Brandishing Weapons To Cut In Line For Gas

This is a discussion on Brandishing Weapons To Cut In Line For Gas within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When it comes down to "survival," people are going to do what they think is right. In this case cutting in line for gas is ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Brandishing Weapons To Cut In Line For Gas

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    When it comes down to "survival," people are going to do what they think is right. In this case cutting in line for gas is considered survival for some lower elements of society.

Equivalent show of force in this case will be frowned upon. Unless they draw, then all bets are off.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I agree. Remember also that in any gunfight there is always the chance that you will lose.
    Protecting the integrity of a gasoline line would not be something that I would want escalating into gunfire in a crowded area where tempers are already on short fuses and innocent bystanders are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Let him cut & fill-up. Remain quiet, calm & in your car. Call 911, report a man brandishing two firearms, give description of the man, the vehicle & the license plate number. Let the pros (LE) decide the details. I, personally, am not drawing my gun to stop an ass from being an ass. He's already violated the law or (at least) is very deep into a legal gray area. I do NOT want to join him to make my point.
    limatunes likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I would buy gas BEFORE the storm.
    Exactly. During Rita and Ike, our banks and gas stations were packed. I had full tanks and money ahead of time,thank goodness. Keep your tank at least half full at ALL times. When we were leaving for Rita some people passed on the shoulder,a few held guns up to their windows. No cops to call,they were spread out everywhere. However,unless there is a direct threat to my life, I stay out of it. Some guy brandishing is no reason to start a gun fight,IMO. A gun is a last resort. I have sympathy for the East coast,but then again,we were 3.5 weeks with no power after Rita, 90-100 degrees and 85% humidity. Few stores open. It takes time to put those poles back up.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Let him cut & fill-up. Remain quiet, calm & in your car. Call 911, report a man brandishing two firearms, give description of the man, the vehicle & the license plate number. Let the pros (LE) decide the details. I, personally, am not drawing my gun to stop an ass from being an ass. He's already violated the law or (at least) is very deep into a legal gray area. I do NOT want to join him to make my point.
    I would venture to guess that in NJ he is definatly on the wrong side of the law. I would get his license plate number and call police, after he left I would get as many witnesses as possible to write down their names and contact information so that when things return to normal the LEO's can get all the statements and give this idiot a nice vacation on the taxpayers dime at Rikers Island or where ever New Jersey sends their criminally stupid!

Watch everyone else in line pull out shotguns AR15's, pistols and say " No Cuts"
    rmxer85 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What would I do? If the brandisher looked and sounded like Gyp Rosetti on Boardwalk Empire, I'd go get in another line. And seeing as it's New Joisey, most guys do look and sound like Gyp!

"I got a gun ... you got a gun ... he got a gun ... everybody got a gun!" -- Gyp Rosetti

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    This sounds like a job for the local LEO...unless he starts shooting, of course.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    One thing you can count on, a few people had celphone video running. No matter what you did, someone would say it was wrong and produce footage to "prove" it. Better off leaving it to the professionals unless you or family is under threat of violence.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

You take pictures, call LE, and just watch and oberserve.

Call 911, let him go, take his plate #, and watch him like a hawk.

Laugh when they come and cart his butt away.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Consider that if you somehow get engaged with such a person it is almost certain you won't be getting the gas you came for.
    Arborigine likes this.

Pffft......let the loser cut in the line and leave him be and dont say another word. while he is busy pre-paying for said gas,every so calm,walk over the hit the emergency pump shut down button. Call 911 and tell them some idiot is his being a threat with a firearm and give the tag number.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I would buy gas BEFORE the storm.

Sure take the easy way out.

I'd call the police and watch the felony menacing unfold.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Brandishing Weapons To Cut In Line For Gas

Some jerk cuts into gas line and pulls a gun??? The nerve of some people - I just don't get it. If it were a line for the restroom I would be more inclined to understand.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links