What 'condition white' looks like

This is a discussion on What 'condition white' looks like within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oakchas Is it just me (or was the video edited to look like)? The video seemed to zoom in on the victim ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What 'condition white' looks like

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Is it just me (or was the video edited to look like)? The video seemed to zoom in on the victim and the criminals.
    A local ABC news affiliate carried the story/video first... so it is legit. They pulled the video down... probably because of how racial the comments became.
    They have a follow-up article that mentions that a 15 year-old was arrested and charged with simple assault.
    Boy, 15, charged in street attack on Pittsburgh CAPA teacher | WTAE News - WTAE Home
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Aside from turning and walking the other direction, I don't see what the victim could have done to prevent this or know it was coming. Could we as CCers and OCers shoot someone for an unarmed attack or even draw our weapon under some states laws?

I can guarantee his SA will be much better from now on.

If I can quote what an electrician said to me when I got electrocuted for touching a live wire in front of him.

"That there is what we in the business call a learning experience!"
    Brad426 and gottabkiddin like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    1) I'm glad that people helped him after the attack

2) He's a teacher near his school, he walks past groups of young men everyday

3)I will grant you that eye contact might have prevented the attack but it is never the victims fault. A beautiful young woman should be able to walk around anyplace in our country wearing a nothing but a bikini made out of gold chains and not be molested or subjected to any improper behavior.

It is sad that human nature has not evolved beyond the level of brute strength and that honor is not seen as a virtue. Human nature is as it has always been , and those who have honor act honorably and those who have no self respect can only feel worthy by make someone else feel pain and humiliation.
    Brad426 and Glhadiator like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Yeah! served him well to trust the "student" didn't it?
    Well obviously not, but blame the "student" and not the teacher/victim just because he wasn't at Condition Orange in a situation that he is probably in dozens of times a day.
    Last edited by Brad426; October 10th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Lesson here:

Sometimes when you see a group that looks like a bunch of thugs walking down an alley, your instincts are correct.
    skew12 and Doodle like this.

The punk/punks should have been gasping for air and trying like hell to clear the tears from their eyes thanks to the OC spray that the guy should have had in his jacket pocket. That, and a good measure of SA would have provided a totally different outcome given a chance. I've stopped feeling so sorry for most of the folks out there that refuse to take logical defensive measures to protect themselves. That punk would do good to have received one heck of a beat down for assaulting the guy, but as it stands now, if he ends up getting away with it, he'll surly do it again and possibly even kill the next poor sucker that he slugs. A knockout can easily end in death byway of the fall to the ground, head first. If I was that teacher, at a minimum I'd carry a cane and I'd learn how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    A local ABC news affiliate carried the story/video first... so it is legit. They pulled the video down... probably because of how racial the comments became.They have a follow-up article that mentions that a 15 year-old was arrested and charged with simple assault. Boy, 15, charged in street attack on Pittsburgh CAPA teacher | WTAE News - WTAE Home
    Glad they caught the little wannabe thug. Simple assault, what a joke. IMO, Assaults like that should carry a stiffer penalty, just for the sheer brutal nature of the act.
    oneshot likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I know the area well. Happens almost daily but to other students. It's where the have nots take from those who do have (money and their expensive electronics).

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Police said the suspect's parents brought him to the Zone 2 police station to be interviewed Tuesday. They said the other people in the video will not be charged.
    That is just wrong, the whole six-pack of thugs should be charged equally. They would make good candidates for the return of the stocks from Colonial times, bend them over, lock them down and provide a limber switch or paddle so passerby’s may administer a bit of correction.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This example is a result of a lack of teaching at home. It's not a surprise that all of the straight-F students are hanging out in this video. I think a good SA and gottabkiddin's OC spray may have helped.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Kid needs a lesson in manners,public flogging should do since all the Dr Spock huggy feely crap didn't
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I would charge that kid with attempted murder or felony assault the very least. I would sue his parents and garnish their wages for damages and hospital bills.

I know many here say they would call 911 and be a good witness but I can't believe nobody went after that kid or at least followed them! There were at least three people that could have went after him. A perfect case of where physical force would have been justified for a citizen to detain and use force. Maybe deadly force!

At least here in Kentucky anyway.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

3)I will grant you that eye contact might have prevented the attack but it is never the victims fault. A beautiful young woman should be able to walk around anyplace in our country wearing a nothing but a bikini made out of gold chains and not be molested or subjected to any improper behavior.

It is sad that human nature has not evolved beyond the level of brute strength and that honor is not seen as a virtue. Human nature is as it has always been , and those who have honor act honorably and those who have no self respect can only feel worthy by make someone else feel pain and humiliation.
    Amen.

What the video didn't show was the quick 'on the spot' trial and caning needed right then and there.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

I could not agree more. I hear people say, "She shouldn't have been walking around dressed like that." Or, "If you're gonna walk thru there you deserve it."

I despise predators. They lack honor and are cowards. They prey on the vulnerable. Many years ago I put myself into a vulnerable situation and was lucky to have survived it. And you know what pgrass101? You're right, it wasn't my fault I was victimized. I had every right to be where I was.

This teacher had every right to be where he was. He was doing no wrong by carrying the stuff in the manner that he was.

I don't think I should have the need to take self defense classes or carry a gun. I hate that I need to constantly assess my SA. I get tired of that fear in the pit of my stomach when my granddaughter is late getting home from school. I too am saddened by Human nature. It bothers me that there are people that think these brutal thugs are victims themselves! I feel powerless to do anything about it. My only recourse is to employ any and all means to protect myself and my family so we don't become victims.

But it is NEVER the fault of the victim regardless of the conditions that make them a vulnerable target. I wish that I lived in a world where Honor was a virtue had by all and Respect was given and received appropriately.
    ccw9mm, tundra and Jeanlouise like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links