appears cooperating doesn't work either... - Page 2

appears cooperating doesn't work either...

This is a discussion on appears cooperating doesn't work either... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I know I want to at least go down fighting....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: appears cooperating doesn't work either...

A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I know I want to at least go down fighting.

While I agree this perp is a douche bag, I wonder if he is also and idiot and had a ND while grabbing the keys. The fact that he shot the guy after he complied and hit him in the leg makes me think it as a negligent discharge. I'm not saying he shouldn't still be charged with attempted murder when they catch him.

Very seldom is the 1911 more than arm length away, shower, bed, what have you.
    Just one reason I got it in stainless.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

No one would be in my yard, nor approaching me @ 1:30 a.m. let alone remotely close to the door of my house, without my hand being under my shirt and on my gun. Just the way it is.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I apologize for hijack with a reply but, based on some of the threads I have read, there is NO limit to where some people will keep possession of their firearm. About the only one I have yet to see a thread on is in bed during hoochie, koochie time.
    You don't?? Then how do you play a decent game of "Shoot the Deputy"? Or, Ride 'em cowgirl!

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    "Do your best."??? Well, should you decide to draw in this situation, you dont get a second chance to "do your best". That just might be what your headstone reads. In terms of car jackings, it should be common knowledge that if your in a shady part of town, SA goes up along with your windows and locking your doors and always leave yourself an out when you pull up on red lights.

SA could have gone a long way in making this one turn out different. Keep in mind there a lot of details that we don't have. Did he demand the keys before the victim got out of the car? Did the BG have the gun pulled from the start? Did the BG step from the bushes next to the driveway? As it is with most of the news stories we just don't get a lot of details.

It is important to note that the victim survived the encounter. I feel that it was due to luck that he did. The BG proved in the shootout with LE how far he was willing to go.

Intentionally absorbing a bullet...I think I would re-phrase that to; Mentally prepared to absorb a bullet in a gunfight. Unlike the movies, in real life we are likely to get shot. The difference between me and the guy in this incident is that I will be shooting back. All of my paractice and training are to give me a better chance of survival than the BG.

I think it's safe to assume that SA and preparation didn't play a part in this incident. What do I take from this incident?
    Always be prepared.
    There is no such place as never happens here.
    Doing everything the BG says isn't a guarantee.
    Train more. Practice more.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links