Camp ground hassles!

This is a discussion on Camp ground hassles! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I must ask...what part of the State were you in? I just got back from Pecos and have to say it was an enjoyable time ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camp ground hassles!

I must ask...what part of the State were you in? I just got back from Pecos and have to say it was an enjoyable time away. Unfortunately, our state has an alcohol problem that is far too prevelant. Many think camping is a great time to get drunk and create havok.

Good job in this situation, you family and your safety is priority. I am sure I would have had trouble walking away, but it is the best thing to do. I think we all would like to punch someone acting like that, but we are better than that. Well....most of the time.

2. Remove Ads

cj
    Gah! I HATE when people equate camping with drinking. I think you did good, and I'd have done the same in that situation. That type of encounter leaves a bad taste in your mouth, and I'd have had trouble sleeping not knowing what a bunch of drunks might convince themselves to do later that night.

My own experience with camping with some 'nature lovers' from work who got absolutely sloshed on our camping trip at Laguna Seca (the speedway and camping area) resulted in them driving down to the speedway, getting pissed that they couldn't get their car on the track, so breaking in and running around on foot the rest of the night. I couldn't get out of there fast enough after finding this out.

Imagine all the potential problems, intended or otherwise, your neighbors might have caused. Good call from my point of view.

koolguy,

We were in the Gila area of South West NM. Beautiful camping most of the time. Alcolhol is a real problem in our state and will probably continue for some time. I drink but I never get drunk, and feel public intoxication is repulsive.

As far as leaving that was a personal call and there are several here that wouldn't have left, but the evening was ruined for us and staying just to stay wouldn't have served any purpose, and at 60 I am getting too old for this kind of crap. It is a shame that when folks leave there home and go to a place like a camp ground that they leave there brains at home too.

Tim

Senior Moderator
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'll Double That...

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The Gila is beautiful. It is really too bad they ruined your trip. I used to drive through Quemado, Reserve, and Silver City. Right through the heart of the Gila, that area is a special place! I hope your next trip turns out better!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links