Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. - Page 4

Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Those aren't pavers in my driveway, they're Claymores. Bring your posse on!...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Those aren't pavers in my driveway, they're Claymores. Bring your posse on!
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Moderator
    One thing that will hinder many "preppers" in the fight for their lives is their adherence to life long rules. What many fail to understand or realize is that when the SHTF, there is one rule and one rule only...Survival of the fittest. Nothing else will matter, all law will become null and void.

When society as we know it collapses for any reason, there will be no law or order. Panic will be the rule, rather than the exception. Many people, if not most, will be behind the curve when this takes place and many will want to deny the horrors that they will encounter because it is human nature to do so.

The videos offer an insight to the expectations of some that will operate unhindered by the law. Rather than dismiss it as some gang banging talk, take the time to listen and learn about the the possible threats that one may not have thought of. As the warrior Sun Tzu often stated, the know and understand the enemy is the first step of learning how to defeat him.

We had a discussion about posting this thread in back in the Moderators room and whether it should even be posted or not. We knew that many would dismiss it as insignificant, we knew that some would refuse to believe that it could happen here in this country and we knew that some would just say that it was the talk of a gang banger that didn't matter.

It was posted to show how predators think and how they might act. If these series of videos gives anyone pause, if it causes anyone to think about possible scenarios that they might not have thought of, then it is well worth watching. Some great points are brought up and if an actual scenario were to occur, then maybe, just maybe, understanding what might happen before it does happen might actually save some lives.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; October 1st, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Just another reason to stockpile as much ammo as possible while we still can, and make sure we're well trained with our firearms in order to defend our homes and stored goods.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I think this gentleman is under the mistaken assumption that he is going to be on even ground when it comes to weapons. One prepper with an AR that they are well versed in can go through 60 people in less than 3 magazines. The prepper will also have a serious tactical advantage...the fight is taking place on THEIR turf. Anyone who is even half paying attention should not be caught off guard by a gang of 60+ people, you will have advance warning that they are coming. Let's assume they get inside the home, there are still choke points and the homeowner knows them and can take advantage...his gang theory might work on your average person with a couple of handguns, but if they run into anyone who is truly prepared there are going to be a lot of body bags needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    the fight is taking place on THEIR turf. Anyone who is even half paying attention should not be caught off guard by a gang of 60+ people, you will have advance warning that they are coming.
    +1

Wow...

Just another who only made it a few minutes into the first vid...

I'll clear a little time and finish at lunch today.

One thing that this genius hasn't considered and is obviously ignorant of...

That 15 acres that just "Uncle Jed" and "Timmy" will be defending against his "gang" or "clan"...

That's the same 15 acres that some Jed's and Timmy's have been hunting/fishing on for as long as they have been able to walk and carry a .22...

I don't feel sorry for the "clan" that shows up on my "15 acres" planning on harming my family.

They won't get the chance to learn what the definiton of "tactical advantage" is...

And as far as the assembling of a group together for the benefit/survival of all the members...

It's called a FAMILY in my neck of the woods; and they are more than just a couple of Jeds, Timmys, and Bufords.

I'll put it this way; my wife has over 100 FIRST cousins!

This situation kinda reminds me of the Patrick Swaze movie: Next of Kin.

Oh well... keep on keeping on dude...

And good luck!

You're gonna need it 'because that's all you're gonna have.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    I imagine Stankmouthcharlie and friends won't be amongst the living for long if and when the scenario he is so enthusiastically anticipating does indeed come to fruition. I might not be, either but hopefully it will not come as a result of my serious miscalculation of the new rules of engagement.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Just another reason to stockpile as much ammo as possible while we still can
    One thing to consider is that while the help of others, such as your neighbors will be necessary, how many of them have weapons and training? How would you arm the community for defense?
    In the fictional shtf books I have read, there is always a supply available. I think that this would be an issue.
    Also, the above comment about there being no rules, save one, is a very sobering thought. One that I am sure doesn't come easy to many and will cause some to pause.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    One thing to consider is that while the help of others, such as your neighbors will be necessary, how many of them have weapons and training? How would you arm the community for defense?
    In the fictional shtf books I have read, there is always a supply available. I think that this would be an issue.
    Also, the above comment about there being no rules, save one, is a very sobering thought. One that I am sure doesn't come easy to many and will cause some to pause.
    Guess I really do live in a bubble...

I know that your questions were probably meant to address a general audience, but I'll give my answers.

1. How many of your group have weapons and training?

All of 'em. (to some degree or another) Even those In-Laws and the Fee-Males.

2. How would the group be armed?

Already are.

I'm willing to bet... no, no bet necessary... there ARE more firearms in my family and extended family than there are people.

tcox4freedom and wingryder like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

One of the few country songs I like is by Hank Williams Jr.

A country boy can survive.

The preacher man says itís the end of time
    And the Mississippi River sheís a goiní dry
    The interest is up and the Stock Markets down
    And you only get mugged
    If you go down town

I live back in the woods, you see
    A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me
    I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
    And a country boy can survive
    Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long
    I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn
    We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too
    Ainít too many things these ole boys canít do
    We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine

Because you canít starve us out
    And you cant makes us run
    Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
    And we say grace and we say Maíam
    And if you ainít into that we donít give a damn

We came from the West Virginia coalmines
    And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies
    And we can skin a buck; we can run a trout line

I had a good friend in New York City
    He never called me by my name, just hillbilly
    My grandpa taught me how to live off the land
    And his taught him to be a businessman
    He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
    And Iíd send him some homemade wine

But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
    For 43 dollars my friend lost his life
    Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
    And shoot him with my old 45
    Cause a country boy can survive

Cause you canít starve us out and you canít make us run
    Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
    And we say grace and we say Maíam
    And if you ainít into that we donít give a damn

Weíre from North California and south Alabam
    And little towns all around this land
    And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

That doesn't totally sum it up for me; but pretty darn close!

USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    One thing that will hinder many "preppers" in the fight for their lives is their adherence to life long rules. What many fail to understand or realize is that when the SHTF, there is one rule and one rule only...Survival of the fittest. Nothing else will matter, all law will become null and void.

When society as we know it collapses for any reason, there will be no law or order. Panic will be the rule, rather than the exception. Many people, if not most, will be behind the curve when this takes place and many will want to deny the horrors that they will encounter because it is human nature to do so.

The videos offer an insight to the expectations of some that will operate unhindered by the law. Rather than dismiss it as some gang banging talk, take the time to listen and learn about the the possible threats that one may not have thought of. As the warrior Sun Tzu often stated, the know and understand the enemy is the first step of learning how to defeat him.

We had a discussion about posting this thread in back in the Moderators room and whether it should even be posted or not. We knew that many would dismiss it as insignificant, we knew that some would refuse to believe that it could happen here in this country and we knew that some would just say that it was the talk of a gang banger that didn't matter.

It was posted to show how predators think and how they might act. If these series of videos gives anyone pause, if it causes anyone to think about possible scenarios that they might not have thought of, then it is well worth watching. Some great points are brought up and if an actual scenario were to occur, then maybe, just maybe, understanding what might happen before it does happen might actually save some lives.
    It's true that many will be behind the curve when operating under a society with the absence of any laws. However, it's also true that the thugs today are used to operating in a battlefield where they are the only ones not hindered by the laws that tend to make the law-abiding more vulnerable.

When we aren't quibbling over whether a knife armed assailant at 20 feet is considered a legal threat to one's life, and instead are picking off targets at 200 yards, the roving bands are going to have a much more difficult time with their assaults on large tracts of land.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; October 1st, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

How does anyone know I stock lol? This is the first question lol. My neighbors have no idea what I have or don't have. Bragging is not always the best thing.

I don't think many realize how bad things would get. There are those that care about others no matter how bad things are. They would join and take care of each other and try to protect the group. There are those, yes they might be the nice man or woman who lives next door, who would do what they had to do to protect and or provide for their self and their family. Do you really think they would care who they had to kill or take from to do this? Just as there would be groups to protect the community there would be groups who would do anything to take from others. These groups could be one in the same.

There have always been takers and there have always been builders. This would not change.

I do have to agree with the gentleman in the video that we would have to join together. Not so much to combine our supply's but to combine our numbers. People do have to sleep. People do have to rest. People do get sick. With numbers we have people to do one thing while others do another. Not everyone coming after what we have are unorganized. Not everyone wanting what we have doesn't know how to shoot.

This may be something many don't think about and, I am sure, many don't want to think about. There are going to be groups of people others do not want in their groups. We all think about getting great grandmother and great grandfather and protecting them, heck they might shoot better than we do. We are going to add Uncle Ed who isn't all there, and how about cousin Eddie who is disabled. How about our son who isn't the sharpest knife in the knife drawer. Don't forget the daughter who is a druggie. There are people who are not going to want to " waste " the supply's on these people.

How about someone like me. I am almost 50. I don't look 20 anymore and sure am not built like I was at 20 lol. I am not the woman men are going to want to fight over to protect and claim lol. I can't have children anymore. Lets be serious, even if we don't want to see this type of thing. Not everyone is going to be wanted into the group. Old men, lol, you think oh I can produce children until I am 90. This is the real world, we all know about how children can come out from older people. We are going to want future children to be as healthy as possible and good breeding stock isn't us lol. We may well be wanted around until there is no use for us.

I think there are some who aren't going to care who we are. We join and we protect. This is the kind of people we are. I also think there are going to be some who wouldn't give a crust of bread to an old timer let alone an antibiotic to a mentally disabled person.

I really think there is more to think about than do I have a gun and can I use it. What kind of person am I REALLY? What do I hold dear and I mean more than our loved ones? The sign of a great person is not those that are protectors under sunshine but those that are protectors during the storm.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    It's true that many will be behind the curve when operating under a society with the absence of any laws. However, it's also true that the thugs today are used to operating in a battlefield where they are the only ones not hindered by the laws that tend to make the law-abiding more vulnerable.

When we aren't quibbling over whether a knife armed assailant at 20 feet is considered a legal threat to one's life, and instead are picking off targets at 200 yards, the roving bands are going to have a much more difficult time with their assaults on large tracts of land.
    Are you saying those famous South Carolina "beanfield" deer rifles might serve other purposes?

Surely you jest sir!

USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Still just thoughts from the first half of the first video...

It's amazing how this guys assumptions/ignorance really glare.

I'm glad he assumes that my "stockpile" of food and ammo is in my house...

Makes for a good diversion.

And maybe he should drive through the country sometime and see Mother Nature's "stockpile"...

They're called fields, forests, rivers, and lakes.

That 15 acres needs to have a few zeros added to be more accurate!

It's amazing how many different types of food you can make from soybeans, rice, and fish.

And, yes, it will be much more difficult to cultivate a food plot that size without fossil fuels; but if ultimate SHTF scenario occurs I'm thinking that I'll have a little more time to devote to farming as the auto-repair business will most likely be in a "dry spell".

tcox4freedom and msgt/ret like this.
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

A quick video response to the joker in question and then I'll calm down...

Just kinda popped in my head.

USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

I made a general comment based on the previous posts, but didn't actually watch the videos. However, after watching the videos, I gotta admit that about 95% of what this guy is saying accurate IMO and well worth watching just to get your mind thinking about SHTF organization of personnel in addition to resources. He doesn't discourage stockpiling, he's discouraging stockpiling and having a plan that doesn't go beyond holing up in your residence until your stores are depleted.

The point was not that "my group of gangbangers from the city will take your redneck stockpiles", it was that everybody needs numbers to protect their resources and to forage for additional resources. If your family is prepared, but alone, you aren't just vulnerable to the "roving bands of gangbangers" - you are vulnerable to any group around you, even your neighbors, if they become desperate enough for your resources and have assembled the numbers necessary to take them by force.

Many of us have said that our ammo stockpiles far exceed any foreseeable scenario that would allow us to survive long enough to expend it all. This guy is just discussing a something that should be factored into any preparation in order to lengthen that survival time.

There's an old Army saying:
    "An Army of Jackasses led by a Lion is infinitely more effective than an army of Lions led by a Jackass."

What this guy is saying is that either of those Armies in large numbers is more effective than just 1, 2 or even 5 Lions.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links