Real Scenario at my local Wally World

This is a discussion on Real Scenario at my local Wally World within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought I would pass along something that happened the other day while I was at Walmart. (REAL STORY!) I just dropped my daughter off ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Real Scenario at my local Wally World

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar

I thought I would pass along something that happened the other day while I was at Walmart. (REAL STORY!)

I just dropped my daughter off for her drama practice and needed to kill a little time, get some gas, pick up some OTC meds & groceries. I decided a trip to WW for allow me to meet my criteria; so off I went.

Everything was going good until I had been in the grocery section for a few minutes. I began to hear a man yelling, cursing & throwing items an isle or two over. At the same time a small panic set in with some other shoppers and they began "hurrying" out of the area and saying; "somebody needs to call the police 'she' needs help!"

My first thought is some guy is beating up on his wife. (Sorry guys, that just isn't going to happen in my presence.)

I look over at the end of the isle & see several brothers (BIG guys!) standing there looking down the isle where the cursing, screaming & throwing stuff is happening. Nobody is doing nothing. Nor, is anyone on the phone. But, it sounds like the woman needs help.

When I get there I can see a BIG white man (6'3" 300+), cussing at this woman knocking stuff off the shelf & threatening to hurt her. (It really looked like it could go bad FAST!)

So what did I do?

I'll let you know later-

After others say what they would do.

-

Call 911 be a good witness until it escalated to actual physical abuse. At that point I would hope employees had stepped in. Seems like there is some connection between the two and until it escalated to violence everything was still ok in my book. No crime against screaming at a person.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Call 911 be a good witness until it escalated to actual physical abuse. At that point I would hope employees had stepped in. Seems like there is some connection between the two and until it escalated to violence everything was still ok in my book. No crime against screaming at a person.
    Yeah, probably this. Trying to calm someone down in a heated domestic violence situation can make it escalate even faster... and at you... so I would probably not intervene unless there was actual physical violence happening.
    MrsHB likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    A quick Mozambique?
    brocktice likes this.

That's a tough call..... I'd be on the phone and more than likely following BigJohn's advice. I may or may not interven but seeing a woman getting abused violently isn't something that I'll just let pass.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Dial 911, observe, remember, step in if it escalated to violence.

VIP Member
    Call 911 and be a good witness. You don't know what started the situation. It may or may not be a domestic dispute. For all you know she assaulted him. It wouldn't be the first time the smaller person/"weaker sex" started a physical altercation.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

When are we going to get the rest of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I agree with this course of action. or try to get someone im near to call 911 while i video.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't see any reason to do other than call 911 and observantly stand by. No immediate threat to life or bodily harm, the ground rules for intervening.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Same as what everyone else said, call 911 & Stand by sort of at a distance and take mental notes Most important I'd wip out my cell and record the incident, I'd do that very sneaky so not to piss hhim off more. I would not intervene unless it gets physical and from there I'd hope if it was the BIG man who started it, that it would be more then just me pulling him off her, Especially armed. I dont like to wrestle around with anyone with my firearm on my belt.
    carracer likes this.

Scary situation for reasons all others here had mentioned...

No way to know if it was going to head north or south.

Throw things at him.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

VIP Member
    Okay Paul Harvey, let's hear the rest of the story.....

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Walmart? Yelling and disruptive behavior?

Tell an employee, let them deal with it... then continue on, grab the ammo I went there for, and go home. Cops never seem to be far from a Walmart for some reason.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links