appears cooperating doesn't work either...

This is a discussion on appears cooperating doesn't work either... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This incident happend in Cassleberry, just north of Orlando. It's always a topic of discussion of when to draw or not, especially when the BG ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: appears cooperating doesn't work either...

appears cooperating doesn't work either...

This incident happend in Cassleberry, just north of Orlando. It's always a topic of discussion of when to draw or not, especially when the BG has the drop on you. After this situation maybe it's best just to draw and do your best? I wonder exactly where the BG came from. Was he visible to the victim as he was pulling into his driveway? Was the victims SA not up to par?

Search on for 'armed and dangerous' carjacker

2. Remove Ads

What a dirt bag! Hope the guy recovers OK and am glad his son was not hurt. It would have been a different outcome had it been my son and I. Junior would have lit him up as I distracted him with the keys.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Cooperation--sometimes it works, sometimes not. You never know what's in the mind of the assailant.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

And this is why we are armed everywhere other than shower
    mkh likes this.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    In that situation, as fast as it devoloped, I may very well have to 'absorb' a bullet in order to put that animial down. Hard to say what I really would've/could've/should've done. I'm only so good at armchair/internet quarterbacking........

I do hope this rabid animial is found soonest!
    darbo and Ksgunner like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

"Things like this don't happen around here."

Uh, well they do now.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    This situation reminds me of one of a potential scenario that I consider to be amongst the most troubling and potentially dangerous: that of being a victim of a robbery where it is not immediately obvious that they are possessing lethal force, but they are. For example, the having a knife (or gun) in a pocket that isn't visible but is intended to come into play if you don't co-operate properly. As I think this type of situation over, the more I realize the importance of SA and avoidance if possible, followed by having a non lethal force option. I think in the case where it is unknown if an assailant has a lethal option that it would still be justifiable grounds for the use of non-lethal force (spray) while moving off the X, achieving some extra distance, and preparing to use lethal force should it become necessary.

The only other things I can think of, at least with regards to this news item, is awareness, as in where was the carjacker when he pulled into his driveway, and the old rule about nothing good happening after midnight.
    Glhadiator likes this.

tough one...

hard not to comply. The gun had to be visible from the start for me to readily hand over the keys... So he's got the drop on me... If you drop the keys.. "case of nerves" (real or fake) he could shoot you, then pick 'em up... If you toss 'em.. same thing...

No easy out... tossing 'em would allow you to absorb a bullet (if not angering perp enough to level a fatal shot) and give you time to shoot back... Dropping 'em = less time to react...

Don't like this scenario...

SA is the only hope... and if you have motion lights in the drive... might have illuminated BG before you got out of car... if you pull up and activate them.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    I've gone a step further by spending the last 46 years sculpting a body that nobody would want to interact with while showering.

I've got some extra ziplocks and nylon cord ifn ya want to slip your EDC in one and hang it round your neck!!! Jus Sayin
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

This is why getting off the x is important. And not just a side step, you need to keep moving as fast as you can put hits on target. If you don't train and practice this you are way behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glhadiator likes this.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

There are some great holsters out there made to be fixed just below the steering wheel in a vehicle.

You thinkin' what im thinkin"...?

"Reaches for keys - BANG BANG"
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I apologize for hijack with a reply but, based on some of the threads I have read, there is NO limit to where some people will keep possession of their firearm. About the only one I have yet to see a thread on is in bed during hoochie, koochie time.

mkh
    Intentionally "absorbing a bullet" is low on my list of how to respond to things like this.
    marcclarke likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I apologize for hijack with a reply but, based on some of the threads I have read, there is NO limit to where some people will keep possession of their firearm. About the only one I have yet to see a thread on is in bed during hoochie, koochie time.
    You don't?
    mprp likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links