helped an officer in trouble

This is a discussion on helped an officer in trouble within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ I expect them to stayout of my buisness, and I will stay out of theirs. R-really? That's your response?...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: helped an officer in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    I expect them to stayout of my buisness, and I will stay out of theirs.
    R-really? That's your response?
    mg27 likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    R-really? That's your response?
    Actually yes. Lets just say this was an improper arrest. Lets just say the cop stopped them because they were black and illegally searched them. The cop is well protected from lawsuits, me if I helped in this illegal arrest am not well protected from lawsuits. Or lets just say that this went bad, very bad, and one of them knifed the cop. I have no doubt after that, that my "interference" would have been the cause. Or as the OP stated, a cop coming up on the scene sees me helping (I do not drink), and sees my gun (my shirt rides up during the struggle) and then shoots me. Oops, we're sorry you are dead. Or "The immigrant (me) was acting to prevent the arrest, had a gun, so it became necessary to shoot him."

No thanks on all of it.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    You acted. You helped. You survived. The officer not only survived, but continued to accomplish/do his job and arrest the BG's. I'm sure he appreciated your assistance, even if it was unsolicited. As far as I'm concerned you did GOOD!!! Too many would have stood by and just observed without trying t help. I'd have to live with myself IF I were ever in that situation and did not assist. Just sayin!!!
    Good man, in my opinion. I've heard a lot of stories of stops going bad, and I've talked to a lot of officers who know of other officers or have themselves had those experiences. Back a few years ago I took part in a "citizen's police academy" and came to understand why a lot of the behavior of officers in traffic stops happens, down to little details I'd never noticed. To this day I take a peek at traffic stops I drive by just to make sure. You never know.

^^^^^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^^^^

Gotta watch out for the good guys.
    Yeah I know, some people look at police as dirty rotten scoundrels, on the take, and as criminal as the perps they bust.

Judging all, for the actions of a few, is narrow- minded and simplistic at best.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Actually yes. Lets just say this was an improper arrest. Lets just say the cop stopped them because they were black and illegally searched them. The cop is well protected from lawsuits, me if I helped in this illegal arrest am not well protected from lawsuits. Or lets just say that this went bad, very bad, and one of them knifed the cop. I have no doubt after that, that my "interference" would have been the cause. Or as the OP stated, a cop coming up on the scene sees me helping (I do not drink), and sees my gun (my shirt rides up during the struggle) and then shoots me. Oops, we're sorry you are dead. Or "The immigrant (me) was acting to prevent the arrest, had a gun, so it became necessary to shoot him."

No thanks on all of it.
    Well for starters, if someone jumps a cop it's flat out wrong, bad arrest or not. And what would you have done if the BG got the cops gun a shot him? Be a good witness I imagine. I truly hope you never have to call 911. You sir are what my NYPD father would call "a cold *******".
    mg27 and Echo_Four like this.

No thanks on all of it.
    pin-the-molotov-505x398.jpg
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

You get two-thumbs-up from me mg27.
    There's far too much of the "don't get involved" mentality these days. While some situations may warrant such an attitude, society has forgotten how to help their neighbors in time of need.
    mg27 likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Don't even know how to react to that....

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    I noticed a police officer talking with two black males (Please dont Imply that im a racist because I mentioned black male, if they were white or chinese Id say the same)
    I'm not PC at all, but I'm pretty sure that if the criminals were White or Chinese and you'd still say they were Black males - some may interpret that as racist.
    Brad426, Echo_Four and kante like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    I'm not PC at all, but I'm pretty sure that if the criminals were White or Chinese and you'd still say they were Black males - some may interpret that as racist.
    I was thinking that same thing
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    No lol what I was saying is that if they were white or chinese I would also say they were chinese, in other words Im telling it like it was, they were black males.. The news media today makes it like a crime to Identify the suspects of a crime, for instance after zimmerman, Jane velez mitchell was saying,"Why do the police have to say BLACK MALE instead of a MALE... Its ridiculos

I wouldnt sit here and tell you that black males jumped on the cop if it werent the fact, if they were white I would say they were white, Thats what I was trying to say.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Long time ago when I was a deputy a armed citizen came to my aid and I don't think its a dumb move I think you did right
    mg27 likes this.

No thanks on all of it.

Sadly, you raise a lot of good points

I would help an officer out. And I'm sure the one you helped was grateful for your actions.
    mg27 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    sometimes spur of the moment thoughts trump logical reasoning... good thing it worked out.
    mg27 likes this.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links