival and Prepper boards, a majority of them have put stockpiling ammo as a high priority as well. I think these "armed" street thugs are in for a rude awakening when they initiate a firefight with a heavily armed populous, defending their own property. I wonder just how much resolve he and his cousins will have after the first few conflicts... especially seeing members of his family getting wounded and killed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    I wonder just how much resolve he and his cousins will have after the first few conflicts... especially seeing members of his family getting wounded and killed.
    I agree and think it will quickly become apparent to gangs to bypass resistance and select softer targets. They'll take the path of least resistance, IOW they'll probe for the sheep.

During SHTF I'm sure that rumors will abound, and I'd hate to be a survivor labeled with a false rumor that I had a "giant underground gasoline tank", or "cases and cases of booze", or " a harem of young women". I'd rather be known as "the people who can shoot really well".
    Rock and Glock and wingryder like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I couldn't get past the first video. He does have a point about numbers though.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I agree and think it will quickly become apparent to gangs to bypass resistance and select softer targets. They'll take the path of least resistance, IOW they'll probe for the sheep.

During SHTF I'm sure that rumors will abound, and I'd hate to be a survivor labeled with a false rumor that I had a "giant underground gasoline tank", or "cases and cases of booze", or " a harem of young women". I'd rather be known as "the people who can shoot really well".

Yeah it will be much better to be "the people who will kill ya", than "the guy with the MRE's and guns"
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post

That is one of the reasons I like where I am. I am close enough in to the city that I believe groups coming out my way will be relatively inexperienced when they get in my area. I think that not having engaged in significant combat yet they will likely try to bypass us. As they get further out they will become more desensitized and willing to accept losses. It is my hope that by the time they have decided that bypassing my area may have been a mistake that they will have suffered sufficient losses and encountered enough hostility that they decide a return to my area to check on us is not worth their expected losses.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    If that is state land it sounds like you guys are being the thugs by claiming it for yourself. If I misunderstood then disregard.
    You do understand that all wilderness areas that are not privately or corporately owned, is either state or federal land. Right? That there is no such thing as unowned wilderness in the U.S.. Apparently you'd be surprised at what you would learn living away from the city. There are areas now that if you are not a member of the immediate community and the game warden catches you hunting regardless of what license, tags or permits you may have, you're going to jail or fined. Sure you may prove you were 100% legal but by than anything you bagged and hunting season will be long gone. Be glad you got your guns back. There have been gun fights over fishing holes, mushroom patches. Things will not get friendlier once SHTF and peoples lives depend upon those resources. As it does now for some folks.

Mine is not an individual decision, rather it is the consensus of the communities surrounding these wilderness areas. Because we understand there are limits on how many this land can sustain. Realistically I live well over 100 miles from the nearest high density population. The fact is very few will get to us. There are several small agricultural communities and towns in between us. How long do you think it will be before those communities start refusing the marauding desperate hordes from passing through their communities stripping all the resources they can find on their way through? How many of those communities are going to tolerate those bugging out, to the out lying wilderness areas of their community. In their ignorance stripping the land barren turning it into a waste land? Thereby depriving the locals, their friends and families of the resources they need to live. Most of the resources wasted destroyed because those bugging out cannot tell the difference between an edible or medicinal plant from a noxious one. Hell, city hunters can not tell the difference between a fat woman in a blue coat and a bear. Tell me how many wild edible and medicinal plants can you identify. Know when and how to harvest, prepare, store and use? My wife and daughters know enough to feed and heal us throughout each year. While leaving enough to propagate for next year and the year after, for us as well as the wildlife that also depends upon it. How many of those bugging out plant indigenous food plants on their fallow land to increase herd and flock size? How many raise their crops without harmful pesticides and fertilizer or paid thousands of extra for maximally efficient septic systems so that the water stays some of the most pristine in the nation? How many pay higher taxes and fees to assure that the local land fills dispose of toxic material in an environmentally sound manner, so that the water and land is protected? How many have gone out and fought the forest fires on that land? So, excatly what moral high ground entitles them to reap the benefit from our expense and efforts? At the cost of my families lives?

If SHTF there will be no state or federal land. Just as when this country was first settled those who used and defended the land were the owners. It was called homesteading. Most every large farm, ranch in existence today was established in that way.

Please explain to me why is it that those who plan on bugging out to land that they do not own, land they have done nothing for, have no connection to the land, are seen as rugged self sufficient survivors. But those who live there who take care of and nurture that very same land. Have done so for decades if not generations. Have used the resources to sustain themselves and their families are some kind of thugs for defending what they need to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by StarPD45 View Post
    I took it to mean that his land was backed by state land.
    Correct actually State land that adjoins Federal and National park.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Links