Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While some initial victories may be had there is always going to be casualties. Once his band of 30 is down to 24 and half ...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

VIP Member
    While some initial victories may be had there is always going to be casualties. Once his band of 30 is down to 24 and half of them are wounded and can't fight then what?

The other thing he doesn't seem to get is that there are no rules in a doomsday scenario. Who says I have to stay at home? Who says that the fight won't come to them during daylight hours? 1 man with a rifle could really work over a large group of thugs caught out in the open.

2. Remove Ads

How many Koreans did it take to stop the looters in LA?

Those that do make it out to the rural areas, though, will be "hardened" and able...

If they can band together with discipline, they will be a force to be reckoned with...

One of the reasons I liked One Second After... A very plausible situation in many ways. Community and structure, with good, planned defenses, can save a local population.

Otherwise, smaller groups, as in Patriots, will have to move about, and possibly loosely band together for mutual support.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I watched a little of the first video.My IQ started dropping. He speaks of crossing 15 acres to get to the home. What he is not thinking of are the things he and his posse might encounter crossing the property. If you know what I mean.
    Quite easy to arrange a few “gifts” to disorient and confuse them.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    I personally think that honest folks will be desperate but will cling together in increasingly large groups as time goes on... the "gangbangers" will quickly find themselves out numbered and outgunned... they will face isolation from legit organized co-ops and what ever governmental presence that is left... It seems that the "Call of Duty/Cop Killa" generation seems to think that mad max world is a sustainable existence... I don't think it is.
    That is two different generations. 20 or so year gap.

Anyhow, you make a good point that many would probably try to band together and just try to live life. Make it day to day and live with the hoodlums.
    QKShooter likes this.

Noticed he is not gathering supplies for himself. He is just speculating on how to get someone else's stuff.

One key to survival would be secrecy and remaining low key. NEVER let them know what you've got and they'll likely pass you by.
    QKShooter, Glhadiator and DaGunny like this.

I, for one, think he's right... and I'm off to find "A group of black folks" to "hang with". Here is what I'm thinking:

jackson-five.jpg
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    My opinion is that you may see some roving gangs in cities but few will venture out of the city. After all in a rural environment most will not have the survival skills to procure food, water, shelter or even care for themselves.
    I believe that the survival skills the gangs have involve preying on those that do have the skills to find food, water and shelter. Their skill is in being a predator.

Michael
    OD* and QKShooter like this.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I could only stomach a few minutes of the first vid.

He has a point that most of us preppers do not /seem/ to be planning for the long term, as in months and years.

Looks like opsec is holding.
    QKShooter and atctimmy like this.

I live in a rural community. My neighbors and I have discussed just such a situation. Considering every house around has deer rifles and the community stands together during every other crisis, it may not be as easy as homy thinks.

My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The people that live here wouldn't take long to organize into a defensive group. keeping Homie and his crew out. The trouble wont be in scratching out a substance living, it will be in getting life saving meds, and adjusting to life without the every day conveniences. You can only hoard so much TP!
    QKShooter likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I believe that the survival skills the gangs have involve preying on those that do have the skills to find food, water and shelter. Their skill is in being a predator.

Michael
    Very true but if you have a minimum of a 200-yard clear zone with several “party favors” they can trip, step or fall into like some guys in black pajamas were known to create they may decide better pickings are available elsewhere.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

His point is valid. In a TRUE SHTF scenario, you might be talking about hundreds of thousands in panic mode!
    It's all good to type on this forum about how that won't happen to you but in reality it will.
    You go ahead and think about how you will "fend off" those nasty critters looking for your stuff. Just remember that word will travel fast and it won't be long before an organized group of competent fighters knock your doors down.
    Laugh now but know this.... When the SHTF....and you are a prepper... Eventually someone will show up to relieve you of your stuff.. Period.
    Humans have been effectively killing each other since the dawn of time. That won't change in a SHTF scenario. One or two simply thrown Molotov cocktails can ruin all your years of prepping.
    At least the gene pool will be cleared up some once its over.
    QKShooter likes this.

What makes him think that when the meat supply is running low we might just be waiting for a fresh source to show up kinda like "Meals on Jordan's" as in tennis shoes.Nothing like a little dueling Banjo music being pumped thru speakers as they start advancing to thin the herd a little
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lawdy, I'd hate to live next door to this guy...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links