What 'condition white' looks like - Page 3

What 'condition white' looks like

This is a discussion on What 'condition white' looks like within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ericb327 I would charge that kid with attempted murder or felony assault the very least. I would sue his parents and garnish ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What 'condition white' looks like

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I would charge that kid with attempted murder or felony assault the very least. I would sue his parents and garnish their wages for damages and hospital bills.

I know many here say they would call 911 and be a good witness but I can't believe nobody went after that kid or at least followed them! There were at least three people that could have went after him. A perfect case of where physical force would have been justified for a citizen to detain and use force. Maybe deadly force!

At least here in Kentucky anyway.
    In all seriousness, no thanks. The "be a good witness" part doesn't mean that I'm going to sit there and watch the helpless guy on the ground either. I think my priority would be to help him if I could. I think your scenario you would end up having to use deadly force because a group of animals like that isn't going to just back down and apologize and...well, we all know how it goes sometimes, even in a stand your ground state. On the other hand, if the group came back and confronted me, they'd be in trouble. I just think the odds of turning the situation into a tragic one by following them by myself would be very high. And by tragic, I mean either I get killed or I'm forced into using deadly force. I want neither. JMO given these circumstances.

I do agree with you on what this punk should be charged with and that his parents should have their public assistance taken from them until it equals the hospital bills. Presumptuous I know, but I'm just playing the odds given the behavior.
    pgrass101 and oneshot like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Gunning down one or more 'unharmed' teenagers would not go well for the shooter (especially if there was no video camera recording the event.)
    Luckily, there's a rule of law called disparity of force to cover such situations - those teens were as big as he is.

Just read on a newspaper web site they arrested the guy who did the punching. 15 yr old kid.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Administrator
    They asked him WHY he did it & the answer that he gave....get ready....."He was having a bad day."

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    They asked him WHY he did it & the answer that he gave....get ready....."He was having a bad day."
    I hope he gets a judge and jury that's having a bad day, the little puke!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

He needs to be shown what a bad day REALLY is.
    The easy way is always mined.

Wow! Then I guess WHEN this chump goes to prison some day, he will throw blows the whole time he's in there. His problem will be that there are usually a few others in there who are also having bad days, and lots of 'em.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    So we've come to the point where we second guess everyone to the level that we're saying we'll pepper spray people just because there's a few of them walking down an alley? Really? Because until the very moment of the attack that's all it was, a group of kids in an alley. They'd done nothing that would justify any use of force at all. Doing anything would make the victim the aggressor and guilty of assault himself.

Sure, he could have moved over. He could have been more aware. He could have taken a different route. But in the end he was attacked with no warning simply because someone was within arm's reach of him. If you're able to go through life without someone ever being close enough to sucker punch you I'm impressed. I'd guess there have been 10-12 times it could have happened to me today, and I'm pretty aware of what is going on around me. But until we change the laws and allow us to use force to keep a personal comfort zone around us there's not a whole lot I can do to avoid it.
    pgrass101 and CaveJohnson like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I suspect the thug gave off some kind of "tell" at some point before it happened and the victim might have intercepted, if not prevented, the attack if he'd had a modicum of training.

Regarding letting people into your personal space, yes we all do it pretty much daily, but there should be (and usually is) some sort of assessment process going on all the time. Frequently we are not even consciously aware we are doing it, yet we do. The problem is maintaining a level of alertness in what has become a routine activity. Routine is comforting and tends to take you out of Condition Yellow and into white.

There are ways of keeping an eye on a group like that passing by without seeming paranoid. Simply making eye contact and issuing a greeting, then maintaining a half-turned stance a moment or two longer while they pass by gives you an edge that could mean the difference between being chosen or not.

Regarding the attack itself, that does look very much like "knock out" and that is a very dangerous type of blow to the head. Properly done, the impact point is the juncture of the top of the neck and the base of the skull and it can be a killing strike, especially if done with a weapon. The attack is actually to the top of the spine where it connects to the brain. Luckily for the victims, the most common delivery I've seen being used by the thugs involves coming up behind the person and punching while they are moving away; not the most effective delivery.

Administrator
    JUST F.Y.I.

This incident is the first time that I have heard of this being done in Pittsburgh.

Actually the 15 year old kid WAS NOT just "having a bad day" as he had stated.

This scenario is actually a GAME - It is called: Spot & Drop.

And the idea is for the gang of youth to "Spot" a likely innocent victim (male or even female) and then one member of the gang attempts to "Drop" that person with one well placed punch to the face or head.

They ALL should be charged as Adults and not just the kid that did the actual slugging because they all knew that it was going to happen.

It was a planned assault with an attempt to knock a person down and render that innocent person unconsious with one hard blow to the head.
    Brass63 and Jeanlouise like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Hoganbeg, from watching I'm not sure that the target was the top of the spine. It appears to be a brachial stun which targets a nerve bundle. Pretty effective strike if you manage to get it in without being blocked, which the sucker punch allows. Usually it won't knock someone out but it does disrupt the use of the left side of the body pretty regularly. Results can be seen at about 38 seconds into this clip.

- Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Good call Echo_Four. You could be right, although the Brachial Plexus is usually and most easily attacked from the front not the rear. The attacks to the BP I'm familiar with from the rear involve hooking in and down with the fingers, or slightly turning the person's body to permit a direct strike. And of course there is the old "Spock Pinch". I've never seen anyone knocked out (or made to pass out, which is different) from it, but as you say, it can certainly drop someone and interrupt control of one side of their body. Just can't tell enough from the video to be sure.

VIP Member
    OK, I'll come clean. I'm not sure which strike was used, but it gave me an excuse to link a video that I think is hilarious. The dude could have just fallen due to surprise of being struck and managed to knock himself out when he hit the ground from all I can really tell in the video. But it does appear to me that he was hit more to the side of the head/neck than the rear- which is what made me think of the brachial stun in the first place.
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    So we've come to the point where we second guess everyone to the level that we're saying we'll pepper spray people just because there's a few of them walking down an alley? Really? Because until the very moment of the attack that's all it was, a group of kids in an alley. They'd done nothing that would justify any use of force at all. Doing anything would make the victim the aggressor and guilty of assault himself.

Sure, he could have moved over. He could have been more aware. He could have taken a different route. But in the end he was attacked with no warning simply because someone was within arm's reach of him. If you're able to go through life without someone ever being close enough to sucker punch you I'm impressed. I'd guess there have been 10-12 times it could have happened to me today, and I'm pretty aware of what is going on around me. But until we change the laws and allow us to use force to keep a personal comfort zone around us there's not a whole lot I can do to avoid it.
    I want some of what you're smokin.....
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

VIP Member
    I'm so sickened by what we've become. Where does this end and how do we turn it around? Seriously, these "kids" will probably produce 4 or 5 more just like themselves. Then they will produce 4 or 5 like them and it goes on and on until decent people are outnumbered by the millions.

More and more people on public assistance and dependent on the very people they have such distain for. I'm generally an optimistic person but things like this are so discouraging. Everyone should have the right to walk down an alley and not be attacked. It's been going on for a long time and keeps getting worse, not better.

We'll see tomorrow which way it goes and have a better idea of what's ahead.
    K7lvo likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links