Man in Critical condition, Kills 1 intruder

This is a discussion on Man in Critical condition, Kills 1 intruder within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry, I couldnt find this online, I had to retype an article someone gave me: "Wounded man returns fire, kills intruder at Frayser home A ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Acrid

Thread: Man in Critical condition, Kills 1 intruder

Man in Critical condition, Kills 1 intruder

Sorry, I couldnt find this online, I had to retype an article someone gave me:

"Wounded man returns fire, kills intruder at Frayser home

A Frayser man was shot by intruders attempting to rob his home early Wednesday morning, but returned fire and killed one of the attackers, according to police.

Officers responded to the home in the 3500 block of Bigelow near Tulsa Avenue shortly after midnight. They found the 28-year-old resident had been shot, and he was taken to the Regional Medical Center at Memphis in critical condition.

Officers found another man at the house who was also shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The victim told investigators he responded to a knock at his carport door to find four men armed with handguns. One of the intruders shot him, but the resident was also armed and returned fire, striking and killing one of the suspects.

The three other intruders fled the scene.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing, police said."

2. Remove Ads

Also just came across this article:Man Shoots Burglar in House
    ArmyMan and msgt/ret like this.

I know this area...typical battle zone Memphis. At one time Frayser was a great little blue collar suburb of Memphis, not anymore. How do I know, I grew up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid View Post
    Also just came across this article:Man Shoots Burglar in House
    From the article:

"As unfortunate as this is, we hope it would discourage anyone who was considering breaking into a home," said police Lt. Andy Eichenlaub.
    He said the shooting will be investigated, but he added the legal precedent known as the "castle doctrine" gives residents the right to defend themselves and their families in their homes.

"Police later identified the burglar as 29-year-old Jeffrey Carson, who was taken to Elyria Memorial Hospital and pronounced dead. Police said Carson, an Elyria resident, had an extensive criminal record that included assault and burglary charges."

It sounds like LE is making it known that they are fully aware of the problem that repeat offenders present, and are saying they hope that knowing there is a possibility that a homeowner may be armed will make a BG think twice about it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    From the article:

"As unfortunate as this is, we hope it would discourage anyone who was considering breaking into a home," said police Lt. Andy Eichenlaub.
    He said the shooting will be investigated, but he added the legal precedent known as the "castle doctrine" gives residents the right to defend themselves and their families in their homes.

"Police later identified the burglar as 29-year-old Jeffrey Carson, who was taken to Elyria Memorial Hospital and pronounced dead. Police said Carson, an Elyria resident, had an extensive criminal record that included assault and burglary charges."

It sounds like LE is making it known that they are fully aware of the problem that repeat offenders present, and are saying they hope that knowing there is a possibility that a homeowner may be armed will make a BG think twice about it.
    That's assuming the BG's are smart enough to realize they chose the wrong line to get into. I don't think that is going to happen.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Maybe I did not read all of this as well as I could but--- "midnight and you open your carport door"? Even if he had not literally invited the BGs into his home by apparently opening his door to whomever at whatever time, at midnight and someone is in my home (just my wife and I) I stay in my locked bedroom with a door stopper under door, I call 911, activate garge door opener and activate alarms on cars (if LEOs are anywere around in time they will know exactly where to go) and do not go out of bedroom--stolen stuff is insured and replaceable, I am not. If the BGs decide that the locked bedroom door should be opened, they will never ever remember why they opened the door once they stick their head and/or body into the room. My only concerns afterward are hiring someone to replace the carpet and the door jam. Just the idea that he did what he did raises my eyebrows a bit over what is the real story in this incident.

I would never answer my door if I lived in memphis. I'm from Arkansas so I'm pretty familiar with what goes on in memphis. Especially early morning, If you were coming to my house I better recieve a phone call saying your headed over especially for your safety.
    At least he got one of the BG's shame he didn't get all four. At least he's alive to tell the story.....hopefully.

And another person changing his life around is needlessly killed doing a crime. How sad.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

This is a good reason to carry even when at home.. I think another thread is asking if people carry at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    This is a good reason to carry even when at home.. I think another thread is asking if people carry at home.
    I ALWAYS carry at home so it's by me wherever I go in my house.

VIP Member
    I found this online related to the OP: CRIME REPORT: Memphis police officer cited after crashing squad car in South Memphis The Commercial Appeal

Scroll down to the 2nd report.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Links