VIDEO of knife attack within 21 feet... NO WAY you can draw fast enough

This is a discussion on VIDEO of knife attack within 21 feet... NO WAY you can draw fast enough within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CDH They wasted a lot of time sloooowwwlly bringing up their weapon to two handed Weaver while they could have gotten off ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIDEO of knife attack within 21 feet... NO WAY you can draw fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    They wasted a lot of time sloooowwwlly bringing up their weapon to two handed Weaver while they could have gotten off the first 1/2 hip shot and kept shooting from there.

That's what I get out of it, and again, I don't argue how fast someone can approach from 7 or 12 or 21 or whatever feet.
    It's just that this video is not a good example of how to handle it.

http://www.the-roberts.info/gallery/...collateral.mpg
    From the looks, its a British/Scots vid, and their reactions are about what you would expect. The male officers' draws were slowed by the weight of the testicles that were issued to them for the demonstration. Didn't you notice the looks of puzzlement on their faces....? Europeans still operate under the idea that its unmanly and uncivilized to use firearms. Which is why their death rate from blunt trauma is higher than ours......a decidedly unpopular topic with them.

Monica is clearly a Celtic lass, and has the wonderful potential to be a ravening she-wolf with some more advanced training.

2. Remove Ads

CDH
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Europeans still operate under the idea that its unmanly and uncivilized to use firearms. Which is why their death rate from blunt trauma is higher than ours......a decidedly unpopular topic with them.
    Yea, while I think I instinctively saw that (hence my previous post and comments), I didn't really connect to that on an obvious basis.

This video's creator and it's actors all come from what is essentially an anti-gun culture. They have been taught since childhood to have a clear aversion to using guns for ANY reason because of their inherent "evil".
    Therefore, it becomes VERY clear what this video is all about: It's another attempt to "prove" that guns have no value in society AT ALL, even in the hands of "trained law enforcement professionals".
    I mean, if a gunfighter can't win a knife fight, then why have guns at all?... Right? So let's just BAN them and get it over with... Right?

I intend that analysis to sound humorously paranoid, but it makes you wonder...

From the looks, its a British/Scots vid, and their reactions are about what you would expect.
    I can understand the confusion. The speaker on the video isn't speaking American English and hence must be from anti-gun British or Scottish lands. The problem is, the accent isn't Brit or Scot.

Check the original language that was translated into English.

Obrona przed nozem przy uzyciu pistoletu jest niemozliwa na dystansie 2 metrow. Na dystansie 4 jest trudna. Na dystansie 6 i wiecej metrow jest bardziej prawdopodobna.
    It isn't Scottish or British English.

Did you follow the links?
    http://klub.chip.pl/mma/kombat/walka_nozem.html

or

http://www.itf.prv.pl/

I am guessing these are Slavic, but I don't know.

Thats increible.
    If you knew the BG had a knife and would maybe attempt to charge you, the key to help you survive if you are out in the open would be able to have room to manuever or back up to give yourself more time to draw and fire.
    I would think that the majority of LEO's probably don't realize it could happen or either their adrenaline level is so high along with a loss of time that they get caught up in it and WHAM ! its over....
    Thanx for the vid...

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Would add one more item >>> with the BG's incoming momentum,would suggest that you shoot more than 1.

With the "limited"(?) capacity of my Kimber,I would shoot 3 very fast.

We train for these things, and with hand on weapon my 3 shots are finished in 1.2-1.5sec.(on a good day). I'm sure that the younger guys can improve on this. --------

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    I am guessing these are Slavic, but I don't know.
    Actually, that would make more sense. Post USSR, most of the Eastern Europen nations are less then ideally equipped to deal with gang-crime on the level they are experiencing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links