Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

This is a discussion on Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Administrator

Post Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

OD*
    I'm afraid many won't have the stomach for all the killin' their survival will require.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I see a lot less moral ambiguity in "Doomsday".
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

Administrator
    NOTICE TO ALL -
    Please keep your comments civil while paying attention to the rules on our forum rules page.
    This is posted to provoke serious thought with regard to how events may possibly "go down" in an actual SHTF scenario.
    It may not even be a major cataclysmic event that triggers the creation of roving bands IN LARGE NUMBERS.
    It is a possibility that needs to be considered.

This would be an actual "street wise" perspective from a man offering his point of view as to how desperate and hungry people will gather together in large numbers in order to gain "strength in numbers" advantage over those who are more prepared but, of lesser numbers.

It WILL be eye opening for many who have given it all some thought but, probably NOT enough thought.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've only watched the first half of the first part.

He ain't ready... He's gonna get with his people and hang out... And his weapons are gonna multiply... And 20 of his assembly, is gonna come up my driveway. And my stuff is gonna be his stuff...

Last time I saw an assembly of his posse, they were all waiting on the dole, in the superdome...

There was little organization in the hordes that were looting, either.

Those are my first thoughts...I might waste my time watching some more... But I doubt my opinion will change.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It seems that the "we gonna take what's yours" is already the social norm. I don't see much difference in the PAW. Other than the government won't be feeding them anymore but they won't be standing in our way to defend ourselves either.

VIP Member
    My opinion is that you may see some roving gangs in cities but few will venture out of the city. After all in a rural environment most will not have the survival skills to procure food, water, shelter or even care for themselves.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Any Cliff notes? 37 minutes of video exceeds my ADD limit by about a half hour.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member
    I'll partner up with 30 or 40 people and we'll plan to meet at a particular place when the SHTF and bring our supplies...

oh wait.. every one of those 30 or 40 people brought a couple of friends with them... So.. we plan for 30 or 40 and now we've got 100 or 120, with no chain of command, difficulty communicating accurate information, too many people for the supplies on hand and we've lost the advantages of stealth and mobility. While there's something to be said for strength in numbers, there are some situations where a well trained squad is more appropriate than an uncoordinated platoon.

... just sayin'
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    My opinion is that you may see some roving gangs in cities but few will venture out of the city. After all in a rural environment most will not have the survival skills to procure food, water, shelter or even care for themselves.
    Not too sure about that. At least I would not underestimate a city boy. I saw many folks (the majority) in rural New England that could not live off the land. Many "city folk" aren't Dapper Dans anymore and have hunted, camped out, prior military service (for some that woould matter, others not), or like me..grew up in the Greater Boston area but went camping, hunting, hiking, horseback riding as a youth.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Homey is going to be for a big shock. But he is welcome to keep on believing what ever he wants.
    You have to feed large numbers of people hard to do when the piggly wiggly is brunt to the ground.
    Large bands of bad boys will turn on each other in a heart beat over a meal. Won't have to worry about killing them they will do each other in.

Administrator
    Well, one of his points being that there are not going to be 20 armed knuckleheads who can't shoot coming up the driveway.

But, that there may be 60 or more knuckleheads (who cannot shoot) overwhelming structures at night - and that if there are only 3 or 4 or 5 inside those structures they will suffer an onslaught of sheer numbers of hungry armed knuckleheads who will win out just by their numbers.

In other words creating an indefensible situation by only a small group of the "prepared" - But, I DO agree that much of their success will be determined by how effective their leaders are.

But, it is an established fact that already existing gangs of all races and nationalities do have effective leadership as demonstrated by how successful they have been at distributing/selling drugs and perpetrating other gang related crimes against society.

Also remember that we are a wealthy nation filled with lots of STUFF - edible and otherwise. So initially there WILL be enough food resources but, in a breakdown of structured society MUCH of the initial pillaging will be either "just for fun" - "to get more stuff" or just because there is nothing to prevent it.

But, then as food and "life necessity" resources begin to dwindle many of the "strongest" urban survivors will gravitate out of the cities to the burbs and then further out...either out of necessity or because the cities will be the first powder kegs.

I personally think that honest folks will be desperate but will cling together in increasingly large groups as time goes on... the "gangbangers" will quickly find themselves out numbered and outgunned... they will face isolation from legit organized co-ops and what ever governmental presence that is left... It seems that the "Call of Duty/Cop Killa" generation seems to think that mad max world is a sustainable existence... I don't think it is. Even refugees have leadership and discipline. Those that are even reasonably prepared will trump those that are not prepared at all.

IMO, the most difficult decisions will be the "lifeboat ethics" of denying decent people access to your supplies... not the marauding bands of thugs. It will be tough to deny an honest stranger some necessary medicine when your own child needs it.

Additionally, I think that there are so many of us honest folk that have all sorts of military training that will overshadow unorganized and undisciplined gangs. I think that may of us old vets would be happy to share whatever skills we still have to overpower lawlessness

Some pretty good thoughts here.......what happens in Week One......Two..........Three...........Five........ ........Eight..........Twelve.................Twen tyfour............

While some tactics and strategies may work fine in the first few weeks, have we thought past that?

Will it evolve faster than we anticipate? More slowly?

A lot of unanswered questions.

Of course, our LEO out here are pretty rugged folk too.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I watched a little of the first video.My IQ started dropping. He speaks of crossing 15 acres to get to the home. What he is not thinking of are the things he and his posse might encounter crossing the property. If you know what I mean.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links