Oh no - another shooting. (multiple merges)

This is a discussion on Oh no - another shooting. (multiple merges) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's just more proof that being nice and sticking your head in the sand does not deter criminals. They don't see your head in the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh no - another shooting. (multiple merges)

It's just more proof that being nice and sticking your head in the sand does not deter criminals. They don't see your head in the sand to mean that it's a crime free zone. It's truly tragic that this happened. I'm not sure if it's better that he took his own life, or worse that he took his own life and no one there get's to see him answer for what he did.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    The details coming out on this one are just unbelievable, tying the girls up and shooting them execution style. I hate to say it, but I'm sure glad this guy also killed himself, if was ever anyone who didn't deserve a trial.........

I also have a big fear at what this is going to do to handgun laws, the "Bradys" will come out of the woodwork,
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

This story overtook news that was on CNN earlier in the mornign toward a person who walked into a public school n Las Vegas with an AK47 only to be chased out and into a residential community on foot by school security. Residents were advised by police to not leave their homes while LV SWAT was doing a home to home search.
    It was the top item for news along with the Foley story untill the Lancaster incident was picked up at around 11AM.
    I've had CNN on in my office all day and they have made no further mention toward the LV situation since roughly noon.

The world is a ghetto.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Does this sadden me.....definately.
    Does this surprise me.....not in the least. -------

Alittle balance. 7 people were killed in Seattle last night in 3 seperate car accidents caused by drunk drivers. They make a big deal about guns and harly mention the people who drink then go out on the roads and kill people with their cars.

VIP Member
    What can one say when one can hardly believe?

Prayers for comfort for all of the families of the children, and for this deranged man's family as well.

I fear it can still get much worse, before it ever gets better.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    This story overtook news that was on CNN earlier in the mornign toward a person who walked into a public school n Las Vegas with an AK47 only to be chased out and into a residential community on foot by school security. Residents were advised by police to not leave their homes while LV SWAT was doing a home to home search.
    It was the top item for news along with the Foley story untill the Lancaster incident was picked up at around 11AM.
    I've had CNN on in my office all day and they have made no further mention toward the LV situation since roughly noon.

The world is a ghetto.

- Janq

Janq, is this the story?

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=5484539

Senior Moderator
    Words just fail - I don't know what to say - this is simply terrible.

Is this another slaughter in an unarmed people?

How Many More...

shootings will it take before this society wakes up? The squirrels are definitely coming out of the trees...
    We are living in SAD days!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Suicide perps can't be stopped from starting their crimes. Their crimes can only be stopped more-quickly. One obvious way: fill the "field" with "mines." In other words, armed citizens trained to be accurate, decisive and focused like a laser beam on perps-in-action like this. 20 million of them, in every town across the country. An armed protection force. An armed citizenry, against audacious perps who value nothing but their final 15mins of fame. The goal? Reduce it to 1min or less, every time.

May the bleeding hearts who subsequently call for yet more disarming of honorable citizens choke on their tongues as they approach the microphones, sufficiently long for the outcry of the wronged to be heard. Long enough for something good to come of this. For the ostriches to remove their heads from their collective lesiglating arses. May it happen just that way.

Peel off $10B of the $30B "Homeland" security dept. Sweep away the various self-defense laws, and the use-of-force laws, replacing it with a relatively simple, straightforward law for armed concealed/open carry by trained, law-abiding citizens: train, carry, defend, be evaluated by a board of judges on each and every "shoot", be held accountable for bad "shoots", disallow suing by perps. The cash to cover medical bills for injuries to bystanders, training for another 100K police officers, training for any citizen wanting 2wks of immersion training and periodic refresher training on the use of force. A bit rough on the edges, but anything's better than what we've got now.

A pox on us all, if we merely sit on our collective thumbs while another hundred such shootings occur. The meek will inherit the earth? Baloney.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; October 3rd, 2006 at 12:28 AM. Reason: grammar police got me
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have heard bits of this story throughout the day. Now that I am home I logged on to FOX News and this line caught my attention...

"Miller said, he apparently picked the school because it was close by, there were girls there, and it had little or no security."

(Emphasis added mine, Miller is the State Police Commissioner).

Need I say more?!?

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Suicide perps can't be stopped from starting their crimes. Their crimes can only be stopped more-quickly. One obvious way: fill the "field" with "mines." In other words, armed citizens trained to be accurate, decisive and focused like a laser beam on perps-in-action like this. 20 million of them, in every town across the country. An armed protection force. An armed citizenry, against audacious perps who value nothing but their final 15mins of fame. The goal? Reduce it to 1min or less, every time.

May the bleeding hearts who subsequently call for yet more disarming of honorable citizens have choke on their tongues as they approach the microphones, sufficiently long for the outcry of the wronged to be heard. Long enough for something good to come of this. For the ostriches to remove their heads from their collective lesiglating arses. May it happen just that way.

Peel off $10B of the $30B "Homeland" security dept. Sweep away the various self-defense laws, and the use-of-force laws, replacing it with a relatively simple, straightforward law for armed concealed/open carry by trained, law-abiding citizens: train, carry, defend, be evaluated by a board of judges on each and every "shoot", be held accountable for bad "shoots", disallow suing by perps. The cash to cover medical bills for injuries to bystanders, training for another 100K police officers, training for any citizen wanting 2wks of immersion training and periodic refresher training on the use of force. A bit rough on the edges, but anything's better than what we've got now.

A pox on us all, if we merely sit on our collective thumbs while another hundred such shootings occur. The meek will inherit the earth? Baloney.

+ 100....I'm in...Train me...hell I'll pay for it. I can't express how much safer I will feel when my CCW comes in the mail. I can't express how much safer it would make me feel to be able to carry on my college campus.
    "Life exists at a level of complexity almost beyond our ability to comprehend. It's a well known fact that if you try to take apart a cat to see how it works one of the first things you have on your hands is a non-working cat" - Douglas Adams

"All things are governed by law" - Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    Thats sounds like it although this morning they were reporting he having been sighted with the guards guessed to be an AK47 and the police in general referring to as a "longgun".

Crap is just nuts, I wonder what tomorrow will bring. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Lancaster County was also where the one kid killed his 14/15 year old girlfriend's family after she came home from a night out partyinog with him all night and was forbinned to see him. They then both took off and were caught a day or two later.
    That story fell off quickly. Did they ever determine if the girl was complicit?

Seems like every time there is a school shooting, all the loose nuts fall out of the tree. The Lancaster shooting, despite some minor details, was obviously a copycat.

Lets all hold on tightly until the insanity cools down to a managable level, and try to counter the gungrabbers when they surface. Dang I wish I could sit outside my son's school for a few days.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Listening to this story and the first thing I heard was: "We need stronger gun control" I almost s--- "how about we need guns" and I know before this is over the Amish will be saying "it was Gods will" or something like that, to justify it. Makes me sick. Stand up for your rights and protect yourself! Rant over, sorry if I offended anyone.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links