Not-so-politically-correct In California

This is a discussion on Not-so-politically-correct In California within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No question where this guy stands: Fed up neighbor: 'You hit my kid, you will be shot' | Local & Regional News | Bakersfield Now ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Not-so-politically-correct In California

VIP Member
    darbo likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    It would be a lot easier to just leave old 2x4s in the road.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    It would be a lot easier to just leave old 2x4s in the road.
    Perhaps, but that really is illegal.
    goldshellback and goldmaster like this.
    Tuco

Ya know...... as a dad and a grand-dad, I understand! 2x4's in the road are illegal, a sign threatening death isn't. I'm with momma and daddy on this one.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I like to roll empty baby carriages on a rope out in front of speeding cars, then yank them back at the last minute so I'm not creating a road hazard. That's safer than 2x4s.

Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    I like to roll empty baby carriages on a rope out in front of speeding cars, then yank them back at the last minute so I'm not creating a road hazard. That's safer than 2x4s.
    That's kinda evil... I like it!

VIP Member
    I've been to Bakersfield many times (inlaws lived there once). I've heard similar comments in other neighborhoods there about speeders, those nice smooth streets are very tempting.

One thing about it, their sign has attracted a lot of attention toward the neighborhood speeder situation.

It's interesting though, there are speed limit signs in place that regulate the speed limit, but some people are ignoring those signs. Does that sound familiar?
    9MMare likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I've been to Bakersfield many times (inlaws lived there once). I've heard similar comments in other neighborhoods there about speeders, those nice smooth streets are very tempting.

One thing about it, their sign has attracted a lot of attention toward the neighborhood speeder situation.

It's interesting though, there are speed limit signs in place that regulate the speed limit, but some people are ignoring those signs. Does that sound familiar?
    But if the Federal Government made a law, making them "Speed Free Zones" everyone would obey them.
    ep1953, CPanther95 and ppkheat like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    He could always set up a sound system in his yard. Get a recording of a .50 cal machine gun being fired, then wait for a speeder. I'm sure that would get their attention.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

It might also just be that the sign itself calls attention to one's speed. People tend to not even register speed limit signs sometimes.

I think the sign could be just as effective without the threat and different wording....not to mention it's just one more thing that makes gun owners look 'extreme.'

(Seriously, do you think anyone speeding down the street thinks they'll get shot?)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I grew up in Bakersfieldand know the mindset too well. I wouldn't take it as a threat. It looks more like a psychic omen to me. Just Sayin'
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    It might also just be that the sign itself calls attention to one's speed. People tend to not even register speed limit signs sometimes.

I think the sign could be just as effective without the threat and different wording....not to mention it's just one more thing that makes gun owners look 'extreme.'

(Seriously, do you think anyone speeding down the street thinks they'll get shot?)
    His sign was clear. His intent is clear. People can govern themselves accordingly.
    Tuco

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    That "invisible rope" trick looks like a mind blower, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    His sign was clear. His intent is clear. People can govern themselves accordingly.
    What does that mean? Who is governing themselves? Do you think drivers believe they will be shot? Or that the sign owner is serious about shooting speeders?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links